Platinum Question

I have cruised since "becoming Platinum". I've known about priority boarding, debarking, tendering, etc. but did not know about being able to go to your room before 1:30. Since the doors in the halls leading to the staterooms are closed until 1:30, do you just open them and go on thru? I've never even tried to open them because I assumed they were locked. If you do just go on in, does your steward know you are platinum? I don't want to just appear annoying as if regular rules don't apply to me!

I have cruised since "becoming Platinum". I've known about priority boarding, debarking, tendering, etc. but did not know about being able to go to your room before 1:30. Since the doors in the halls leading to the staterooms are closed until 1:30, do you just open them and go on thru? I've never even tried to open them because I assumed they were locked. If you do just go on in, does your steward know you are platinum? I don't want to just appear annoying as if regular rules don't apply to me!

Yes ,he or she knows.

Yes, they do know you're platinum. Just open the doors and slip through. Ours greeted us by name as we were coming down the hall for the first time. It was creepy but pretty cool at the same time. (We figured that we must have been the only platinums that he had on that trip and he was taking a chance that it was us that had slipped through the door.)

If you do just go on in, does your steward know you are platinum?

Yes, they do! We did a family cruise in January with 4 rooms together. Mine was the only one ready when we boarded! So everyone's carryons were put in my room so they didn't have to carry them around.

It's only supposed to be on ships that already have FTTF.

I agree with this even thou a certain sgt may disagree and say its always been this way;)

As others have said its generally ships that offer Faster to the Fun.

On the main doorway to the hallway to your cabin you'll see the below sign, simply open the door and walk to your cabin. Both cases for me the door was open to my room, but it was ready. Had all the welcome paper work on the counter and such. Simply placed my stuff away did a few things around the cabin and then went back out and about around the ship.

Have a great cruise!

EF73FA50-CF08-42E7-BCC0-0BD7375211E9-269-00000020BAAFAC88_zps1260996c.jpg

Even on ships that don't have FTTF?

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cabin was ready on the Pride in Nov and Jan. It is a non-FTTF ship. The steward said, my room was ready but the others were not! I don't know about other ships, but you can ask.

My cabin was ready on the Pride in Nov and Jan. It is a non-FTTF ship. The steward said, my room was ready but the others were not! I don't know about other ships, but you can ask.

Ok thank you for the reply.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnival keeps changing the rules...I cannot keep up..but then we've always just kind of sneaked in anyway...before we were Platinum...

I don't remember seeing the signs last November on the Dream...but will for sure be looking for them on the Glory in June:D Great info:):):)

Ours greeted us by name as we were coming down the hall for the first time. It was creepy but pretty cool at the same time. (We figured that we must have been the only platinums that he had on that trip and he was taking a chance that it was us that had slipped through the door.)

Our room steward had a printout with our "photos" on it. I assumed they got the printout after we had our check in photo done!:D

As others have said its generally ships that offer Faster to the Fun.

On the main doorway to the hallway to your cabin you'll see the below sign, simply open the door and walk to your cabin. Both cases for me the door was open to my room, but it was ready. Had all the welcome paper work on the counter and such. Simply placed my stuff away did a few things around the cabin and then went back out and about around the ship.

Have a great cruise!

EF73FA50-CF08-42E7-BCC0-0BD7375211E9-269-00000020BAAFAC88_zps1260996c.jpg

What a perfect answer! No debate, no arguing just straight up knowledge backed with photographic evidence..... so very rare for CC! Now all we need is 30 more post about how the sign is wrong :) ..... or lets get some IMHO answers ... I LOVE CC but sometimes ... really :rolleyes:

On our January 2013 cruise we did not even try to take our carry-ons to our cabin as they did not offer FTTF. This was our first Platinum cruise.

However, the 2nd leg of our B2B, we went to our cabin after lunch and the doors were locked. We walked down the hallway to where there was an open door & went in.

On an earlier cruise (2008 or 2009) we did go directly to our cabin even though we were not supposed to. However, my SO follows all rules so we haven't tried to do that since.

We're looking forward to being able to go directly to our cabin on our 2014 cruises.

Our room steward had a printout with our "photos" on it. I assumed they got the printout after we had our check in photo done!:D

Well that makes sense then! We did stay up on the lido deck for a little bit (gotta get the first DOD before doing anything else! :)) before we headed down to drop off our carryon items.

Archived