Zuiderdam or Volendam for 2014 Alaska cruise

CHSGrl

Volendam. Smaller, more comfortable ship. Leaves on Wednesday, so there are fewer people sharing the ports. That makes it easier to see what you go to Alaska to see. It also makes it easier to get private shore excursions.

Also fewer people ending up back at the Vancouver airport at the same time.

I also would favor the Volendam for the above reasons. I jujst think the Volendam is a nicer ship. Perhaps the fact that I have been on the Volendam for a total of 72 days colors my thinking a bit. However I have been on the Zuiderdam for 31 days. Therefore I can make a good comparison between the two ships.

The Volendam, absolutely, and for the reasons Ruth stated. The smaller ship makes for a much better experience, in my opinion, for Alaska. I like both ships but the Volendam is my all-time favourite.

We are sailing out on the Volendam this May. I was hoping for a quiet port but there are three ships embarking on our Wednesday. I was not expecting that.

igraf

Volendam.....Also fewer people ending up back at the Vancouver airport at the same time.

Archived