Leaving in 6 hours for our Carnival cruise -what do you think about the night before?

Does anyone else stay up late on the nights when they have to get up at 3 am to catch a 6 am flight?

I have everything *almost*packed, had it packed, but bought two bottles of wine to bring and that means my suitcase (checked baggage) needs to be redone with the carryon.

AND I'm thinking that YAY the cruise is almost here, but BOO in a week and a day it will be over.

What sorts of things do you think of the night before you leave for a cruise?

My hubby and I haven't had to fly to any ports yet as we have cruised out of New Orleans mostly, which is an hour away, cruised out of Galveston which is only 4 hours, and out of Mobile, Ala. when they had a port......

............................................BUT.....................................................................

the night before our cruise we can hardly sleep from all the excitement!!! After 15 Carnival and 1 Norwegian, we are still like little kids at Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

We do TRY to rest, but usually wind up tossing and turning, so we get up, shower, turn on some good CRUISE-TYPE music. and get in the mood for the fun we will be having shortly.......Heck, it's fun just waiting for the fun!!!!!! :D:D:D

My hubby and I haven't had to fly to any ports yet as we have cruised out of New Orleans mostly, which is an hour away, cruised out of Galveston which is only 4 hours, and out of Mobile, Ala. when they had a port......

............................................BUT.....................................................................

the night before our cruise we can hardly sleep from all the excitement!!! After 15 Carnival and 1 Norwegian, we are still like little kids at Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

We do TRY to rest, but usually wind up tossing and turning, so we get up, shower, turn on some good CRUISE-TYPE music. and get in the mood for the fun we will be having shortly.......Heck, it's fun just waiting for the fun!!!!!! :D:D:D

You are so right cattipillar! The anticipation is half the fun of cruising, and the night before the cruise just ramps that up a notch. I also think having a night-before-the-cruise routine is fun. We always have the same take-out dinner, finish up last minute packing, and weigh the suitcases.

Cozumel (Mr. Sanchos- Romantic Day on the Beach (cabana and massage)

Ooo, we did this on the last trip to Cozumel. :D Loved the massage although it was only 30 minutes. Even hubby enjoyed that part. The cabana was to die for and I dozed there because I'm not a water person.

Im redundantly organized which allows me to be pretty relaxed the night before. I have a rule. No trip related errands the day before we leave. Its got to be done sooner than that. This really helps me to be able to relax and enjoy the anticipation and arrive alot less tired :o

Im redundantly organized which allows me to be pretty relaxed the night before. I have a rule. No trip related errands the day before we leave. Its got to be done sooner than that. This really helps me to be able to relax and enjoy the anticipation and arrive alot less tired :o

I'm still trying to master this tip. It would be so much easier if DH was better organized............... Oh well, the stress is worth the privilege of being able to cruise. :)

We are extremely organized so everything is packed, checked and double checked 3 days before we leave for a cruise. The night before I think about how much fun we are going to have....we don't get much sleep due to the anticipation, but we drive to the port the day before the cruise leaves so we are pretty fortunate to not worry about flights.

We were supose to be on the Triumph on 4/22/13 cancelled, now we are on Elation 4/1/12. We had less than 5 weeks before we leave now alittle over a week, so now we are in speed up mode to get packed get everything together. Had it planned for Galveston now replan for New Orleans. The only real problem is getting DW on ship, because she just loves NOLA. But we will make it, If we forget anything, we probaly didn't need it anyway. Happy Crusing.

Does anyone else stay up late on the nights when they have to get up at 3 am to catch a 6 am flight?

I have everything *almost*packed, had it packed, but bought two bottles of wine to bring and that means my suitcase (checked baggage) needs to be redone with the carryon.

AND I'm thinking that YAY the cruise is almost here, but BOO in a week and a day it will be over.

We are cruising on Carnival Liberty in two weeks. I also have a 6:00 am flight:eek: but we are spending the night before the cruise

in Maimi Will probably be fretting over packing until midnight then sleep until 3:00am. Once im Miami I hope to be able to relax a bit!:o:cool:

I'm an early riser and generally a long drive down the day before helps to tire me out the night before, but I'm up pacing the floor ready to go by 5:30AM!:eek: Our first Dream cruise, I was up and about and watched the Dream slip all the way down the channel to the berth from our hotel window.

Nice question! I always have everything covered by the night before (someone to watch the dogs, the house, etc.) so normally I just relax and look over the travel documents one more time so that I don'r have to fumble with them so much when we are on the move.

We normally fly out early, so we have to leave for the airport at about 4:00, my wife is up well before that. So our new tradition is I get up with her and while she gets ready I grill some steaks and we have steak and eggs before leaving for the airport!

And that is what I p[lan to do in 26 days, right before we leave for the BREEZE!:D

We used to take early flights, but besides all of the missed flight possibilities, I simply don't want to be that tired on my first day of vacation, so we fly in the day before and it's just so much better. However, I do realize that may not work for everyone, so when we used to get up early, I would go to bed no later than 11pm, so I would get 4 hours sleep.

At least the snow storm today is cooperating as it isn't suppose to hit the front range until late today -- well after you are out of Colorado Spings and Denver.

Just wishing you a bon voyage..so nice to have the suite and your anniversary. These are my thoughts, knock on wood we have had a much better winter than many this year. You will be out before the storm.

I am close to airport but if it is a huge dump need a better ride than my car.

I hate bothering my family for a 4 wheel drive there. I love leaving my car ,,,getting it unburied and trusting the antifreeze when i get back...

I have never left alone in a way below zero stint where can not leave my car since back in MT..rarely take a cab...even though so close...for a while yet...airport parking is less money...for a week to 10 days...

Try as I might...I am up late packing...at some point around 80 and still traveling I pray I will overcome this.

Hope you took the boa...so great...Sarah

I'm awful...and a procrastinator... so I normally pull an all-nighter the night before I go anywhere. Stupid! And now that I am getting older, I can't handle functioning on no sleep like I used to!

And other than hurrying up to pack and clean the house...I'm thinking "WHY DIDN'T I LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE THIS TRIP???" and "WHY DIDN'T I SAVE MORE MONEY FOR THIS TRIP???" :rolleyes:

BUT...for this upcoming cruise...I have 78 days to get it done and I have PROMISED myself that I will be ready by Saturday at 6pm to leave early Sunday morning... Wish me luck!!!

I'll have everything packed early and ready to go. My problem is that I need to have my house spotless before I go. I need to come home to a clean house. I won't get to bed until late because I'm cleaning. Now, why don't I start and clean earlier? I have no idea either. :)

I'm awful...and a procrastinator... so I normally pull an all-nighter the night before I go anywhere. Stupid! And now that I am getting older, I can't handle functioning on no sleep like I used to!

And other than hurrying up to pack and clean the house...I'm thinking "WHY DIDN'T I LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE THIS TRIP???" and "WHY DIDN'T I SAVE MORE MONEY FOR THIS TRIP???" :rolleyes:

BUT...for this upcoming cruise...I have 78 days to get it done and I have PROMISED myself that I will be ready by Saturday at 6pm to leave early Sunday morning... Wish me luck!!!

Good luck..we will both improve...LOL...Sarah

I'll have everything packed early and ready to go. My problem is that I need to have my house spotless before I go. I need to come home to a clean house. I won't get to bed until late because I'm cleaning. Now, why don't I start and clean earlier? I have no idea either. :)

This was a great question and there are lots of fun answers!

Cancian, like you, I used to want the spotless house too since I have a housesitter for the animals. This time, I did it a bit differently. I had a tidy house but not so clean...no dusting, vacuuming and washing floor like I used to. It was so much easier on me and...I am retired now so I didn't mind cleaning at my leisure whe we got back after doing a truckload of laundry. It was much easier on me . I used to be a last minute packer but this is also changing. I have no excuse now since I am retired. The night before, I can relax and watch a ship movie...DH likes to watch The Titanic or The Poseidon... he forgot to do that this time, though! Old age has it's advantages...

Boa, I hope you are enjoying your cruise and will write a review when you get back.

The night before the cruise I am relaxing in a hotel near the port!

Archived