How many do back to back cruises?

LadyGrizz

We've done 2 B2B cruises (2008 & 2013) and have booked B2B for 2014. Love them.

We had a table for 2, loved our waitstaff, and requested the same table & waitstaff for the 2nd cruise. We waited till mid-week to be sure we wanted the same.

You should receive a fruit basket & champagne for doing a B2B. I took the champagne to the MDR and the hostess exchanged it for white wine which I then had in the dining room for a few nights as I'm the only one of us who drinks wine.

I bought a bottle of premixed drink in Jamaica, which I had to turn in to the desk when we got back on the ship. (Had to be honest when asked if it was alcohol as my SO was with me!!!) I had hoped to have it for the 2nd leg (as I did on our 2008 B2B), but the room steward said it was being held till the end of our 2nd cruise. Therefore, I had to bring it home with me.

We were on Valor/Glory B2B in Dec. We were eating breakfast in the Lido buffet the last morning on Valor. I was boasting to the the couple beside us that we were going back out on Glory later in the day. Lo and behold, they were also going on the same B2B as us.

What are the odds of bumping into them like that. The next week they were seated adjacent to us in the MDR every night, a very nice couple from Missouri.

Some thing else about your B2B that hasn't been brought up. If you want to bring wine you can bring two bottles per cruise. ( for two people ). I always tell them before they put it through the scanner.Have both boarding passes ready. That way there is no question. Have a B2B2B in Sept. & another in Dec. :eek: plus a Thanksgiving cruise with the family, only 7 day's OH MY ;)

You will be hooked like us.

Have a great time.

Char

OK people how bot this. Anyone done a b to b but on a different ship? We are on 14 day cruise on Miracle in Jan and day we get back we board ncl star for Panama Canal. And its a different port!! So happy I can do laundry on Miracle

OK people how bot this. Anyone done a b to b but on a different ship? We are on 14 day cruise on Miracle in Jan and day we get back we board ncl star for Panama Canal. And its a different port!! So happy I can do laundry on Miracle

People do it... I'm glad you had a good time. We will not even change cabins -- there is no way would we go through the hassle of changing ships :)

Yep!

I did it in December. Went from Liberty onto the Breeze for a 15 day cruise:

Pros: you get two vacations, you get different ships, different itineraries, possibly different shows and different food.

Cons: Have to go through checking in again and actually get off the first ship. No biggie for me :)

Thanks for all the tips and tricks everybody, you all have been so helpful.

On the note about going from Seattle instead of Vancouver. I was considering this, but when we are on our way home, I just want to get home, I don't want an additional 3 hour drive after we land in Seattle just to get home. The cost to me is worth to get to Vancouver and drive only 45 min to get home.

I most definitely have to remember the store at 7pm so I get to keep the booze for the second week, LOL

Yes in December we actually did a b2b2b with the 3rd leg changing ships. We did a b2b on the Breeze for 14 days in Miami then drove to Ft. Lauderdale when we got off the Breeze and got on the Caribbean Princess for 7 days.

It was awesome. Difference between the 2 cruise lines was unbelievable. Princess sure put Carnival to shame! Made me wish I had done the 14 days on Princess and the shorter cruise on Carnival.

I did a B2B out of Charleston 2-28 & 3-5 in same cabin. Left items in room, met others down at service desk @ 9:45 with passport and customs form. Carnival rep walked up down to customs to be presented, we then returned to ship to take picture and receive new card. 5 minute process for that.

However one family didn't show up till 10:30 without passports or custom forms :mad: So for us ready we were taken on down. Not sure when that family was.

We've done several B2Bs. It's definitely the way to go with airfare being so high. Rather than doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise in the Spring and a Western Caribbean cruise in the Fall... you can cut the airfare costs in half by just doing the two cruises back to back.

The one advantage that no one has mentioned in this thread so far is having the launderette all to yourself on embarkation day the second week. Just bring enough clothes for one week, and then do your laundry on embarkation day of the second week. You will have the launderette all to yourself.

Another thing I like about B2Bs is that most passengers have their swimsuits packed in their suitcase... which doesn't arrive to their cabin until well past 3PM on embarkation day. So, the swimming pools and jacuzzis are pretty much empty from 11 AM until the safety briefing on embarkation day the second week. You, of course, have been there for a week so you've already got all your stuff -- including your swimsuit -- so you can enjoy the swimming pool or the jacuzzis that afternoon without any crowding.

We have done several B2Bs .... we have also done a B2B and then spent the night and gotten on another ship for an 8 day down to Panama....and we have gotten off of one ship and boarded another ship the same day...

there are lots of variables you can use....and they are all FUN !!

We are doing our first (almost) back to back cruise this fall. Booked a 5 day on the Ecstasy and then sailing on the on the Dream. Unfortunately we have a couple of days in between. Decided we will spend those days lounging on Cocoa Beach, so that should not be too bad! Didn't really want to get back on the Ecstasy for Nassau (will probably stay on board) & Freeport (again.....). I am soooo excited to go on the Dream. Have only done the smaller ships in past.

In September of 1995 I did a modified back to back out of San Pedro, CA. The first cruise was a 7 day Mexican Riviera sailing on the Jubilee (Sunday to Sunday). I spent Sunday night at a hotel down the street from the cruise terminal (across from the shopping village). On Monday I boarded the Holiday for the 4 day (Monday through Friday) cruise that went to Catalina and Ensenada.

Archived