Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Anyone with info on 8007 on the Journey?

Jolly Joyce, have noted your comments on 8001, do you think the same problems could be encountered in 8007?

Thanks!

Brenda

Brenda, I honestly can't say....but it was only in the mornings when folks were jogging and using the gym at silly o' clock!!! I think it is caused because there is no one around the ship at that time of day to absorb the noise so it kind of echoes around the ship.

The rest of the time was fine and the cabin itself was great.

I see you were on the same cruise as U.S...Mumbai to Athens 2014.

You will enjoy this cruise too regardless of the cabin!

Joyce

Brenda, I honestly can't say....but it was only in the mornings when folks were jogging and using the gym at silly o' clock!!! I think it is caused because there is no one around the ship at that time of day to absorb the noise so it kind of echoes around the ship.

The rest of the time was fine and the cabin itself was great.

I see you were on the same cruise as U.S...Mumbai to Athens 2014.

You will enjoy this cruise too regardless of the cabin!

Joyce

Thanks, Joyce! And yes, we were on the Golden Triangle tour then the Journey to Athens. We all had a bit to say about the Indian tour in advance, I'm sure you recall, but it all worked out in the end.

Going to check if there are other cabins available but if we book 8007, I suppose if people jogging woke us up early, we could always join them...:D

Apologies it took so long!

It might be easier if people posted queries about specific cabins on new threads so its easy to find all the feedback on rooms quickly.

Interestingly like food cabins are becoming subjective so love a particular cabin that others hate!!!

Azamara cabin spreadsheet 090915.pdf

It might be easier if people posted queries about specific cabins on new threads so its easy to find all the feedback on rooms quickly.

Interestingly like food cabins are becoming subjective so love a particular cabin that others hate!!!

Thanks Ann:cool:

Phil

Thank you Ann for your hard work on this. It is an invaluable tool for folks wanting info re cabins.

We are all different and it is subjective but we do all get the different views and respect them.

Joyce

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number 7068 - Inside

Ship Azamara Journey

Month/Year sailed; August 2015

Would you choose this room again Y/N--Y

Is noise an issue Y/N—Y

We had this exact cabin on Oceania Nautica last year, and were pleasantly surprised that there was not even a whisper of noise from the laundry, which this cabin backs onto. Therefore we booked 7068 again for Azamara Journey, which is the same layout. The first thing we noticed when we entered the cabin on this cruise was the noise of "thumping" from the washers/driers in the laundry, plus the noise of people in the laundry talking. However, due to the curfew on the hours of operation of the laundry (though this was not always observed) the noise was not really a big issue to us, as we were not in the cabin much during the day when it was noisiest. We would therefore book the cabin again, as we like the convenient position, and are quite happy with inside cabins, preferring to spend on other things.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone knew if the dividers on the balcony can be opened as we have three cabins in a row and wanted to be able to expand the balcony area so we can enjoy each other's company in the evening by having drinks out there?

I was wondering if anyone knew if the dividers on the balcony can be opened as we have three cabins in a row and wanted to be able to expand the balcony area so we can enjoy each other's company in the evening by having drinks out there?

We had to balcony cabins next to each other on the journey in June. We had the dividers opened all the time until about the third day when our steward told us they must be shut when in open seas due to safety reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin number: 7042 V2

Ship: Journey

Month/Year: February 2015

Would you choose this room again: Yes

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: very great location (midship) and close to the popular service door (in front the 7040) but I never heard any noise.

Sail Date: Oct 11, 2015

Cabin: 7005

Noise was no problem.

Service was excellent and friends had their breakfast delivered to our cabin the same time that we did.

This was a forward cabin and was no problem at all riding the waves. Of course we were not tested with 15 foot waves. I had some concerns that this cabin might not ride as well as the one in the stern, but it did very well. I love that fact that I could go on the small veranda and get the same view as the bridge which was just above us.

Dr.Joe

Considering 1st cruise on Azamara. Have seen some reviews that state the bathroom is not that big. My question is Can you pick the bar of soap up if you drop it in the shower without having to open the shower cubicle door? I am over 6ft tall and 16st. Would be a balcony stateroom.

Considering 1st cruise on Azamara. Have seen some reviews that state the bathroom is not that big. My question is Can you pick the bar of soap up if you drop it in the shower without having to open the shower cubicle door? I am over 6ft tall and 16st. Would be a balcony stateroom.

The showers have curtains...no doors.

Cabin Number: 8071

Month/Year: 10/2015

Would you Choose Again: Yes

Is Noise an Issue: No

Balcony Size: Larger in Length

Comments: This is an N2 and thus larger than normal verandah stateroom. There was a rattling wall mirror on first night as ship sailed at higher than normal speed. But, even though below Windows Cafe, noise was not a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

We had an adjoining room with my parents on one cruise and I recall being told, "the dividers must remain closed". After that, I made sure to close it before we left the rooms. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 6'5" and have no problem picking up soap in the veranda stateroom shower. The shower curtain is not an issue for me, either.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

January 2016 on the Quest cruise to Australia and NZ. Had Club Continent Suite 8068 - port side towards the stern.

Head of the bed placed towards front. Pull out sofa bed had extra foam placed on top of the mattress - fine but not great.

Balcony had 3 chairs and a small table.

Would I stay in this cabin again?

No. Two nights we had terrible vibrations while underway. The ship was rolling side to side due to the swell but on top of it was awful shuddering of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Axita1,

We stayed in 4019 on our 1st Azamara cruise 4 years ago as a guarantee cabin.

It was very central to everything & for disembarking for tours etc .

It is an adjoining cabin & we only heard voices from next door on one occasion in the 14 nights we were on board . It is above gangway & tenders & we were woken at 5am once , which was a really juddering noise & very loud , think it was a tender being lowered . Although we had about six days that we tendered we weren't disturbed again & any noise we did hear was at a more reasonable time when we were up & preparing for excursions .

Hope this helps . Ann.

Hi Axita1,

We stayed in 4019 on our 1st Azamara cruise 4 years ago as a guarantee cabin.

It was very central to everything & for disembarking for tours etc .

It is an adjoining cabin & we only heard voices from next door on one occasion in the 14 nights we were on board . It is above gangway & tenders & we were woken at 5am once , which was a really juddering noise & very loud , think it was a tender being lowered . Although we had about six days that we tendered we weren't disturbed again & any noise we did hear was at a more reasonable time when we were up & preparing for excursions .

Hope this helps . Ann.

Hi Ann, thank you for your reply. In your opinion how long will it take us to be on shore (port) after taking the tenders?