Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I have stayed in aft cabins on both 6 & 7 without “intolerable” engine noise. Love those aft cabins.

We have only been in aft cabins twice and in our latest experience, about two years ago on Pursuit, there were several days/nights out of 14 when the engine noise and vibration were quite distracting and consequently caused a fair bit of rattling in the stateroom. 

Of course, these were on long legs of the itinerary as the captain made certain we arrived at our next destination in a timely manner,

Thus, we would be guided by the itinerary. If there were a number of significant distances between ports, we would probably not choose that room location.

But I don’t think many of Azamara’s itineraries, if any at all, would present that problem.

• Like 3

We were in 7119 previously without any significant noise or vibration problem and have booked that suite again for our May 26 Greece cruise.  The ports are mostly very close to each other so I don't think we will have to run anywhere near maximum cruise speed on this itinerary.

• Like 2

We were on a transatlantic and trying to keep ahead of an approaching storm and. We were running at maximum speed and we had a lot of vibration in our aft CC suite ….this was a long time ago, but it was because of the speed and the seas.  I think our sound machine would help block out the noise, just not the vibration.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

We were on a transatlantic and trying to keep ahead of an approaching storm and. We were running at maximum speed and we had a lot of vibration in our aft CC suite ….this was a long time ago, but it was because of the speed and the seas.  I think our sound machine would help block out the noise, just not the vibration.  

That would be a lot different than doing a cruise where you are going from port to port each night i.e. Spain Intensive cruise.  

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 1:31 PM, AmerikanMatt said:

Can I ask why deck 8? We just booked a Suite on Quest and they chose Deck 6 for us as best-available but there were tons available on 8. They chose 6054 for us which is ADA accessible (which we don’t need) so we thought it might be a bit bigger? Thoughts on mid-ship deck 6 vs. 8? 

Thanks in advance!

We were on the Quest February 2020, the last cruise before Covid shut the world down.  We bid on an upgrade for a CC and were given 6056. (next to the cabin you were assigned) I wasn't happy at first, but it worked fine.  A couple of suggestions, the shower water does get the floor wet.  We asked for extra bath mats and towels and placed them next to the shower curtain while showering and that helped.

The auto door opener is next to the bathroom light switch.  I can't tell you how many times I pressed that thinking I was putting on the bathroom light..just so you are aware.

The desk is at a higher level I asked for cushions for the chair to raise me up.

I wouldn't choose this, but this is what we got on our upgrade bid.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Azamara Quest.   Cabin 8054.  Anyone getting tub/shower be aware that the shower is not for anyone who is tall.  I would say over 5' 8".    As stated in previous posts layout with large chair near balcony door is odd with table.   

46 minutes ago, boots2 said:

Just back from Azamara Quest.   Cabin 8054.  Anyone getting tub/shower be aware that the shower is not for anyone who is tall.  I would say over 5' 8".    As stated in previous posts layout with large chair near balcony door is odd with table.   

I’m 5’10” & my DH is 6’ and neither of us have had any problems with the shower.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, sollan said:

Hi!

I do feel stupid but I can't find the spread sheet... not even figure out how to search in a specific thread...🤔

Could some one be kind enough to help me?

Page 32 #796, you have to be logged in 

• Like 1

Cabin:   8065

Ship:   Journey

Date:   18 january 2022

Choose Again: Yes

Noise:    Very Little, but position is below the Coffee station in Windows and some noise when furniture is moved above. 

Balcony Size: Good

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 1

Cabin:   8049

Ship:   Journey

Date:   18 january 2022

Choose Again: No

Noise:    Some noise from The Patio above. 

Balcony Size: Good

Shower door is leaking. Water floods the floor if you don’t use extra towel on the floor

Edited by oddjob16

Cant find latest spreadsheet. Seeking relative quiet and walk in shower.  What about port side aft CCs below Windows on Pursuit?  Or starboard side just forward of the Patio above?  Tub/shower combos need not apply -  I am tall and head hits ceiling, the step up/down is scary and motion are deal killers.

1 hour ago, audobon_tx said:

Cant find latest spreadsheet. Seeking relative quiet and walk in shower.  What about port side aft CCs below Windows on Pursuit?  Or starboard side just forward of the Patio above?  Tub/shower combos need not apply -  I am tall and head hits ceiling, the step up/down is scary and motion are deal killers.

Just avoid the aft-most N2 CC on the portside.  The other portside N2s are fine.  We've been in them all on one or another of the ships.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, Riocca said:

We would prefer deck 8 as for us it’s a good location and leave the accessible suites for those that need them. Our favoured suites are 8056/58 port side N2 with walk in shower, very little noise from above.

So glad we came across your post.  Just booked 8056 for our next cruise - only thing holding us back was not knowing if it had a walk-in shower.  Thanks!