Has anyone done Day Passes at Coco Reef Resort?

LizzieTrowbridge

I just booked two day passes ($49 per person) at Coco Reef Resort in Bermuda and am wondering if anyone else has done this and if so, was it worth it. It sounds like a good deal to me-includes full day use of facilities, pool, beach, towels, chaise lounges, umbrellas, lunch included, and a glass of wine. The only other day pass I found was $400 for a pool cabana at Elbow Beach Club.

member gaylemh posted this report about his stay there in 9/12:

I just returned from my Explorer cruise to Bermuda. We did the Coco Reef Day Pass on the second day. The place was great for adults looking for a quiet beach day. There were only the 8 from our group and a handful from the resort while we were there. In the afternoon we were the only ones at the pool. I think kids would be bored. The grounds and lobby were beautiful, but you need to be able to walk a steep hill and steep stairs down to the beach and back up from the pool. The beach right in front of the resort was very rocky, but a few steps to the right (facing the ocean) you can swim at Elbow Beach where there are no rocks. Mickey's is right there too. When we first got there it was high tide, so you needed to go up one flight of stairs to walk over to Elbow Beach, but a little while later you were able to walk over right on the beach.

The outside eating area was closed, because they were painting, but was opening again the next day. The inside restaurant was very nice, and you could go in with just a cover up over your bathing suit. With the day pass you could order either a appetizer and entrée, or an entrée and dessert. You also got a glass of wine, beer or soda.

Some of the choices for lunch were:

Butternut squash soup

House Salad

Caesar's Salad

Fish Sandwich/fries - everyone that had it said it was excellent

Hamburger/fries -

Cuban Sandwich/fries (pulled pork) - was told it was very good from people in our group

Chicken sandwich/fries - the person that had it didn't like it

There was also some kind of vegetable baguette and I think one more, but I don't remember what it was.

The fries were really good.

rum pineapple crepe with rum raisin ice cream - excellent

a strawberry dessert

brownie with ice cream

a chocolate hazelnut dessert

fruit pies

ice cream

Overall everyone in our group thought the food was very good, and if you just went there to eat it would easily cost you $35-$40.

Towels, chairs and umbrellas were provided.

For the cost of $49 it was a great day, and I would go on another trip to Bermuda. One couple went to look at the rooms while we were there, and are thinking about going for a land vacation.

The cost of the taxi for 1-4 people was $35 + tip each way.

I took a few pictures, but I still have to download them.

The pictures he mentioned in his last sentence are located here.

SBtS

I just booked two day passes ($49 per person) at Coco Reef Resort in Bermuda and am wondering if anyone else has done this and if so, was it worth it. It sounds like a good deal to me-includes full day use of facilities, pool, beach, towels, chaise lounges, umbrellas, lunch included, and a glass of wine. The only other day pass I found was $400 for a pool cabana at Elbow Beach Club.

How did you book them already? Are you cruising in June too. thanks

We were there with Gayle In Sept. We really liked it, but it's very quiet, so if you're looking for loud music or any activities, you won't find them here. Also, you have to walk down wooden stairs to get to the beach, and it's kind of rocky, but you can walk a little way down from the hotel and the beach there is much nicer (this coming from my DH who walked by the water). Their pool area is really nice if you're interested in that. Lunch was delicious :D Cab ride wasn't cheap but we shared with another couple on our roll call, so I think we paid $20 per couple each way.

I just returned from my Explorer cruise to Bermuda. We did the Coco Reef Day Pass on the second day. The place was great for adults looking for a quiet beach day. There were only the 8 from our group and a handful from the resort while we were there. In the afternoon we were the only ones at the pool. I think kids would be bored. The grounds and lobby were beautiful, but you need to be able to walk a steep hill and steep stairs down to the beach and back up from the pool. The beach right in front of the resort was very rocky, but a few steps to the right (facing the ocean) you can swim at Elbow Beach where there are no rocks. Mickey's is right there too. When we first got there it was high tide, so you needed to go up one flight of stairs to walk over to Elbow Beach, but a little while later you were able to walk over right on the beach.

The outside eating area was closed, because they were painting, but was opening again the next day. The inside restaurant was very nice, and you could go in with just a cover up over your bathing suit. With the day pass you could order either a appetizer and entrée, or an entrée and dessert. You also got a glass of wine, beer or soda.

Butternut squash soup

House Salad

Caesar's Salad

Hamburger/fries -

Cuban Sandwich/fries (pulled pork) - was told it was very good from people in our group

There was also some kind of vegetable baguette and I think one more, but I don't remember what it was.

a strawberry dessert

brownie with ice cream

fruit pies

ice cream

Overall everyone in our group thought the food was very good, and if you just went there to eat it would easily cost you $35-$40.

For the cost of $49 it was a great day, and I would go on another trip to Bermuda. One couple went to look at the rooms while we were there, and are thinking about going for a land vacation.

SBtS

Wonderful info as always - could we take a bus to get here? Is he saying that the $40 per person covers the lunch and beverage as well ?

Edited by dkcmb1981

$49 is the cost of the lunch/drink and the use of the beach/pool. It is a pretty good deal. You can take the bus to the Bermuda College, and then walk the 1/4 mile to the resort, but I would recommend a taxi as it is much easier.

• 3 weeks later...
How far is the walk from where the taxi drops you off to the pool area. We have a person with a mobility issue.

Thanks!

Not far to the pool. Taxi drops you right at the main entrance but you have to walk to the hotel lobby to pay at the desk. Then go thru the lobby and the pool is out the back. I don't remember any stairs to get to the pool...just alot of stairs to get to the beach.

Not far to the pool. Taxi drops you right at the main entrance but you have to walk to the hotel lobby to pay at the desk. Then go thru the lobby and the pool is out the back. I don't remember any stairs to get to the pool...just alot of stairs to get to the beach.

Thanks so much!

I just tried to call and book for 4 people but the girl on the phone told me they only do that for parties of 6 or more????

I would MUCH prefer to pay ahead so I have a spot and not be turned away once we got there.

I think I am going to e-mail them tomorrow. This would be perfect for the day my ds will be on a glass bottom tour with my sister and her family.

My dd would love the quiet and relaxing time.

Thank you.

Edited by js

• 4 weeks later...

Butternut squash soup

House Salad

Caesar's Salad

Hamburger/fries -

a strawberry dessert

brownie with ice cream

fruit pies

ice cream

SBtS

Thank you so much for posting this info. It was so informative that I am now thinking of doing a day pass myself. I hope there will be more info posted here on different hotels that offer day passes.

Thank you so much for posting this info. It was so informative that I am now thinking of doing a day pass myself. I hope there will be more info posted here on different hotels that offer day passes.

The only other one I can remember anyone posting about was Elbow Beach Resort.

This is what member blue_water posted after emailing EBR and this is their reply:

The day pass that we offer is $495.00 which is a Spa Cabana out looking the pool and it comes with towels, full mini bar, fruit platter and more you can have lunch at Mickey’s at the beach and use the beach for 6 people.

The other would be to rent a chair / umbrella on the public side for $65.00 and bring your own towel.

Just above is referring to renting the mentioned items from EBR and then walking to the public side of Elbow Beach.

SBtS

I just tried to call and book for 4 people but the girl on the phone told me they only do that for parties of 6 or more????

I would MUCH prefer to pay ahead so I have a spot and not be turned away once we got there.

I think I am going to e-mail them tomorrow. This would be perfect for the day my ds will be on a glass bottom tour with my sister and her family.

My dd would love the quiet and relaxing time.

Thank you.

JS- Were you able to make a reservation at Coco Reef? When I emailed they took my reservation and did not say anything about needing a minimum of six people. i hope it worked out for you.

I also e mailed Coco Reef and they answered me pretty fast. They said for 2 people just to come to the front desk and pay the $49 a person. I know I feel better, too, if I have a paid reservation but, will go with the flow I guess.:)

I also e mailed Coco Reef and they answered me pretty fast. They said for 2 people just to come to the front desk and pay the $49 a person. I know I feel better, too, if I have a paid reservation but, will go with the flow I guess.:)

I printed my email confirmation to bring with me since it's just the 2 of us this time. We were there last year but with a group from our roll call so we were 8 ppl. They took a reservation but we paid the day of.

I printed my email confirmation to bring with me since it's just the 2 of us this time. We were there last year but with a group from our roll call so we were 8 ppl. They took a reservation but we paid the day of.

thanks that's a great idea...I think I'll do the same thing:)

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Coco Reef last Thursday from the Breakaway and had "THE BEST DAY EVER!" So easy.

Really lovely place right next door to the Elbow Beach hotel. We had bought three day transportation passes so we took the first ferry to Hamilton in the morning (20 minutes) and the # 7 bus from the depot in Hamilton to the Stop for "Bermuda College" (10 minutes)--We heard it was like a $60 cab ride from the dockyard!

We just walked up the street past the college --maybe a 10 minute or less walk (shorter than the walk up or down the hill to Horseshoe Beach) and walked right into the beautiful lobby. Paid $49 each on our credit card and were given two towels each and told we could use the facilities all day. Lounge chairs by the pool and beach, umbrellas, restroom with showers, and an excellent lunch with wine or beer at a beautiful outdoor patio (you could eat in the restaurant too if you want).

I took a walk over to the public beach at Elbow and there were guys from the hotel with loungers there charging $50 for two chairs and an umbrella. No towels, no facilities and NO LUNCH!!! You would have to buy it at Mickey's. I thought our deal was very worthwhile. I'll post some pics!