What special type coffees are free?

LadyGrizz

I read somewhere, but can't seem to find it anymore, but somebody mentioned that if you ask for a certain kind of coffee while in the MDR you get it free, as all special coffees are charged to you. ie lattes, cappucino etc

I can't believe that you have to pay for a latte, yeesh, coffee and milk? lol

I thought all food and drink (except for alcohol) were supposed to be already prepaid with the cruise?

I believe a cappuccino or espresso used to be free in the MDR after dinner, but now there is a charge.

Free coffee is what comes out of the dispensers in the lido or what your waiter pours into your cup from a carafe in the dining room. If you go to the bistro to order a coffee drink there is a charge. It is in line with what you what pay at a coffee shop. A pot of coffee from room service is free, but it's customary to tip the person who brings it to you. Room service in my opinion is often the worst coffee on board the ship.

Most food & many things to drink are not charged for on a cruise, but far from everything. Soda, bottled water, coffee or sweets from the bistro, & alcohol drinks are all charged for.

I read somewhere, but can't seem to find it anymore, but somebody mentioned that if you ask for a certain kind of coffee while in the MDR you get it free, as all special coffees are charged to you. ie lattes, cappucino etc

I can't believe that you have to pay for a latte, yeesh, coffee and milk? lol

I thought all food and drink (except for alcohol) were supposed to be already prepaid with the cruise?

Sounds like you haven't cruised in a few years.:p

Bill

Black coffee is free. Soft serve ice cream is free. Put a shot of free soft serve in the free coffee and instant $10 specialty coffee for free!

I was just thinking this BUT, personally, I would want the coffee to cool down a bit bewfore adding the soft serve.

Just off the Miracle last week. I made myself iced coffee every day from the coffee served on the Lido deck. I just poured it over ice and added some milk. It tasted like an iced latte and it was free! I also kept some coffee cold in my cabin's mini bar. I don't like paying for something if I can get it free.

Black coffee is free. Soft serve ice cream is free. Put a shot of free soft serve in the free coffee and instant $10 specialty coffee for free!

One 'Up' vote for Sarge! This is the best tip I've seen in awhile.

Free cappuccino is still available on occasion in the MDR - but it's at the discretion of your waiter. I was really skeptical about paying for something that used to be free, but I love having a cappuccino after dinner, so the last cruise I was on, we decided to go ahead and splurge. I'll tell you that most nights it was really, really good - much better than the old free stuff - topped with cinnamon and served with a cookie or biscotti on the side - really nice presentation and for far less than I'd have spent at Starbucks for the same thing in a paper cup ...

The last 2 nights our waiter didn't bring the bill - we even asked him about it and he winked and said "my treat". I think if you treat them well, tip well, and are nice (as opposed to the aholes we seemed to be surrounded by in our section) sometimes you'll get a little surprise back. Even without the "freebies", I think the new cappuccino is tons better than the old and have decided to go ahead and budget it in. (plus, that lemon cookie thing was out of this world good!)

This sounds yummy!

The coffee on the lido deck is so bad, we usually get a cup of hot chocolate and then split that into 2 cups and fill up with the coffee. Instant specialty coffee. We also will purchase and bring in our suitcase some of the individual non-refrigerated flavored creamers and use those for room service coffee or bring them to lido with us.

This sounds yummy!

The coffee on the lido deck is so bad, we usually get a cup of hot chocolate and then split that into 2 cups and fill up with the coffee. Instant specialty coffee. We also will purchase and bring in our suitcase some of the individual non-refrigerated flavored creamers and use those for room service coffee or bring them to lido with us.

Note to Self: Fewer flavored creamers. Add hot chocolate mix.

I see many people making "mochas" at the lido, making a mixture from the hot chocolate dispenser & coffee.

I tried coffee & the self serve ice cream, didn't work out so great for me. The self serve melts so quick & didn't seem to change the flavor of the coffee a lot, at least in my opinion. It also cooled it down to the point of making it tepid.

thanks for the tips guys. I am really going to miss having good coffee by the sounds of it. H

ave to bring some Red Rose tea with me for hubby, as I don't think Carnival has that brand. I might have to bring some instant packets with me for coffee too, grrrr, lol

but some good ideas, thanks for those

it should still all be free, if it isn't alcohol, it should be free

Just off the Miracle last week. I made myself iced coffee every day from the coffee served on the Lido deck. I just poured it over ice and added some milk. It tasted like an iced latte and it was free! I also kept some coffee cold in my cabin's mini bar. I don't like paying for something if I can get it free.

Good idea. Think I'll try that next year.

If you use sweetener in your coffee, try buying liquid Stevia with flavors. You can get them through the website named for the river in Brazil. Right now I have English toffee, vanilla creme, chocolate and chocolate raspberry at home. You can also get lemon and orange flavored Stevia for use in iced tea (try the orange -- it's much better than lemon IMHO).

Alan

Darn I liked ordering free cappuccino after dinner in the MDR. I did like the coffee bar on the Glory, I felt like it was worth the price for their specialty coffees. Hope the price hasn't gone up too much. Maybe I will smuggle a small bottle of Baileys to "season" my coffee;)

I'm bringing Starbucks Iced coffee packets with me.

You can add them to milk, and stir it well, and add ice. It is made to dissolve easily in cold liquids. They also have them in Vanilla, and other flavors. They sell the boxes of them at Wal-Mart for about 6 bucks. Easy to pack, Easy to use.

:D

Archived