Not Sure How This Works...Anyone???

Marie50

Is an automatic 15% put on to all bar purchases as on other cruise lines?

Also, am I allowed to take my own soda onboard with me?

Is there a small refrigerator in the stateroom?

First NCL cruise on the Breakaway in June.

Thank You.

Thank You.

Yes, the gratuity is automatically added to your bar bill. I don't know if Breakaway will have mini-fridges in the rooms although I'm betting they will; but you are able to bring soda on-board. In Miami we just put a luggage tag on a 12 pack of Coke and it showed up in our cabin later that day.

Enjoy your cruise!

I don't know if you're aware but ncl now offers an all you can drink alcohol and soda package. It's about $50 per day per person but the gratuities of 15% are included. I made the mistake off tipping on each of my drinks last month on the Jewel, before I saw that it was included.

Can't wait until the breakaway! Does anyone have any recently updated info on the kings warf???? I seriously don't want to have to use tenders to get off the ship.

Thank You.

Yes to everything though not sure if the studios will have a fridge or not. They do not on the Epic. Anyone know for sure?

I don't know if you're aware but ncl now offers an all you can drink alcohol and soda package. It's about $50 per day per person but the gratuities of 15% are included. I made the mistake off tipping on each of my drinks last month on the Jewel, before I saw that it was included.

Can't wait until the breakaway! Does anyone have any recently updated info on the kings warf???? I seriously don't want to have to use tenders to get off the ship.

The Ultimate Beverage Packing (UBP) is $49 pp / day and does not include the 15% gratuities. On our 9 nights cruise it cost $1014 for the two of us, UBP + tax

To the OP: keep in mind that when you sign for your bar tab, the slip will already have the 15% auto-gratuity added to your total. However, there is also a "Tip" line for you to add an extra tip if you so desire. At a glance, you might not realize that the 15% is already included and might add an amount to the "Tip" line without intending to do so. If you're good with the 15% auto-gratuity, you can just put "0" in the "Tip" line, draw a dashed line through the area, or just leave it blank. Of course, you still have to sign the slip.

The Ultimate Beverage Packing (UBP) is $49 pp / day and does not include the 15% gratuities. On our 9 nights cruise it cost $1014 for the two of us, UBP + tax

That wording I don't think is quite correct. The charge is $49 pp day and the 15% gratuity is added onto that total at the time of purchase. You would not be billed the 15% again when the drinks are then served.

That wording I don't think is quite correct. The charge is $49 pp day and the 15% gratuity is added onto that total at the time of purchase. You would not be billed the 15% again when the drinks are then served.

That is correct it is not $49 plus tax but rather plus 15% tip or $56 a day.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Archived