Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Cabin:   6045

Ship:   Journey

Date:   16 Mar 2016

Choose Again:     NO!!!!

Noise:    Very Little

Balcony Size:    No Balcony, Ocean View Cabin

Cabin is too small.  No place to sit, no counter space to set things on.  Toiletry shelves in the bathroom are directly above the toilet.  No cup holder for drink glass in the bathroom - It could fall and break.  This cabin is truly dreadful and negatively impacted our cruise!

• 2 months later...

Any thoughts on cabins 7078 or 7085 on Pursuit?  We are looking at the Israel intensive cruise on 10-28-21 and unless I am missing something it looks like those are the only 2 veranda cabins available midship, but they are very close to the laundry and the elevators... would they be noisy?  The other available veranda cabins are either at the very aft or forward which we do not want.  Would our travel agent have access to other available cabins? We really like this itinerary so I guess we better get something booked soon!

7 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

Any thoughts on cabins 7078 or 7085 on Pursuit?  We are looking at the Israel intensive cruise on 10-28-21 and unless I am missing something it looks like those are the only 2 veranda cabins available midship, but they are very close to the laundry and the elevators... would they be noisy?  The other available veranda cabins are either at the very aft or forward which we do not want.  Would our travel agent have access to other available cabins? We really like this itinerary so I guess we better get something booked soon!

See the responses on your thread about this they will help you. If you look at the spreadsheet someone has posted about 7080 and highlighted no laundry issues.  7085 is even better as it’s on the other side of the ship. 

Edited by uktog

• 1 month later...

I did check out the cabin document and found no details on Quest OV 6004.   I am wondering since 6004 is connected to a Suite are the amenities any better than one floor up on 7006 which is not connected?  Since you pay more for these forward extended OV cabins is there a difference between decks?  Can I also assume that the noise from the anchor may be less one deck up? Currently holding 6004, should I request a move to 7006?

Sorry, can’t help, except to say that as far as I know the four extended cabins are the same. They’re a bit more expensive than other OV cabins because they are a lot larger, due to having the space where the balcony is on the next door cabin incorporated into the cabin. We’ve stayed in them and loved it - so much space!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 11:25 PM, Kari and David said:

I did check out the cabin document and found no details on Quest OV 6004.   I am wondering since 6004 is connected to a Suite are the amenities any better than one floor up on 7006 which is not connected?  Since you pay more for these forward extended OV cabins is there a difference between decks?  Can I also assume that the noise from the anchor may be less one deck up? Currently holding 6004, should I request a move to 7006?

Personally I'd move to deck 7. Better a floor up and no connecting door and potential sound issues.  No amenities advantage on 6.  I've stayed in 7007. Nice cabin. 

Phil 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Personally I'd move to deck 7. Better a floor up and no connecting door and potential sound issues.  No amenities advantage on 6.  I've stayed in 7007. Nice cabin. 

Phil 

thanks for the input, I did move to deck 7 before final payment

• Like 1

Booked our Azamara Journey Black Sea cruise for Jun 2022 then stumbled onto this blog!

Darn - I read all 32 pages and the spreadsheet.  Now I am concerned about our Verandah Plus Stateroom #8035 and the noise from above.  Should we change staterooms now while there is still availability?

1 hour ago, bobbyd6363 said:

Booked our Azamara Journey Black Sea cruise for Jun 2022 then stumbled onto this blog!

Darn - I read all 32 pages and the spreadsheet.  Now I am concerned about our Verandah Plus Stateroom #8035 and the noise from above.  Should we change staterooms now while there is still availability?

We  been on 4 Azamara cruises, all on deck 7. We recommend deck 7

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bobbyd6363 said:

I would if you can 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, uktog said:

I would if you can 

I don't see any Verandah Plus Staterooms available anywhere else except Deck 8

We are booked in Stateroom 8035.  Any suggestions among the Deck 8 Verandah Plus staterooms would be much appreciated

Edited by bobbyd6363

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, england swings said:

We are on Deck 6 for Feb 8th Cruise South Africa.  Why should we move to Deck 7.  Can you help?

Deck 7 is between cabin decks ie no public areas above or below and therefore less chance of noise.  Deck 7 is probably my favourite.  If you go onto the Azamara website and deckplans, select "download" and it's easier to line up the decks and see what is above or below you.  Use the stairwells as a guide to lining them up.

Phil

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Deck 7 is between cabin decks ie no public areas above or below and therefore less chance of noise.  Deck 7 is probably my favourite.  If you go onto the Azamara website and deckplans, select "download" and it's easier to line up the decks and see what is above or below you.  Use the stairwells as a guide to lining them up.

Phil

We have booked deck 7 cabins on all 4 Azamara cruises.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Grandma - the link doesn’t seem to be working.  

Try the one here

Azamara cabin spreadsheet Mar 19.pdf272.89 kB · 1,271 downloads

Here is the updated spreadsheet so far orientation etc seems to be ok

Edited March 19, 2019 by uktog