Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin Number  -  4045

Ship   -  Azamara Quest

Month/Year sailed  -   March 2019

Would you choose this room again - yes

Is noise an issue - No

Any other comments: Convenient to Guest Services, Tender, Mosaic. We have used a similar location on several Azamara sailings and like it. I would happily continue to stay in this area, but for recent bookings my husband has insisted we move up to a verandah stateroom!

Cabin Number - 6048

Ship - Azamara Pursuit

Month/Year Sailed - August 2019

Would you choose this room again - yes

Is noise an issue - Not for us, but in certain windy conditions there was a small rattle, which may annoy people sensitive  to even slight noise. 

Any other comments: Convenient position and would happily book again. 

Cabin Number:  6093

Ship: Pursuit

Date: Sept 21 to Oct.5, 2019

Would you choose again: No

Is Noise an Issue? Yes. When the ship was travelling fairly quickly there was engine vibration which translated into numerous rattles etc.

Balcony Size: Larger than that of a regular verandah

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin number: 4040 (Oceanview)

Date of travel: 12-19 October 2019

Any Noise?: No noise at all

Would you choose again: NO, but only because the dark grey decor make the room so gloomy that we needed the lights on all the time. Also, the air con cannot be turned off (or balcony door open to let in some natural fresh air as it is an ocean view room) resulted in sore, dry throats for us, which spoilt the holiday rather. In the past have been happy with oceanview rooms on deck 4 on Quest and Journey but they were lighter in decor and the air con has not been as fierce. 

• Like 1

Cabin Number-  6026

Ship-  Azamara Quest

Month/Year sailed -   September 2019 – 2 cruises B2B

Would you choose this room again- Yes

Is noise an issue- No

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller- Normal

Any other comments: This cabin has a connecting door to 6024 but we did not find that this was an issue. There was occasionally a little muffled noise from the cabin next door but may have been the same even without the connecting door. There is curved slightly smaller sofa in the room instead of the normal one, we found this fine for us but if you are on the larger size it maybe a little cosy. This cabin is very close to the lifts and stairs so it is easy to get around.

On 10/21/2019 at 2:02 AM, Literary Lynne said:

Cabin number: 4040 (Oceanview)

Date of travel: 12-19 October 2019

Any Noise?: No noise at all

Would you choose again: NO, but only because the dark grey decor make the room so gloomy that we needed the lights on all the time. Also, the air con cannot be turned off (or balcony door open to let in some natural fresh air as it is an ocean view room) resulted in sore, dry throats for us, which spoilt the holiday rather. In the past have been happy with oceanview rooms on deck 4 on Quest and Journey but they were lighter in decor and the air con has not been as fierce. 

Hi Literary Lynne, I'm so sorry you were unhappy with your cabin! I checked with the Hotel Director and he tells me you didn't log a complaint about the cabin or request help with fixing the A/C. I wish you had. We don't want you to be uncomfortable.

I do hope you'll sail again with us, and help us help you enjoy your accommodations. 

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Literary Lynne, I'm so sorry you were unhappy with your cabin! I checked with the Hotel Director and he tells me you didn't log a complaint about the cabin or request help with fixing the A/C. I wish you had. We don't want you to be uncomfortable.

I do hope you'll sail again with us, and help us help you enjoy your accommodations. 

Dear Bonnie, sorry to contact you via this channel. I'm bidding via PlusGrade since

August 3rd for an upgrade on the upcoming Azamara Journey sailing of November 5th

(transatlantic Barcelona to Miami ). Since almost 3 months I'm waiting patiently for

some feedback. Do you have an idea at what moment I may expect an answer.

With thousand thanks for your reply 

Jan Deconinck - Boofref 9506838

1 hour ago, jandec said:

Dear Bonnie, sorry to contact you via this channel. I'm bidding via PlusGrade since

August 3rd for an upgrade on the upcoming Azamara Journey sailing of November 5th

(transatlantic Barcelona to Miami ). Since almost 3 months I'm waiting patiently for

Someone on the roll call said she spoke with LCV and was told there would be no upgrades on this sailing.  You may want to check with them.

4 hours ago, jandec said:

Here are the possible scenarios:

1. If you have a winning bid, you will get an email anywhere from 60 days - 3 days prior to departure.  That email will include your new stateroom number.
  2. If your bid is unsuccessful, you will get an email 3 days prior to departure stating unsuccessful.

Cabin Number  - 8057 CC Suite

Ship   -  Azamara Quest

Month/Year sailed  -   October 2019

Would you choose this room again - upgrade bid - did not choose was allocated for winning bid

Is noise an issue - At 9:30 every night, chairs are moved above in pool area.  If you are in the room at that time, it might bother you.  All other times, it's fine.

Any other comments: Great Central location near elevators and stairs and dining on one side and entertainment on the other are both easy walks.  Closest to Windows buffet.  Walk in shower with no tub, but that's what we prefer.  We normally book verandas, but would be more than happy for an upgrade to this suite, especially considering upgrade payment amount.  

On 10/24/2019 at 11:55 AM, uktog said:

I have updated the spreadsheet with all the summer entires and grateful thanks to all who have given their comments

Azamara cabin spreadsheet Oct 19.pdf 275.68 kB · 26 downloads

Could you please post a link to the excel spreadsheet as well? It’s so much easier to sort/select data from a spreadsheet than from a PDF-file.

Cabin #7030, midship balcony opposite forward elevators

Azamara Journey October 10 and 19, cruises b2b

Would you choose again?  No,  too noisy in early morning, doors banging and people talking.

balcony size  normal

Feedback regards our cabin on our recent cruise:-

Cabin Number-  7016 Balcony Cabin

Ship-  Azamara Pursuit

Month/Year sailed -  October 2019 

Would you choose this room again- As an upgrade on a cruise when we were in port everyday, the cabin was excellent, but would not choose a cabin so far forward normally.

Noise an issue- No, very quiet room

We would not risk an upgrade if we felt bad seas may impact our cruise, but we really did enjoy the balcony on this one - especially having room service breakfast there as sailing in to some ports. 

One thing that was very bad about our cabin (and may well be the same Azamara wide) is that the pillows were really awful.  They are all fluffy up, but if you put your head on them they just collapse and give no support whatsoever for your head.  I had an extremely bad neck when on board and am sure the pillows were at least in part the fault for this.  I took to using my dressing gown folded up as a pillow to give me some relief from the pain.  If we went on another Azamara cruise we would take pillows/cushions with us to use, probably by buying some at our port of departure and leaving them on the ship, if it is a fly cruise.  The cost would be small compared to that of the cruise and well worth while.  My neck is still painful now at times and I have sought treatment form a local Physiotherapist.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, tring said:

One thing that was very bad about our cabin (and may well be the same Azamara wide) is that the pillows were really awful.  

I think this is unfair and could mislead others into needlessly schlepping pillows through airports.  I'm sorry the pillows didn't work for you but I find them to be just about perfect.  And there have been several recent postings here asking for information from the pillows' label in order to purchase the pillows in the marketplace, so I don't think those posters found the pillows to be "awful."

There's a reason pillows are labeled as intended for back-sleepers or side-sleepers or stomach-sleepers.  What works for one kind of sleeper is likely not going to work for another.  What did the chief housekeeper say when you asked if there were another style of pillow that might work better for you?

1 hour ago, tring said:

Feedback regards our cabin on our recent cruise:-

Cabin Number-  7016 Balcony Cabin

Ship-  Azamara Pursuit

Month/Year sailed -  October 2019 

Would you choose this room again- As an upgrade on a cruise when we were in port everyday, the cabin was excellent, but would not choose a cabin so far forward normally.

Noise an issue- No, very quiet room

We would not risk an upgrade if we felt bad seas may impact our cruise, but we really did enjoy the balcony on this one - especially having room service breakfast there as sailing in to some ports. 

One thing that was very bad about our cabin (and may well be the same Azamara wide) is that the pillows were really awful.  They are all fluffy up, but if you put your head on them they just collapse and give no support whatsoever for your head.  I had an extremely bad neck when on board and am sure the pillows were at least in part the fault for this.  I took to using my dressing gown folded up as a pillow to give me some relief from the pain.  If we went on another Azamara cruise we would take pillows/cushions with us to use, probably by buying some at our port of departure and leaving them on the ship, if it is a fly cruise.  The cost would be small compared to that of the cruise and well worth while.  My neck is still painful now at times and I have sought treatment form a local Physiotherapist.

Sorry I am too late to edit my post above, but I do need to make a correction.  I said it was a very quiet cabin but we did hear the thrusters as we were coming into port.  It was not a big problem at all and cabin was very quiet at all other times.  Looking along the ship, I think we were about four cabins behind the thrusters and on deck 7.

4 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

I think this is unfair and could mislead others into needlessly schlepping pillows through airports.  I'm sorry the pillows didn't work for you but I find them to be just about perfect.  And there have been several recent postings here asking for information from the pillows' label in order to purchase the pillows in the marketplace, so I don't think those posters found the pillows to be "awful."

There's a reason pillows are labeled as intended for back-sleepers or side-sleepers or stomach-sleepers.  What works for one kind of sleeper is likely not going to work for another.  What did the chief housekeeper say when you asked if there were another style of pillow that might work better for you?

I am another huge fan of both the Azamara beds and the pillows and have never slept as well as I have when on board!

29 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

OK I take your point and quite accept that views differ, however my husband, who is normally totally happy with any pillow, also found them a problem.  Also, as I was obviously in pain later in the week, comments had been made to me by other passengers and I mentioned the pillows to one person who also felt the pillows were a problem for the same reason.  I did not mention it to any other passengers.

I do, however, feel I have a right to give my opinion and I did not suggest that anyone else should do the same as we would for a future cruise.  I did mention what the pillows are like in that they look very fluffed up until pressure is out on them, when they collapsed, so everyone can make their own decision as to whether that would be a problem for them or if they are indeed something they would like to use.

I had mentioned the pillows to a couple of staff and no alternative was offered, so I assumed none were available.  I did not persist and treat it as a complaint though, but chose to do what I could with the dressing gown as I have mentioned previously.  It is possible that not all cabins/ships have the same pillows of course.

Perhaps Bonnie would be able to say if the same pillows are used fleet wide, or if there is in fact any alternative that I was not offered. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

We always ask our attendants for a specially shaped pillow for my Wife has soon has we board and have never failed to be given one, all you need to do is ask.

Thanks for that info.  It is useful to know they do have alternatives, but shame we were not offered something when I mentioned the problem.  Perhaps they were short of other types at the time.  I was given a third pillow, but it did not really alter the situation as I found I just sank further into them as the night went on, so the position constantly changed.  I had no sleep at all on my worst night. 

Anyway done now so too late to change the past.

Edited by tring

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I am another huge fan of both the Azamara beds and the pillows and have never slept as well as I have when on board!

I totally agree.  I sleep like a baby on Azamara.  Also, I have problems with swelling of my one foot while on board and I usually have to elevate my leg and the pillows do not sink whatsoever. 

I've never heard anyone else complain about the pillows. 

3 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks for that info.  It is useful to know they do have alternatives, but shame we were not offered something when I mentioned the problem.  Perhaps they were short of other types at the time.  I was given a third pillow, but it did not really alter the situation as I found I just sank further into them as the night went on, so the position constantly changed.  I had no sleep at all on my worst night. 

Anyway done now so too late to change the past.

Try asking for isotonic  pillows.  They work for me.

On 11/1/2019 at 5:41 PM, midwestchick said:

I totally agree.  I sleep like a baby on Azamara.  Also, I have problems with swelling of my one foot while on board and I usually have to elevate my leg and the pillows do not sink whatsoever. 

I've never heard anyone else complain about the pillows. 

If that was the case for you regards support for your leg, we clearly must have had totally different pillows.  There could be different ones used for different cabins as well as different ships, or perhaps Azamara are trying out new ones.

I am amazed that this response has happened.  I accept different people may want something different and may comment regards their preferences, but some posters seem to have a complete objection to the fact that I have commented in the first place, with some comments even implying that I am not telling the truth or have caused a problem by even mentioning it in the first place.  The pillows we had most certainly collapsed and I do not see how anyone who was not in our cabin could say otherwise.

As I said earlier, it would be useful if Bonnie would be able to say if the same pillows are used fleet wide, or if there is in fact any alternative that can be obtained if a member of staff is prepared to supply them.  That would clear up the matter.

• Like 2