Leaving in 6 hours for our Carnival cruise -what do you think about the night before?

Does anyone else stay up late on the nights when they have to get up at 3 am to catch a 6 am flight?

I have everything *almost*packed, had it packed, but bought two bottles of wine to bring and that means my suitcase (checked baggage) needs to be redone with the carryon.

AND I'm thinking that YAY the cruise is almost here, but BOO in a week and a day it will be over.

What sorts of things do you think of the night before you leave for a cruise?

I think and re-think about if I'm forgetting to pack something,I stress out about having all the proper paperwork and passports together and I panic that I will sleep through my alarm and miss my flight! after all that worrying I am thoroughly ready for the vacation to start.

Try to relax! and most importantly ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!

We drive down the day before the cruise and I have everything packed of mine by 5 PM so I can get a good night's sleep. Now hubby? He is a part time charter bus driver and both last cruise and the one in 24 days he has had a trip ending late the night before we leave. He gets to repack his suitcase and sleeps pretty good while I drive down. Last time we also did The Jungle Cruise which we enjoyed. Gave us a very relaxing trip up the New River and a great meal. Since I just had a knee replacement we will have to stop along the way more often (I usually like to just get in and drive a full tank of gas, about 400+ miles) so we are not planning anything. Will be staying in Plantation for a quick trip to the port.

"t having all the proper paperwork and passports"

Got a chuckle on that statement. Upon returning from a trip I put our passports in the little safe. Last week hubby starts looking around frantically and when I ask him for what he says "the passports". Told him to check the safe as they are right where I put them. I keep a cruise notebook which has all the other papers, including a copy of the passports, which I sit on top of my suitcase ready to go.

I am usually frantic about the others sailing with me (I have my routine, everything packed and in the car the afternoon before so I am at ease with my "stuff") ...do they have their docs/passport/papers/letters for the kids, etc. Will everyone make it to the port? Will all the luggage make it to the port?

Hope you get to relax and have a great cruise.

12:19 and the alarm goes off at 3. (yawn). Suitcase closed, was 55.8 pounds. Moved 2 bottles wine to hubby's suitcase and some misc. to mine and took some coat hangers out and mine is now 49.8. Good enough. I'm off to my 2.5 hour nap now.

I'll do a review when I get home. Carnival Liberty here I come!

Via Colorado Springs to Denver to Charlotte to Miami

Night spent at Hyatt Place Miami and then Liberty.

Cozumel (Mr. Sanchos- Romantic Day on the Beach (cabana and massage) , Belieze (Xunantunich - Island Marketing), Roatan (Victor Bodden's Zip & Dip), Grand Cayman (Captain Marvin's Stingray City and Snorkel 2 stop, not sure where we'll eat lunch).

And a CC meet & greet Sunday lunch.

I can't wait! A year in the planning and a week on board, how fair is that? <grin>.

Will I get a ship on a stick?

Will DH like the cruise? (I gave it to him "paid in full" for Christmas) - yes he'll like it, but still... can't wait till we're on it

Steakhouse the first night (free bottle of wine - thanks' CC for giving me all the tips)

Ocean Suite - splurged for our 25th.

Looking forward to piano bar, coffee on the balcony in the morning, wine on the balcony in the evening

new friends, new fun, new ports.

Two weeks from today I will be in the exact same boat! Also headed to the Liberty! I am a late night packer too and with everything on my plate between now and then AND the fact that it is our first family cruise and first cruise for DH and my step kids I don't see that changing for this trip! We are driving down so no flight to catch but we are staying with family Friday night and need to get in by dinner time. If we can make it through loading the van without killing each other we will have a great trip!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The night before the vacation starts, I think of two things:

1) I'm going on a cruise, how exciting is that!!!

2) I'm also stressing about getting to the airport, hoping their isn't going to be a storm of some sort or plane mechanical issues, hoping the water pipes don't freeze during the night, being able to make connections, etc. Being from Minnesota, and the fact we generally cruise in January, the likelihood of a storm or very cold weather in the day or two before or after our vacation is to start tends to be pretty high. It definitely adds a level of stress to the vacation, but yet we keep doing it.

12:19 and the alarm goes off at 3. (yawn). Suitcase closed, was 55.8 pounds. Moved 2 bottles wine to hubby's suitcase and some misc. to mine and took some coat hangers out and mine is now 49.8. Good enough. I'm off to my 2.5 hour nap now.

Cozumel (Mr. Sanchos- Romantic Day on the Beach (cabana and massage) , Belieze (Xunantunich - Island Marketing), Roatan (Victor Bodden's Zip & Dip), Grand Cayman (Captain Marvin's Stingray City and Snorkel 2 stop, not sure where we'll eat lunch).

I can't wait! A year in the planning and a week on board, how fair is that? <grin>.

Will DH like the cruise? (I gave it to him "paid in full" for Christmas) - yes he'll like it, but still... can't wait till we're on it

Steakhouse the first night (free bottle of wine - thanks' CC for giving me all the tips)

Looking forward to piano bar, coffee on the balcony in the morning, wine on the balcony in the evening

Sounds fabulous!! Enjoy the R&R once you're on the ship.

Does anyone else stay up late on the nights when they have to get up at 3 am to catch a 6 am flight?

I have everything *almost*packed, had it packed, but bought two bottles of wine to bring and that means my suitcase (checked baggage) needs to be redone with the carryon.

AND I'm thinking that YAY the cruise is almost here, but BOO in a week and a day it will be over.

Our frist cruise car service was picking us up at 3am. And it was the Monday of SuperBowl weekend. The Pats beat the Panthers I might have slept an hour that night.

I'm thinking, "I hope my alarm goes off in the morning!" LOL

Happy cruising!

I make sure I physically look at all documents before starting the car. Other than that, since we drive, I alert my family/friends between here and there that should I have a problem, I may call them at an odd hour. I usually leave super early so I would have enough time to get part of the way home or meet someone if I forgot something and still make it to the ship on time.

<grin>.

At least the snow storm today is cooperating as it isn't suppose to hit the front range until late today -- well after you are out of Colorado Spings and Denver.

Have fun! Enjoyyy:D

Archived