Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

4 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Anyone been in cabin # 8046--N-1--on the Journey?  I am trying to pack for our cruise and wonder how many drawers are in the dresser? Is there enough closet space? 

Thank you,

Evelyn

I don't think you will have an issue There is drawers on the dressing table. A draw either side of the bed in the bedside tables. From Memory about 3 drawers and 2 shelves in the Wardrobe and plenty of hanging space.

17 minutes ago, sollan said:

Hi! I can't download the spreadsheet on page 23. It's not to be found? Please help me, I'm looking for info about cabin 7121 on Pursuit (or cabins in the same location - aft).

Thanks in advance!

I just tried it and could download it OK on my IPad in Safari. Here’s the link again https://s3.amazonaws.com/ips-cic-filestore/j283755/monthly_2018_10/667506614_Azamaracabinspreadsheet261018_pdf.2e70a735f58d99fa150f49a8392cae50?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAI3TJTOYHZJGUGHPA/20190318/us-east-1/s3/aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20190318T080607Z&X-Amz-Expires=1200&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=attachment; filename*=UTF-8''667506614_Azamaracabinspreadsheet261018.pdf&response-content-type=application/pdf;charset=UTF-8&X-Amz-Signature=9b4d4fd3d5a1be511134f18719cd429c0283f8ec0f584001cedc22e220a87c0b

Cabin 7021 on any ship isn’t mentioned, but others close to it are, but few from the Pursuit.  The comments section of the spreadsheet has not yet been re-attached to the other section ( it somehow got separated when CC went onto its new platform)

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

• 1 month later...

Cabin Number: 8039

Ship: Pursuit

Month/Year sailed: April 2019

Would you choose this room again Y/N: Yes

Is noise an issue Y/N: N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller: Larger

Any other comments: Boise was not an issue for us but it could be for some, specially if you go to bed early the night of the white party.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number  -  7045

Ship   -  Azamara Journey

Month/Year sailed  -   April 2019

Would you choose this room again - Yes

Is noise an issue - No

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - Normal 

Any other comments: has the loveseat, plenty of drawers and closet space

Cabin number - 7096

Ship -Azamara Quest

Month /Year  - April 2019

Would you choose this room again- Yes

Is noise an issue - No

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - Normal

Any other comments: Convenient to elevators, Windows and Discovery restaurants 

We have cabin 7117 on the Quest. This is the last cabin on the starboard side. I know this has a smaller balcony because of ship slant. Does anyone have a picture of cabin 7117 or 7112 ? I am hoping it is big enough for two people to enjoy the view. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've looked at the pictures and have a question. I love the aft cabins but it looks to me like the aft cabins on Pursuit have a metal thing across the balcony. So you don't get the view? The side verandas look like they have glass across the balcony. Have never sailed on Azamara and plan to go in Jan, 2020 to Antarctica but am unsure as to what to book. I really love aft cabins but not if I can't see the view. Can anyone shed some light on this for this poor uneducated traveler??!!  Thanks so much!

Sue

Cabin Number  -  7116

Ship   -  Azamara Journey

Month/Year sailed  -   May 2019

Would you choose this room again - Yes

Is noise an issue - No

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - Larger because it's aft

Any other comments: I loved this cabin, but there are a few issues that might be a problem for others.  You do get some soot from the stacks, but nothing dramatic.  I simply wiped down the table and chairs.  Also, often when we were docking/manuvering I did feel vibrations.  It did wake me up, but I generally took it as an opportunity to get good sunrise photos!  And finally, the balcony is metal, not glass so when seated the view is blocked.  For me, this was fine as I prefer the larger space and the more open views.

22 hours ago, bjbear said:

Hi, I've looked at the pictures and have a question. I love the aft cabins but it looks to me like the aft cabins on Pursuit have a metal thing across the balcony. So you don't get the view? The side verandas look like they have glass across the balcony. Have never sailed on Azamara and plan to go in Jan, 2020 to Antarctica but am unsure as to what to book. I really love aft cabins but not if I can't see the view. Can anyone shed some light on this for this poor uneducated traveler??!!  Thanks so much!

Sue

Sue,

See my post immediately above, I am assuming Pursuit cabins are the same as I was on Journey. The view is blocked when you're seated, so you have to decided if that is problem.

Enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, mchell810 said:

Sue,

See my post immediately above, I am assuming Pursuit cabins are the same as I was on Journey. The view is blocked when you're seated, so you have to decided if that is problem.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much for your response, Michelle. I don't mind the soot but love to sit out on the balcony and view the sights, etc. so I'll probably go for a side balcony.  I don't want to stand the whole time out there.

Thanks, Sue

• Like 1

We're looking at a category 8 obstructed view on Quest. The layout of these cabins is different from most as the window must be in a side wall. Can anyone tell me where I can see a layout plan or photo? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number: 4049 HC

Ship: Journey

Date: Aug/sept 2018

Would you choose again? Yes

Is noise an issue? No can hear a bit of noise at times when security is near.  Overnight stay was not a problem, and I’m easy to wake up!

Balcony size: none

Comment:  Door opener not working, can be a good thing.  No mirror over desk. No way to plug 120v hairdryer Near mirror.  Raise toilet is nice.  No storage in bathroom. 

I see that others have posted about this stateroom but not in a while: 

Cabin Number:  8063

Ship: Quest - May/June 2019

Would you choose again:  Yes

Is noise an issue?  For some it would be.  There is noise in the early morning and late night - sounds of rolling things, chairs moving, etc as preparations and clean up is happening above.     Considering how much work is being done above, they are clearly working to minimize the disturbance.      We were not bothered by it.

Balcony Size:   3 chairs, 1 table.  Lovely. 
Comment;  Bathtub in Bathroom.   Lots of drawer space and closet space in room,.   Chair can become a pull out bed for third bed.  Close to Aft stairs/elevators but not so close as to hear the noise - easy access to Windows and the 7th floor laundry.  

Cabin Number: 7042

Ship: Pursuit

Month/Year sailed: June 2019

Would you choose this room again: yes

Is noise an issue: no noise. Very quite cabin

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments:very good location and fantastic housekeepers

Stateroom # 8044

Date: May/June 2019

Choose Again? Yes

Is Noise An Issue: Very Occasionally From Deck Above. Not Really Any Problem

Balcony Size: Larger, Room For Three Chairs

Choose Again? In A Heartbeat 

Cabin 7005

Date: October 2015

Choose Again: yes-Liked it better than 6088

Noise: None

Balcony Size: Table and chairs and lounge

Choose Again: Yes--My cabin of preference.

We'll be on Journey this Summer, in a V2 Veranda cabin. Four nights on land and 16 nights on board.

It appears the two of us will be packing in three checked-bag-size suitcases and two overhead-rack-size suitcases (I know we should travel lighter, but what can I say).

Is there room to store these five pieces in the cabin after we empty them? They don't fit one within the other.

Thanks!