Illinois Weather...ugg..159 days and countng

KGSB11

The weather I encountered on my drive home from work today. Need I say anymore??? The Allure seems like an eternity away. Thank you to all who have posted reviews lately as it sure helps.

IMG_20130312_180833.jpg.0d9db3ca81d4df6fb26ab2d8896baac1.jpg

I live in suburban Chicago, and even though the 10 inches from last week is almost gone, it's been flurrying all day. Our cruise (luckily) is only 11 days away. Can't get out of town fast enough! Wish you could leave sooner, too!

Hey, at least there is no traffic in that photo. :P I'm in the Chicago suburbs as well, and my commute involved much busier roads.

And while I'm thrilled that my next cruise is double digit days away, it's not a warm weather trip...got to wait for November for that one.

Enjoy your cruise!

I feel your pain. Lived in Chicago for 11 years before moving to Charlotte NC in 2006. We were primarily in the city, in Old Town (North and Larrabee) and the last 18 months were way out in McHenry County, in Cary. Miss many things about Chicago, but not necessarily the weather. :)

Michigans weather isnt any better.....cold/grey/snowy...BUT...my flight leaves at 6am FRI and I'll be on INDY this Sat....WOOOOT!

I feel lucky compared to Michigan's weather; my family has been keeping me posted on the snowfall this season.

FWIW, I figure the winter, or at least the really bad stuff, is done. Think positive, like Odd ball said, with all that positive energy we can't lose. ;-)

We can only hope that the bad stuff is over. :(

That 10 minute blizzard was wild to watch ( from the view of my warm comfy couch) thank goodness I have only 10 more days until I reach the warm and comfy view of the port in Ft Lauderdale for our "Allure Take 2"

I know how you feel , missed our winter getaway because we went in Nov. I'm from Sycamore and we have 305 days to go. Ughhh.

Also in Sycamore! :) I do apoligize for your long wait ahead of you...though to think I started my countdown at 503 days, 305 is nearly halfway!!!! :D

That 10 minute blizzard was wild to watch ( from the view of my warm comfy couch) thank goodness I have only 10 more days until I reach the warm and comfy view of the port in Ft Lauderdale for our "Allure Take 2"

Wow, almost into the single-digit countdown...That is quite a feeling, isn't it?!

Archived