Crusing Disney with a 1 year old

mrspeaks

Hello,

My husband and I love to cruise. We are trying to plan a vacation for the summer with our daughter who will be one year old at the time. My husband needs some convincing, but I thought a cruise might be a good option and I thought a Disney cruise could be the best choice because it is geared towards families. I know she is too young to know or remember, but the convieances of a Disney might make things easier for us. Any experiences or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

While I can't speak specifically for Disney, we cruised with our 14 month old daughter on RCL for 7 days and it was great! She sat well at dinner and during the shows. Definitely bring your stroller!

We are cruising this coming Monday on the Disney Wonder with our now-4 year old daughter and our son who is 1 year and 10 months so am looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Cruising with a baby is different than cruising as just a couple, of course, but as long as you remember that and you're flexible, it can be a great time! Good luck!

Cruised on the Wonder with a 2 year old and it was great! The nursery was perfect for him and has a nap/sleep area. If you leave supplies they will totally take care of the baby so you and your hubby can go to the adults-only areas to relax or get a meal or just have grown-up time!

You will have an amazing time!

We have cruised on Disney 3 times now since.our youngest was born. First cruise she was 10 months, next one she was 27 months and potty-training and the last was last month when she was 1 month shy of 3. We have had a wonderful time on each. The most challenging was the middle one and that was due to the potty-training. We haven't had as much adult time or.nightlife as I.would like but cruising has become our family's favorite type of vacation. We cant wait for Alaska on the Wonder in June of 2014 when the girls will be 8 and 4.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

We have cruised on Disney 3 times now since.our youngest was born. First cruise she was 10 months, next one she was 27 months and potty-training and the last was last month when she was 1 month shy of 3. We have had a wonderful time on each. The most challenging was the middle one and that was due to the potty-training. We haven't had as much adult time or.nightlife as I.would like but cruising has become our family's favorite type of vacation. We cant wait for Alaska on the Wonder in June of 2014 when the girls will be 8 and 4.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I can't figure out how to pm you, but was hoping you could tell me how your experience was with your daughter being one month shy of 3. That's the exact age my little guy will be when we cruise and I'm wondering if they let her into the 3 year old group or if she had to stay in the nursery. It's not the $$ I'm so worried about, I just want him to have fun and heard something about certain ships expecting toddlers to be quiet during the babies' sleeping time and not sure mine has that ability!

I can't figure out how to pm you, but was hoping you could tell me how your experience was with your daughter being one month shy of 3. That's the exact age my little guy will be when we cruise and I'm wondering if they let her into the 3 year old group or if she had to stay in the nursery. It's not the $$ I'm so worried about, I just want him to have fun and heard something about certain ships expecting toddlers to be quiet during the babies' sleeping time and not sure mine has that ability!

We had a wonderful time. We just got of the Fantasy on the March 9th Eastern to San Juan. She turns 3 on the 27th of April so it was closer to a month and a half until her 3rd birthday. She is fully potty trained so when I asked they let her in register in the club. Being potty trained and close to her birthday was the key. I got the impression if she was even a few more weeks away from her birthday they wouldn't have let her.

Ultimately she didn't want to spend much time in the club but since it was her choice it made my life much easier as she wasn't begging to go to the club with her sister when she couldn't.

She had so much fun on this cruise even without spending time in the club. I didn't get much adult time because she was attached to me but that is more the age she is in than anything else. She is going through a huge Mommy don't leave me phase right now. (Including me just trying to go the the next room in the house - even though she goes to school everyday without any complaint or incident).

She loved to dance anytime she could. She loved all the shows. She fell in love with the characters this trip and wanted to meet everyone she could. She had a great time in the Mickey Pool and in Nemo's Reef. There was a little slide in Nemo's Reef that was perfect and she would spend as much time there as she could. She also loved running on deck 4 and playing shuffle board.

The couple times she did go to the club, she had fun, she just would have rather been with me.

Archived