New Orleans to Citiviccia Italy in 2014?

TwoBy2

IN April 2013 there were cruises available from New Orleans to Citiviccia...since 2014 schedule was not ready, we assumed the same cruise with adjusted dates would be available in the Spring of 2014. I cannot find any cruises to citiviccia ...are they gone, or are they just not posted yet?

IN April 2013 there were cruises available from New Orleans to Citiviccia...since 2014 schedule was not ready, we assumed the same cruise with adjusted dates would be available in the Spring of 2014. I cannot find any cruises to citiviccia ...are they gone, or are they just not posted yet?

This year, the ship that sailed from New Orleans to the Caribbean was the Star. This April, at the end of the season, it is repositioning to Europe.

Next year, the Jewel will be the ship that sails from NOLA to the Caribbean. In April 2014, it will reposition to Alaska.

That is why you see no European destination in 2014 from NOLA.

I didn't realize the routes changed on a yearly basis. No cruises to Rome, then?

Guess Spain will have to do!

You can come close. Remember, the repositioned ships settle in for the season in Europe.

Thus, the Transatlantic (T/A) cruise to Barcelona, for example, will immediately begin a Westerm Med cycle.

You could book the T/A back to back with a 7 day Med cruise that covers Italy... stay on the ship in the same cabin... and get to see Italy.

2014 Star is going from Miami to Copenhagen and starting Baltic routes for the summer. Many on our TA next year are doing B2B with the first Baltic route after the TA. Won't be as warm as the Med. Last year we lucked out with no rain at all and 70's & 80's ever day. I think RCI tends to have more ships and routes in the Med so more TA options to Rome. But even they only go to Barcelona from NOLA and that's already a 16 day TA.

Archived