Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

1 hour ago, SheriJ435 said:

Thanks - that is a big help. I am 5'3" and my husband is 5'8" so we should be ok with the bath.

My question would be how hard it’s going to be for you to step into the tub!  While I haven’t tried the Azamara tubs at 5’7” I had a bit of difficulty on Crystal and a major problem on NCL, I asked for steps!  I belief NCL was partially because of a knee replacement. I’ve had trouble with some European hotel tubs too.  And one in Australia that was an apartment with the bath having a fixed half door on a short tub. I believe Crystal had a fixed glass too which made it difficult to sit on the side and swing your legs over. 

Not trying to be a pain just raising the question and give you reference points so you can make the best decision.  For what it is worth, I ran hurdles in high school during a heat I caught my back foot on the second hurdle ——  7 stitches in my chin😂  I was slightly taller then, but really didn’t like hurdles!  

10 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

My question would be how hard it’s going to be for you to step into the tub!  While I haven’t tried the Azamara tubs at 5’7” I had a bit of difficulty on Crystal and a major problem on NCL, I asked for steps!  I belief NCL was partially because of a knee replacement. I’ve had trouble with some European hotel tubs too.  And one in Australia that was an apartment with the bath having a fixed half door on a short tub. I believe Crystal had a fixed glass too which made it difficult to sit on the side and swing your legs over. 

Not trying to be a pain just raising the question and give you reference points so you can make the best decision.  For what it is worth, I ran hurdles in high school during a heat I caught my back foot on the second hurdle ——  7 stitches in my chin😂  I was slightly taller then, but really didn’t like hurdles!  

Yes, the side of the tub is high, and could be difficult to climb over for someone mobility-impaired.

Azamara Quest stateroom 4066.

I find the Azamara cabin reviews very informative.

We are booked on the Quest for a 15 Night Japan cruise April 3,2023 .

We chose this Azamara Cruise because it is destination intensive.

Being more Financially Challenged than most of you we are in Club Oceanview Stateroom 4066.

Has anyone any experience with 4066 (on Quest) or nearby cabins? mostly about Noise/slamming doors?

I checked the spreadsheet but did not see any comments.

Thank you to anyone who responds.

D.B.

19 hours ago, D. B. said:

Being more Financially Challenged than most of you we are in Club Oceanview Stateroom 4066.

Has anyone any experience with 4066 (on Quest) or nearby cabins? mostly about Noise/slamming doors?

D.B.

While I’ve not stayed in the particular cabin, I’ve never noticed any noise transfer between cabins except faint noise of toilet flushes, and that only if happened to be in the bathroom. No hallway/door noise. Also, being “financially challenged” (I hear you!) can actually be an advantage- on deck 4, you have cabins  above. We chanced into a suite on our last cruise (super last-minute deal), and some (not us) had noise with scraping chairs/food cart noise from the pool deck above. You’re safe on 4! Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harrietq said:

While I’ve not stayed in the particular cabin, I’ve never noticed any noise transfer between cabins except faint noise of toilet flushes, and that only if happened to be in the bathroom. No hallway/door noise. Also, being “financially challenged” (I hear you!) can actually be an advantage- on deck 4, you have cabins  above. We chanced into a suite on our last cruise (super last-minute deal), and some (not us) had noise with scraping chairs/food cart noise from the pool deck above. You’re safe on 4! Enjoy your trip!

4066 is one of the new cabins where shore excursions used to be.  It is underneath the seating are of Mosaic Cafe next to shops.  Still should not be noise from above as the floor is carpeted.  I haven’t been onboard since those cabins were installed, so don’t know how well they are separated from the reception area.  That is the main query.

P.S.  My last cabin was on Deck 4 too, but an inside cabin. Even more financially challenged!

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 3

As @Port Power has said, there are no cabins on deck 5.

We also travel on deck 4 midships for stability in case of "motion in the ocean."

If you compare the deck plans of decks 4 & 5 you will see exactly what is above you.

There should be little sound from the internal areas above you, but there may be noise in the morning as crew prepare the open deck area above you - it has not bothered us too much.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember which of the "sister ships" had the extra staterooms 4060 to 4070 added first, but on that ship the cabin walls were apparently not as well insulated as the rest of the ship. I do recollect a wall separating those rooms from the area around Guest Relations, so that would act as a noise buffer.

Great itinerary - enjoy your cruise!

On 7/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, D. B. said:

D.B.

About 3/4 of my cruises have been on deck 4.  I remember rooms 4004 and 4049.  On one cruise I could hear the boarding noise slightly during the day, in port.   I noticed more door slamming on Deck 6.  Some of the latches didn’t close unless you pulled extra hard and that still sounded like a partial slam.  The cabin that slammed the most was a couple of doors down and it seemed the entire cabin shook.  The ships have been reworked several times since then!   On one cruise we were in an obstructed view cabin and were waking up early due to jet lag.  Our neighbor finally had enough and told us our voices were carrying through the walls!  Those cabins are the only ones I’m aware of having trouble.

Lastly, I’m told that the new cabins seemed smaller that similar cabins on the same floor. This was by one of the enrichment people but they still said it  still worked. Because I was booked there for 2021 which was cancelled I asked about the noises getting on and off the ship guest relations told me there is a door at each end and the area is quite quiet.  Hope that helps.  

i notice at times my first impression of the rooms seems that it is narrow and cramped, but when I get to the open area I can easily pass the foot of the bed without bumping it which I can’t on other cruises.  We find the regular rooms seem to have more storage which is mostly across from the bath making that area feel closed in at first.  It really isn’t but it’s an unusual layout to some ships.  

We crossed the northern Atlantic to the Shetlands, or from there, in 4004 I think we saw Nemo!  The buffet was closed as even on the table the soup would not stay in the bowls.  It was quickly moved to the main dining room for stability etc.  yes that was Gale 8-9 as I recall and certainly unusual, and we’ve done transAtlantics on Azamara but they can often avoid the worst.

our Japan trip we just hid from the 2 typhoons on one  of those cruises. 

Well, My wife and I just got home from the Quest British Isles 13 night cruise. We booked this in late 18 early 19 on the Journey. Everything got backed up a yr due to you know what. Switched to this year with L and S. Same cabin 7006 OV, for a lower price. We are happy with everything, but had the chance for a bid up grade, So we did, Bid the min of 310 each for a Balcony plus, got it 1 day before we flew to London. 8803 Great room and location, 1 room short of end of the hallway except for upper employees rooms, so very quiet. Only noise was a treadmill overhead when in use by someone running hard on it. Nice shower, plenty of outlets and overall room. Yes we would book again. Thank you AZ for our first but not last cruise with you.

• Like 6

We just got off the Azamara Journey and we were in suite 6003. On normal days the anchor noise was loud but bearable. But when we were overnight in Monaco anchored they moved the anchor chain and it was awful. We complained and they gave us an empty cabin to sleep in midship. 
the closets in that cabin are large but the rest of the storage was not great. No bedside reading lamps or USB ports. By the bed. The desk drawer was glued or nailed shut. 
when we had motion one night it was not great. The bed is at an angle. Bonine worked but we would never book that suite again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, harrodsfan said:

We just got off the Azamara Journey and we were in suite 6003. On normal days the anchor noise was loud but bearable. But when we were overnight in Monaco anchored they moved the anchor chain and it was awful. We complained and they gave us an empty cabin to sleep in midship. 
the closets in that cabin are large but the rest of the storage was not great. No bedside reading lamps or USB ports. By the bed. The desk drawer was glued or nailed shut. 
when we had motion one night it was not great. The bed is at an angle. Bonine worked but we would never book that suite again. 

in 2019 I was on deck 4.  My cabin had wall mounted lights and a USB port in the base.  One however was not working.  I don’t think that kind of outlet takes the wear and tear of usage. 

I’ve also been pretty forward on deck 4, 4004, in Gala 8-9, I thought the stabilizers were going to be ripped off!  Our beds didn’t move but that small coffee table did turn over and the Champaign bottle crush all the grapes in the fruit basket.  That was the Quest.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 8:32 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Try the one here

Azamara cabin spreadsheet Mar 19.pdf272.89 kB · 1,271 downloads

Here is the updated spreadsheet so far orientation etc seems to be ok

Edited March 19, 2019 by uktog

Reposted the post from P32 - try this 

• Thanks 1