Hapag-LLoyd Europa 2.

English Voyager

I checked out the pictures, Sansabar looks great, less formal and more like a beach bar. I love the new look of the Sushi bar

Before it just looked like the Yacht Club, now it has a more formal look. I just checked out a trip on Europa2. It was the same cost per day as Silversea and Seabourn however I think the Europa2 blows them away.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I have to admit that the Europa 2 is now my first choice for a luxury cruise.

In fact, as a solo traveller, cruising on the Europa 2 can work out cheaper than other luxury lines due to Hapag-Lloyd's philosophy with regard to solo travellers in Category 2 suites.

On the cruises I have looked at, either no single supplement or one of 25%.

I am looking forward to my cruise this coming September which has been sold out for several weeks.

I see the Europa2 has two trips stopping in some Cuban ports next year. Wonder if US citizens can go on them. Right now their is some strange rule that allows some travel.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

It is the 12 day cruise departing on the 21 September from Istanbul to Athens.

Which cruise are you considering?

I better go back and check their itineraries since I thought a saw one in September from NY to Progreso. I was not planning to cruise at that time but since this involves no complicated flights I thought it was a good opportunity to give it a shot.

I better go back and check their itineraries since I thought a saw one in September from NY to Progreso. I was not planning to cruise at that time but since this involves no complicated flights I thought it was a good opportunity to give it a shot.

The cruise you are thinking of, EUX 1630, departs 30 September 2016.

I have looked at this and a lot of on-line reviews about the Europa2 restaurants as I am very interested in this ship, but have been unable to find a sample menu from Weltmeere, the main restaurant.

My wonderful Travel Agent has sent me a full set of recent menus for Europa 2.

Attached are a couple from Weltmeere from just a few weeks ago.

Hope this is useful.

ENG_0425_Weltmeere_alacarte.pdf

ENG_0425_Weltmeere_Empfehlung.pdf

Thanks so much. This is exactly the info I've been looking for. We cruise on Europa 2 in October.

Would you be willing to post more menus? Do you have any from the specialty restaurants?

Thanks!

Thanks so much. This is exactly the info I've been looking for. We cruise on Europa 2 in October.

Would you be willing to post more menus? Do you have any from the specialty restaurants?

Thanks!

Here you go ... menus as requested !

We are on Europa 2 early next year but our superb TA has arranged a tour of the ship for us in Portsmouth, England in a couple of weeks time.

Enjoy !

ENG_0425_Elements_Feste_Karte_A.pdf

ENG_0425_Sakura_Dinner_Menue_A.pdf

ENG_0425_Serenissima_feste_Karte_A.pdf

ENG_0425_Tarragon_Menue_A.pdf

ENG_0425_Yachtclub_Dinner_3.pdf

machotspur,

Thank you for posting the menus of the restaurants on the Europa 2.

They certainly convey the culinary delights that await a passenger.

The great danger is, as the old saying goes, one will embark as a passenger, and disembark as freight.

Enjoy your upcoming visit to the ship in Portsmouth.

I look forward to reading your impressions of the Europa 2.

Machotspur, thanks so much! The wine list is surprisingly affordable (with the obvious exceptions), and the food sounds divine.

As a resident of the California wine country, I had to laugh at the one California wine offering, from a rather unknown winery. Well, time to learn more about the European offerings!

That ship looks wonderful!

I found an Asian itinerary I like on the Hanseatic. Anybody here has cruised on this expedition ship?

I cruised on the Hanseatic 3 years ago on a wonderful Sicily itinerary. Can highly recommend it.

I cruised on the Hanseatic 3 years ago on a wonderful Sicily itinerary. Can highly recommend it.

As the Europa 2 is the only designated Hapag-Lloyd ship running bi-lingual cruises, what provision(s) are made on the Hanseatic for passengers who only speak English?

I'm not Cathaana, but I will chime in with our experience. On our last Hanseatic cruise, it was designated as bi-lingual. As it turned out, that meant us, and only us! But all the officers spoke English and they had menus translated into English. Each night I believe someone translated the daily bulletin into English (abbreviated). The ship even arranged for us to be accompanied on tours (which were all in German) by one of the junior officers, who acted as translator.

The biggest problem was dinner. The ship had assigned tables, and of our table mates only 1 spoke English.

As the Europa 2 is the only designated Hapag-Lloyd ship running bi-lingual cruises, what provision(s) are made on the Hanseatic for passengers who only speak English?

On the HL website Europa 2 and Hanseatic are identified as the two ships that operate bilingual cruises. (See the section on international cruises on their website for more details).

As long as our first cruise with HL on Europa 2 works out OK we will probably go with a HL Antarctica cruise on Hanseatic - some of the cruises are clearly marked as bilingual.

However - I wasn't aware of the point mpfund has made regarding pre assigned tables - this could be a real red flag for us.

However - I wasn't aware of the point mpfund has made regarding pre assigned tables - this could be a real red flag for us.

You can request a table for 2 but otherwise it's preassigned tables (but you can always ask to switch tables).

They open an alternative dining venue several times a week (which I used quite regularly to escape my table :D - not that the people were horrible, we just didn't have much in common).