Your favourite Med ports?

horatio123

Depends if you want culture, beaches etc

Mykanos for wandering around the whitewashed lanes and getting yourself lost a little - with lovely restaurants - a relaxing take it in your own time stop

Santorini - beautiful views, white buildings with blue domes - great drinks and snacks overlooking the sea down to the ships

Venice - exploration here - culture and keep walking - just wander and wander and get the water taxi for a good look around

Naples - for the pizza - come out of the port and turn left - it takes you to the sea front and is very pretty (turn right and its quite dirty)

Naples - to take the ferry to sorrento or Capri

Kusadasi - to visit ephesus

Rome - very cultured but 1.5 hours from the port so sort your transfers out

I could go on and on

Go to the port board and have a read

Our favorites were Mykonos for sure, mostly because we just wanted to veg out, chill on a beautiful beach..and be relaxed. Paradise beach on Mykonos is spectacular and only a short bus ride from the main town. Walking around the white washed town was brilliant also, I have to say... we didn't complain one bit about this stop on our cruise. Also, I have to say.. visiting Katakolon, where you can take a short ride to Olympia was wonderful... so much history, so many artifacts and ruins... wow! And Athens...what can we say that hasn't been said, what a place to explore. We walked everywhere.. saw all that we could see, and didn't mind that are feet hurt at the end of the day. I'd go back to any of these in a heart beat. :)

Archived