Cancelling a cruise

lalalang

I have an e-mail in to my PVP to get my price adjusted for our cruise (we can save $400) but if I don't hear from her quickly can I just cancel my current cruise and book a new one at the better rate myself? Final payment is not due until April 25, I still owe about $1000, and when I click on the "what happens if I cancel" button it says I would pay $0. Are there hidden costs that I don't know about? Or will I get my full amount I paid refunded to me?

I'm just worried that my PVP won't get to it quickly and I'll lose out on the great rate. I tried calling Carnival but can't get through.

Thanks!

Why wait for your PVP to call back. I would just call Carnival's 1-800 number and talk to whoever answers.

The waiting for a PVP to call back is why I never use one anymore. I can just call Carnival myself and take care of it. No patience here when it comes to waiting when I decide to do something I want to do it now.:D

I have an e-mail in to my PVP to get my price adjusted for our cruise (we can save $400) but if I don't hear from her quickly can I just cancel my current cruise and book a new one at the better rate myself? Final payment is not due until April 25, I still owe about $1000, and when I click on the "what happens if I cancel" button it says I would pay $0. Are there hidden costs that I don't know about? Or will I get my full amount I paid refunded to me?

I'm just worried that my PVP won't get to it quickly and I'll lose out on the great rate. I tried calling Carnival but can't get through.

Thanks!

You can do that, but what fare are you booked at? And also, don't you have the cell phone number for your pvp?

I would call your PVP and even leave a message. Mine has told me that they get a lot of emails and the best way to get him if it is time sensitive is to call and leave a voice mail. I always get a call back within a few minutes.

Why wait for your PVP to call back. I would just call Carnival's 1-800 number and talk to whoever answers.

The waiting for a PVP to call back is why I never use one anymore. I can just call Carnival myself and take care of it. No patience here when it comes to waiting when I decide to do something I want to do it now.:D

I'm the same way, if I want something done which would benefit me greatly, I'd contact Carnival myself and speak to the next person that answers the phone.

I've been on hold with Carnival since 7:45.

I got on my cell while still on hold (work phone) and called my PVP's cell and left a message. She doesn't start work until 10 so I hesitated to call her this early, but $400 is $400, right? I'll give her a little bit of time to respond.

Thanks for your advice!

I put a room on courtesy hold for 24 hours while waiting to hear back from my PVP. (I tried calling customer service but was on hold forever and needed to go to a work meeting)

I called my PVP's cell twice and felt bad because it was so early in the morning, but she came through for me---another $440 taken off. SWEET. :D

Archived