Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

On 3/25/2022 at 4:08 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

I agree about the storage space. I take a couple of hanging organisers and hang them on the two hooks inside the bathroom door. It’s great for things like sun cream, moisturiser, hairspray etc.

What hanging organizers do you take please (do you have a link?)  I am looking for some but they seem to be more suited to hanging on a closet rail not on hooks.  Thanks so much 

Pursuit, Cabin 8005. 

We had this room for April/May 2022 Athens/Egypt/Israel/Cyprus/Turkey cruise.

Internally the room was as nice as a 7th floor we had on Quest previously in Dec 2021.

I had read about being higher and forward being more likely to feel effects of the sea.  We saw nothing at all from one night when sailing from Israel to Cyprus saw higher waves. 

A concern I had was the little workout room/gym is directly above this room.  The facility closes at 8PM and not sure when it opens. 

We never heard anything at all until on night at 9:30 someone was running right over our bed.  A call to the desk assured me they would resolve it immediately.  Ten minutes later the running was still loud with no change.  Another call to the desk and I joked that maybe I should go up and take care of it.  They insisted it would be resolved now.  Ten minutes later and I put on my pants and went up.  Fortunately the door to the area was unlocked and peering into the facility I found a lively couple of crew members in a very active workout.  When advised they were right over our bed and it was well after facility closing time, they said sorry and the noise stopped.

I advised the desk the next day while taking care of something else that I had resolved the problem after two calls.  I thought it was over.  That afternoon a lovely bottle of bubbly, some chocolate covered strawberries and a note apologizing for the crewmember's vigor.

We had never heard anything previously.  But, this room is right at the end of the gym area and I suspect most people work on weights in front of the mirror and don't run in place.  Running is more likely on the machines more likely over rooms 8003 or so and the machines probably buffer the noise more than running right on the deck.

Also, we were usually out of the room from breakfast until after 8PM most days and would have missed any noisy exercise over the room.

I would not accept any of the rooms 8001-8005 in the future just knowing the likely possibility of hearing some folks up there.  But I think 8006 is probably ok as it is beyond that area.

• Thanks 1

Cabin 8002 on Onward.

no noise from above.  Service door opposite was constantly banging.  The doorway is in constant use.  The door need to be adjusted so that it closes slowly. Reported to several people.  Last person said it was on the list.

7 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Cabin 8002 on Onward.

no noise from above.  Service door opposite was constantly banging.  The doorway is in constant use.  The door need to be adjusted so that it closes slowly. Reported to several people.  Last person said it was on the list.

Yes about the door constantly flapping.  Crew are constantly going to the end door in that hallway and into the side door.  Was not so much bother in 8005.  But, when in hall could hear it closing hard.

4 hours ago, Retired grandparents said:

Yes about the door constantly flapping.  Crew are constantly going to the end door in that hallway and into the side door.  Was not so much bother in 8005.  But, when in hall could hear it closing hard.

Occupants of a suite neighbouring ours experienced the same problem and complained (assertively). The offending door was taped shut to prevent use. 

On 5/15/2022 at 3:19 AM, blag said:

Occupants of a suite neighbouring ours experienced the same problem and complained (assertively). The offending door was taped shut to prevent use. 

The door opposite 8002 is in constant use.  How can they tape shut an access to interior?

11 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

The door opposite 8002 is in constant use.  How can they tape shut an access to interior?

There are other routes to the service core. All I can tell you is that [at the risk of being sniped-at], following (assertive) complaints, the door was taped shut. I saw the tape, and can assure you that the door was no longer used.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin     6004

Ship        Onward

Date        21/05/22

Pros         Extra space compared to regular outside view cabins

Cons        Very noisy whilst the Cabaret Lounge is in use.

Book again?  Not sure.

On our previous cruise the noise from the performances would not have bothered us as we were out late each evening, unfortunately on this occasion we were so tired from the days activities we were in bed by 9.30pm on a couple of nights and were unable to get to sleep due to the noise. 

Cabin     7080

Ship        Onward

Date        21/05/22

Pros         Near lift / stairs and almost opposite self service laundry

Cons        We had some issues with our airco, but the staff took care of that quickly

Book again?  Yes

8041 Pursuit - Inside cabin, same size as other inside cabins.  Sofa is square instead  of more curved so it sticks out quite far so we had very little room in the cabin we felt. Beds could be unlocked from ceiling.  

Pro - great location to everything. 

Bad - The cabin is directly across from a utility room used by housekeeping staff.  It’s where they fold towels, get cleaning products etc.  It was grand central station for the staff, unfortunately noisy for us and napping was very hard.  

Stateroom Number: 9000

Ship: Journey

Date: May 2022

Would you choose stateroom again: Yes

Is Noise an Issue?: No. You do hear very low band noise from the living room at night, but not bad at all. There is a service door, and the employee spa door and you will hear those at times.

Balcony size: fine for two people. Large table. We set the table to the side and only used the two chairs.

Great room w abundant storage. Doors close off from spa and the main access area. You will smell smoke when you leave the closed in area because the smoking area is on that side of the pool. Did not smell smoke on veranda ever. 

Cabin 6037

Ship Pursuit

Date 21/05/31

Pros Near front elevators / stairs. Very quiet deck.

Cons The view obstructed by the lifeboat but the window is large with plenty of day light. The room is some 15 sq ft smaller than standard Oceanview rooms so no sofa in there but still feels spacious.

Book again? Yes

Cabin 8050 Club Continental Suite

Date 5/31/2022

Ship: Azamara Pursuit

Pros: Spacious, tons of storage, comfortable bed, plenty of plug-ins for phones, laptop, etc. Awesome Butler. Quiet yet close to lifts and stairs, great location.

Cons: We had the bathtub and my husband, who is 6'2" had to duck when in the tub for a shower. Better to get the CC Suite with a shower if you are tall. 

20220601_071643.jpg

20220601_071727.jpg

20220601_071759.jpg

20220601_071824.jpg

20220601_071836.jpg

20220601_071914.jpg

20220601_071950.jpg

20220601_072012.jpg

20220601_072027.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to Azamara, in fact new to cruising generally, just one previous with HAL. I've booked cabin 8062 on Pursuit which isn't on the spreadsheet presumably because no-one who's been in it has posted about it (or maybe no-one has been foolish enough to select it!).

Is there anyone familiar with these ships, Pursuit in particular, who can advise whether I've made a good/bad/indifferent choice?

1 hour ago, federalexpress said:

I'm new to Azamara, in fact new to cruising generally, just one previous with HAL. I've booked cabin 8062 on Pursuit which isn't on the spreadsheet presumably because no-one who's been in it has posted about it (or maybe no-one has been foolish enough to select it!).

Is there anyone familiar with these ships, Pursuit in particular, who can advise whether I've made a good/bad/indifferent choice?

Should be fine.  Walk-in shower, no tub.  Minimal noise from the buffet above.  We're usually somewhere between 8056 and 8068.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Should be fine.  Walk-in shower, no tub.  Minimal noise from the buffet above.  We're usually somewhere between 8056 and 8068.

Thanks you for that, it's very re-assuring. I specifically chose the shower, much prefer that option, especially as it seems to be a reasonably spacious one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the email taking my bid. July 12 Guest. started with OV 7006 3 years ago. Was very happy with it. Put in min bid 2 months ago of 610 US for 2. Leave the US tomorrow with upgrade to 8803. Looks ok. No reports on spared sheet. Now to reprint all the boarding paperwork.

Edit:  Here is @uktog's spreadsheet with all entries through 19 March 2019:

And here is a link to @mchell810's June 2021 updated version:

I hope that one or the other of them will continue to update this very valuable tool.

In the meantime, please continue to follow @uktog's helpful instructions on how to report cabin information in a consistent manner:

On the Celebrity board, there is a very useful spreadsheet kept up to date by one of the cruisers where others can search for information on a cabin. Here on Azamara, we have to try and search and trawl for information and I am offering to create and maintain with say forthnightly updates a similar spreadsheet.

Cabin Number:  6036

Ship:  Quest

Month/Year sailed March 2022

Would you choose this room again Y/N:   Yes

Is noise an issue Y/N :  Very quiet

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller :  I assume normal, but if felt a little small because of the large table. 

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

The cabin was quiet, and even though we had rough seas during a transatlantic cruise from Miami to Lisbon, we were comfortable in this cabin, not too much movement. 

We are about to book the 11 night Azamara Journey Ancient Civilizations in November. We can choose Club Continent Suite #8059 or #8047. Any recommendations as far as noise between the two? I am a light sleeper but that's all they have left. We could also choose a club world suite #6002 but is it worth the extra $3000 (they have a special so that would be the upgrade cost). And that seems like it might be louder anyway?

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, SheriJ435 said:

We are about to book the 11 night Azamara Journey Ancient Civilizations in November. We can choose Club Continent Suite #8059 or #8047. Any recommendations as far as noise between the two? I am a light sleeper but that's all they have left. We could also choose a club world suite #6002 but is it worth the extra $3000 (they have a special so that would be the upgrade cost). And that seems like it might be louder anyway?

Thanks!

#8059 and #8047 are under the pool deck and some people report noise in the mornings due to set up of loungers etc.

#6002 is forward. We were unfortunate enough to spend some time in #6004. There is anchor noise and of course in the forward position more motion will be felt and when underway and it may well be too windy to actually use the large verandah, as the occupiers of that stateroom discovered when we were in #6004. There is also a communicating door between the two staterooms.

3 minutes ago, SheriJ435 said:

Thanks for your quick response. Sounds like scraping chairs might be better than anchor noise. I will bring some earplugs!

8047 has a walk-in shower and 8059 has a shower in the bathtub.  If you're over 6 feet tall, you'll hit your head on the ceiling when showering in 8059.  8059 will have less chair noise from above as the buffet is carpeted while The Patio is not.