Allure Wedding May 12 2013

Hi Ccsci,

yeah we are getting married next year whilst on the allure then on the day we come off the allure we board the independence for a two week transatlantic cruise from America to the UK. .the whole trip will be just over 3 week's long..cannot wait....

and exciting news is... I got my wedding dress yesterday. ..so excited! !

x

Congrats on your dress. It is an amazing feeling.

You ladies all have me excited about the potential idea of getting married on the Oasis at the end of the year (though who knows if they'll take me this "late" in the game).

Does anyone know how it works if you get married at sea, are you considered under US law? If you're married when the ship is in a port, say I dont know, Mexico or Jamaica, are you not considered married in the US? How does that all work? lol

I'm new to this idea. We both got overwhelmed with the idea of a traditional wedding on land and this kinda happened where both my mom and his mom will be on a cruise with us and well, maybe we just might do it there and not do the traditional land thing, maybe we'll have a party on land after the fact for other friends/family not on the cruise.

I'm just trying to understand the logistics of it all. I'm SO not the typical bride. I really don't have much opinion on the flowers, or the decorations, or any of that. I really just care about the dress, the man in the tux, and getting married in front of some family/friends.

Im sorry I do not know the answer to that question. I had a friend who got married in Jamaica and when they came back they went to the court house just them to make sure it was legal. So you can always do that.

I got my final call today. We went over the paper work that I filled out. The one that I posted here and she went over my questions....Some info that might help you....

8X10 photos are $20. And you buy all photos with the other photos that you buy thru out the week long cruise. The one hour of photo service starts at the service. So if the service is 2o minutes. We have 40 minutes left for photos. We can either do them at the reception or go else where on the ship and then we will be late for the reception.

For our size wedding we were given our choice of 2 different venues.

Our 8 month old daughter does not count as a person to pay for at the wedding. However, I was told by another bride she paid less for the children. This is no longer the case I had to pay the $48 that I choice in order to have open bar for even the minors.

In order to tier the cakes you need to buy more than one. So we decided not to stack, which I am upset about. However, we only have 25 guest so we do not need to pay for extra.

More to come. Just wanted to give you the basics.

Fldogmassage, I was told that we would have a year to purchase additional photos through the photographer directly. Did you check into that? I was planning on purchasing a few while on the ship, but the majority of them when I have recovered from the cruise financing.

About the cake. The picture of the latest teired cake was NOT thrilling, a single tiered cake could look as nice especially a cute cake topper. I am rethinking it myself. If don't tier the cake, I can get a few more photos. The question is, which is more important in the long run. A picture of myself and husband cutting a two tiered cake, or a one tiered cake and afford more photos.

If guests must disembark at 3, then my wedding must start at 12:30 the latest. That gives me an hour if we board and I get in the cabin at 11:30. So, I am wondering if there are any snafoos and we are late with that schedule, do I get some money back if we only have an hour of reception? The extra bar and bev. service for my wedding is about $700. That is a lot of photos, or more fun shopping while in port on on ship. Could make a difference. I almost have twice as many guests as you, it will take them longer to get through the ship check to get on, wondering if its worth the extra hour of bar service. Can the guests stay on the ship until 3:00 if we are not having a 2 hour reception?

Fldogmassage, I was told that we would have a year to purchase additional photos through the photographer directly. Did you check into that? I was planning on purchasing a few while on the ship, but the majority of them when I have recovered from the cruise financing.

About the cake. The picture of the latest teired cake was NOT thrilling, a single tiered cake could look as nice especially a cute cake topper. I am rethinking it myself. If don't tier the cake, I can get a few more photos. The question is, which is more important in the long run. A picture of myself and husband cutting a two tiered cake, or a one tiered cake and afford more photos.

If guests must disembark at 3, then my wedding must start at 12:30 the latest. That gives me an hour if we board and I get in the cabin at 11:30. So, I am wondering if there are any snafoos and we are late with that schedule, do I get some money back if we only have an hour of reception? The extra bar and bev. service for my wedding is about $700. That is a lot of photos, or more fun shopping while in port on on ship. Could make a difference. I almost have twice as many guests as you, it will take them longer to get through the ship check to get on, wondering if its worth the extra hour of bar service. Can the guests stay on the ship until 3:00 if we are not having a 2 hour reception?

The RCCL inconsitancy. They need to figure out what is going on. Maria told me yesterday that we have to purchase pictures by the end of the cruise and after that they are no longer available. I do not know what the real deal is. Does anyone else?

She also told me that guest must start disembarkation at 2:45 and are not allowed to wonder the ship. I have heard from other brides that guest can walk around. SO I am not sure. Either way with guest leaving at 2:45 or 3, if for some reason wedding starts late there could be a rushed feeling and time may be lost. With RCCL, I doubt they will credit even one penny. So keep in mind. I believe guest can stay. They will just not provide the entertainment after the one hour recpetion.

I got my final call today. We went over the paper work that I filled out. The one that I posted here and she went over my questions....Some info that might help you....

8X10 photos are $20. And you buy all photos with the other photos that you buy thru out the week long cruise. The one hour of photo service starts at the service. So if the service is 2o minutes. We have 40 minutes left for photos. We can either do them at the reception or go else where on the ship and then we will be late for the reception.

For our size wedding we were given our choice of 2 different venues.

Our 8 month old daughter does not count as a person to pay for at the wedding. However, I was told by another bride she paid less for the children. This is no longer the case I had to pay the $48 that I choice in order to have open bar for even the minors.

In order to tier the cakes you need to buy more than one. So we decided not to stack, which I am upset about. However, we only have 25 guest so we do not need to pay for extra.

More to come. Just wanted to give you the basics.

Hello Fldog,

So question why cant they do the photos after the reception??? I think i will argue about this i am not cutting into my time at the reception to take photos!

Good to know i might do one hour because if there is no way to start before 12:30 no point in paying for the second hour! I was willing to pay for the second tier cake but we have allot of guests right now we have 50 confirmed paid guests. Did you book a DJ or sound technician at all?

Thanks!

Megan

HMMM my cruise leaves at 4:30 so i wonder if they could fit in a two hour reception fully.......guess i will find out. But ya i doubt you will get any money back if the reception was cut short!

OMGossssssssssh.. This is Different BUT i LOVE it!!!!!!! U are so right there arent alot of RCCL Reviews :( Well Im glad U are doing this for the Other RCCL and then Just Cruise Brides too.. Thanks for taking time out already to start your review and for doing a Review at all... :D Ok now im going to read and learn something new for today.. hugs

I dont understand that!!! Your the 2nd one to say they have a Problem with a call or Info getting back in touch.. I can say that Carnival has never done that to me... and to have to wait so long for a Call back, or an Email back is Awful and Scary. But Im soooooooooooo glad eveything has now worked out for everyone :)

Hi,

We have recently organised our wedding on the Allure aswell :).. we are getting married at sea so I don't know the exact date of our wedding until we get on the ship as the Captain will advise when he has free time on his schedule...we are on the 27th April 2014 cruise...

I have had similar experiences with the RCCL team... you can only hold your wedding booking for three days without a cruise booking.

We are doing a week on the allure then a TA back to the UK straight after we come off the allure...

We had to wait on the TA dates coming out so we couldn't book the allure first...

After booking our cruises I thought it would be really quick booking the wedding however it took over a week for the team to get in touch..that's after me complaining to my agent and it ended up a member of the UK team calling me...

I found it so hard for the Miami team to get in contact however that all changed after I received the wedding contract and faxed it back to them.. now I get responses like lightening from the Miami team..

it kinda felt like they weren't interested in your query but once you pay the $$ for your wedding package they sat up and took notice... that's just my own personal views..

But everything is all good with the team now...

So wedding is now paid for, think ive just about found THE dress..hopefully have my mind made up by the weekend...

Exciting Times!!!

xx

Hello Fldog,

So question why cant they do the photos after the reception??? I think i will argue about this i am not cutting into my time at the reception to take photos!

Good to know i might do one hour because if there is no way to start before 12:30 no point in paying for the second hour! I was willing to pay for the second tier cake but we have allot of guests right now we have 50 confirmed paid guests. Did you book a DJ or sound technician at all?

Thanks!

Megan

She simply stated that the one hour starts at the ceremony and how we want to spend the rest of the hour is up to us but the time can not be divided up.

She said the earliest we could start the wedding was 12:30. we decided on 1 to start since I did not want to be rushed and if we did get on board later than 11:30.

We are doing $150 for the sound tech and bringing our own music. I asked why i could not bring an ipod speaker and play it myself and she said that is against the rules. She was not very friendly or helpful.

HMMM my cruise leaves at 4:30 so i wonder if they could fit in a two hour reception fully.......guess i will find out. But ya i doubt you will get any money back if the reception was cut short!

My cruise leaves at 5:30 but they need to get guest off so they can do muster drill. If you leave earlier you might have less time because muster drill might be earlier. I would check into that.

OMGossssssssssh.. This is Different BUT i LOVE it!!!!!!! U are so right there arent alot of RCCL Reviews :( Well Im glad U are doing this for the Other RCCL and then Just Cruise Brides too.. Thanks for taking time out already to start your review and for doing a Review at all... :D Ok now im going to read and learn something new for today.. hugs

Thank you for popping over and posting. I have been following all your post for a while you are so active on here.

It is crazy. They were great with communication in the beginning and got worse as I got closer. I will keep everyone posted. I am going on the fact that previous post say once you get on board everything goes perfect.

She simply stated that the one hour starts at the ceremony and how we want to spend the rest of the hour is up to us but the time can not be divided up.

She said the earliest we could start the wedding was 12:30. we decided on 1 to start since I did not want to be rushed and if we did get on board later than 11:30.

We are doing $150 for the sound tech and bringing our own music. I asked why i could not bring an ipod speaker and play it myself and she said that is against the rules. She was not very friendly or helpful.

Ok so with the sound technician do you get a microphone? hmmm this is tricky have you assigned someone to do the annoucements (first dance, coming into the room?) i dont mind doing that but i guess you have to make sure your ipod plays songs in the exact order SIGH!! so stressful!!! i cant imagine what you are feeling!! I guess i will wait for your review and ask you one million questions then you will know the answer!

My cruise leaves at 5:30 but they need to get guest off so they can do muster drill. If you leave earlier you might have less time because muster drill might be earlier. I would check into that.

Ya you are right! If we are leaving at 4:30 they might have the wedding start at 12:00 the latest! Which we would only have 30 mins to get ready! STRESS! LOL

Ladies, mailmamma (fldogmassage, this is where we originally met, remember?) on another board gave the rundown on the wedding preliminary: port at 10:30, load, holding, two rooms; one for bride one for groom. Other guests were set up in a lounge area to wait for the ceremony to begin (that's not bad). I suppose that is where they serve them the "Welcome beverage" (do you think?). Pre-photos taken of the bride preparing for her day (nice touch). Then the officiant talks to the bride and groom (YIKES HE SEES US BEFORE THE ACTUAL WALK DOWN THE ISLE; do you think we can change this somehow?) The ceremony is about 15 mintues, more pics taken with bride and groom, family, friends, etc. Then bride and groom are taken away to take pics around the ship. This is where it gets foggy for me! If we have only 1 hour for reception, and only 1 hour with photographer, then we are losing time with our guests who will disembark shortly after we are finished with the photographer. Oh, and the 2 hour Formal Luncheon is no longer available on the Oasis and Allure says my paperwork which was given to me after fldogmassage was given her paperwork. I have lots of questions because of this time problem, I have 44 guests, 23 cruisers, I want to spend some time with my non-cruising guests who are flying in as far as Texas for the 15 minute wedding! NO COMMUNICATION since the email with the final selection paperwork. I will wait a few weeks, I am within the 60 day mark too. But if they wait unit the 45 mark and say ASAP, I going to ask them where they were 15 days ago!

What if you did the Hors de.....then you would have the full two hours you want? Your lucky you are under 50 we might not be so lucky and have over 50 and have to get the luncheon :(

Really :) Yeah I live on here, lol...Oh No Problem, I LOVE to read and Learn something my self, and its always good to Give back U get evenmore Blessings that way...

But Honey!!!! Im glad they finally called U, BC I was getting MAD like it is MY Wedding.. That would make anyone feel uneasy U know?? But moving foward now, Im glad thats over..

So i have learned that yalls 8x10 is Cheaper then ours ($30ea & I think the 5x7 are $10)

The Wedding Package Im trying to see how they differ.. No Shhhhhh here (its all public ) but I think the package we got was like 1,6something and that was with the Open Bar..

A Big Difference I do see is MOST of Carnival Packages allow U and Ur Partner plus 18 more... THEN its like a $22 or higher (depending on ur package) more for each person.. and over the Count of 50 people then that extra fee of $150 for an extra cord to help out the first one...

Here is the Break down of the Welcome Aboard Package from Carnival:

Priority check-in for the bridal couple and their guests, a local Wedding

Officiant, A Wedding Coordinator to work solely with you and your guests, Photographer (Wedding photos/

packages available for purchase separately onboard) Photography service includes the ceremony, reception, with

various portraits taken around the ship and studio, Ideal wedding location, Romantic wedding set up, Selection

of Wedding Vows and Poems/Readings, Recorded ceremony music, 8-Rose Bridal Bouquet with matching Rose

Boutonniere for the groom *(Flowers may vary based on some locations,

where tropical arrangements will be substituted for roses. Additional

flower options are available, as an upgrade). One-Hour Open bar with

selection of hot and cold hors d’ oeuvres, Champagne Toast, (1-set)

of etched “Our Wedding” champagne flutes, 2-Tiered Wedding Cake*

with keepsake topper. Cake Server and Coffee/Tea service provided.

A bottle of Sparkling Wine and Chocolate Covered strawberries for the

bride and groom’s stateroom. (Additional items available upon request,

such as unity candle lighting ceremony, additional flowers, etc. Inquire

with your Wedding Agent for more details) *2-Tiered Wedding Cake

provided up to a maximum of 50 guests. Based on number of guests,

a 3-Tier or 4-Tier Wedding Cake will be provided. This package will

accommodate up to 20 guests, including the Bride and Groom.

Additional guests may attend at the extra cost of $22.00 per

person (Subject to applicable State Sales Tax). Package fees

pertain to all attendees.

* We also Order the Video & DJ..

how would you compare this to your package? And at the end of the Day I KNOW your day will be Beautiful, NO matter all the Headache they gave you :( Smiles from here on out :D

Thank you for popping over and posting. I have been following all your post for a while you are so active on here.

It is crazy. They were great with communication in the beginning and got worse as I got closer. I will keep everyone posted. I am going on the fact that previous post say once you get on board everything goes perfect.

Ok so with the sound technician do you get a microphone? hmmm this is tricky have you assigned someone to do the annoucements (first dance, coming into the room?) i dont mind doing that but i guess you have to make sure your ipod plays songs in the exact order SIGH!! so stressful!!! i cant imagine what you are feeling!! I guess i will wait for your review and ask you one million questions then you will know the answer!

I can not believe I forgot to ask that question. I will let you knwo when I find out.Which might not be til I get on board. On the ipod you can set a playlist and it will play in the right order. We are going to bring ipod and cd for back up

Really :) Yeah I live on here, lol...Oh No Problem, I LOVE to read and Learn something my self, and its always good to Give back U get evenmore Blessings that way...

But Honey!!!! Im glad they finally called U, BC I was getting MAD like it is MY Wedding.. That would make anyone feel uneasy U know?? But moving foward now, Im glad thats over..

So i have learned that yalls 8x10 is Cheaper then ours ($30ea & I think the 5x7 are $10)

The Wedding Package Im trying to see how they differ.. No Shhhhhh here (its all public ) but I think the package we got was like 1,6something and that was with the Open Bar..

A Big Difference I do see is MOST of Carnival Packages allow U and Ur Partner plus 18 more... THEN its like a $22 or higher (depending on ur package) more for each person.. and over the Count of 50 people then that extra fee of $150 for an extra cord to help out the first one...

Here is the Break down of the Welcome Aboard Package from Carnival:

Priority check-in for the bridal couple and their guests, a local Wedding

Officiant, A Wedding Coordinator to work solely with you and your guests, Photographer (Wedding photos/

packages available for purchase separately onboard) Photography service includes the ceremony, reception, with

various portraits taken around the ship and studio, Ideal wedding location, Romantic wedding set up, Selection

of Wedding Vows and Poems/Readings, Recorded ceremony music, 8-Rose Bridal Bouquet with matching Rose

Boutonniere for the groom *(Flowers may vary based on some locations,

where tropical arrangements will be substituted for roses. Additional

flower options are available, as an upgrade). One-Hour Open bar with

selection of hot and cold hors d’ oeuvres, Champagne Toast, (1-set)

of etched “Our Wedding

” champagne flutes, 2-Tiered Wedding Cake*

with keepsake topper. Cake Server and Coffee/Tea service provided.

A bottle of Sparkling Wine and Chocolate Covered strawberries for the

bride and groom’s stateroom. (Additional items available upon request,

such as unity candle lighting ceremony, additional flowers, etc. Inquire

with your Wedding Agent for more details) *2-Tiered Wedding Cake

provided up to a maximum of 50 guests. Based on number of guests,

a 3-Tier or 4-Tier Wedding Cake will be provided. This package will

accommodate up to 20 guests, including the Bride and Groom.

Additional guests may attend at the extra cost of $22.00 per

person (Subject to applicable State Sales Tax). Package fees

pertain to all attendees.

* We also Order the Video & DJ..

how would you compare this to your package? And at the end of the Day I KNOW your day will be Beautiful, NO matter all the Headache they gave you :( Smiles from here on out :D

Thank you for feeling like it was your wedding and for posting the package I was wondering...

Since I have booked the package has changed. It cost more money now I do not know if they include anything else. I paid $2295 for:

Priority check-in for the bridal couple and their guests

 Escort for the bridal couple by their Royal Romance Wedding Coordinator from the pier to their stateroom

 Ideal wedding location onboard a Royal Caribbean International ship

 Romantic Wedding Ceremony

 Royal Romance Wedding Officiant

 Personal Wedding Coordinator in attendance during the ceremony

 Romantic, recorded ceremony music

 Classic bridal bouquet with nine stems of beautiful white roses. A crisp, neatly tied white ribbon adds the finishing touch

 Groom's boutonniere with single matching bloom

 Keepsake Royal Romance marriage certificate

 Four (4) delectable Royal Romance chocolate covered toasting strawberries for bridal couple

 Bottle of sparkling wine

 Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony, strawberries and sparkling wine toast (one hour). Photos are not included. Photo packages are offered onboard and can be viewed by accessing http://www.image.com

 Newly Wed Breakfast in bed with a bottle of Moet & Chandon

The package is for 25 guest (This was an issue I had because I emailed them and have an email back that says the bride and groom are not included. The extra $150 wedding coordinator fee would be for 26 plus guest not including bride and groom. Then they tried charging me for 27 people with an extra WC. But I got that fixed today.

After this you have to pick which package you want for food. I picked the $48 per person and it included open bar. Could have done same package for $40 no bar service.

What is the initial cost for the wedding? And how much for food or is the food and drink included? Im a little confused sorry long day.

There are three prices for the cake depending on size 80, 120 and I forget the third price.

Edited by fldogmassage

I can not believe I forgot to ask that question. I will let you knwo when I find out.Which might not be til I get on board. On the ipod you can set a playlist and it will play in the right order. We are going to bring ipod and cd for back up

For our wedding on Allure we had a CD of the playlist and order of everything we wanted played. We also put all the songs on my iPhone just in case the CD's didnt work. The DJ can use your iPod to play music. They should provide a microphone but I would double check to make sure there is one. There is no MC so you would have to have someone announce everything and tell the DJ what to exactly do.

fldogmassage~ Lol that's FINE, I understand those long days.. With that prices the food & Open Bar (for an hour)does come with that prices.. lol And you could have asked me I don't mind sharing :) I do love some of the other Items that you get.. But it is a Nice size Price difference.. I'm SOOOOOO glad U are doing this Review and opening up(which U didn't have to) and sharing with us.. Your Info with Royal, and Mines with Carnival May help Some other Brides & Grooms down the road.

Now Im just sitten back waiting for the rest of this review *=*, I know its gonna be soo good....

For our wedding on Allure we had a CD of the playlist and order of everything we wanted played. We also put all the songs on my iPhone just in case the CD's didnt work. The DJ can use your iPod to play music. They should provide a microphone but I would double check to make sure there is one. There is no MC so you would have to have someone announce everything and tell the DJ what to exactly do.

Thank you

I am calling it the "rehearsal dinner" Even though there will be no rehearsal. Well, excpet for my 8 month old daughter who hopefully will cooperate that day and if not may end up on Americas funniest video. My 10 year old SIL and 14 year old nephew will attempt to hold her hand and walk her down the isle.

I did buy her a wagon and covers in our wedding colors. However she already walking and does not want to sit still for anything. She has never had sugar but you would have never guessed. I will have them practice walking with her.We also paid $50 for a flower girl basket.

We are hosting the dinner the night before at a pizza place on the intercoastal. This way we can sit outside and enjoy the water. Hopefully it will not be too hot as I am having my hair wash and cut Saturday so on Sunday my girl just has to style.

The dinner is for the out of town people which happens to be all but one of our siblings and out parents. So 20 of our 25 guest will be at the dinner.

I arranged a set menu and since it is the day before mothers day I am ordering a special cake to surprise all the moms and thank them for celebrating with us on their day.

I really like this idea. I did not think about dinner the night before. The hotel said they would accommodate allowing dinner to be delivered and we could dine in the lobby with my guests. I am still thinking about that. I may just make it an impromptu, have everyone order from their favorite place and bring it back to hotel so we can all sit and eat together. Getting us all in one place would be crazy on a Saturday night!