How many cruises are booked in your future?

Villamania

Just wondering - I have been reading these boards for about a year now and I have seen so many people who have B2B or more than 1 cruise confirmed in their future... how many do you have?

We have 2 in the next 8 months - first time ever. This is not the norm - thanks to my very generous in-laws, we are not covering the cost of the December voyage (although personal expenses for a family of 5 can add up). :eek:

Curious how many multi-anual-cruisers are out there? How do you do it? Time off of work, retired, just can't stay away from the high seas etc?

How many do you do in a calendar year?

We just returned and have a second booked. We normally do Disney every Easter and this year decided to go on a cruise. From the saving of cruise compared to Disney we booked a second cruise and still spent overall equal or less to about 1/2 the days in Disney. So basically 6 days in Disney for $XXXX and 2 Cruises on CCL for same price $XXXX . Thats how we did it. Time wise we use work personal time or vacation time for time off. Were already looking for Easter 7 day cruise now either Dream PC or Legend Tampa.

New to the hooked on cruising club.....

8 by next year May, but if I find a bargain .. Im so gone. I had a couple cancelled, or I would have more booked.

6 to 8 a year, but I prefer doing smaller Carnival cruises where I can drive.. not so many like this where I have to fly. After this I am cutting back on ones I have to fly to.

I like my little carnival cruises I can drive to out of NOLA or Galveston.

I try to do one with the spouse during the school year and one with the kid(s) in summer. Last year I took four. I just scrambled at work, got people to cover my stuff, went crazy working double time, and made it happen. I'll never do it again!! If I have more than one booked it's because I have a Future Cruise Deposit I want to place.

We live in MN - driving to Miami in June to sail on the Breeze... thinking about driving in December to Port Canavera for the RCCL FOSl. Having 2 teenagers and 1 young adult... likely will make for a long drive. Wished we lived closer. Airfare is outrageous.

This is what makes me wonder how you all can do it!

I have two booked in the future. One is a CTN that isn't costing me any vacation time as it's over a weekend and I'm flexing out the Friday. The other I'm taking a week off for to Alaska.

We also just got back from the Bahamas in January. So that will be three in one year or four in about a year and a half. Probably won't be able to do that again though....:(

I only have 1 booked at the moment. :eek: But I'm planning a cruise with some friends from church for this fall (a quick 3 or 4 day Bahamas), so when that one gets booked, I would have had 3 cruises this year. I do 1-2 per year, depending on if I'd prefer a land trip over a cruise. I get 3 weeks of paid vacation per year, but I work in the airline industry and more or less make my own schedule. I could easily manage to have a week off every month for a cruise if I wanted. :D Not having to pay for a plane ticket to the port is a major expense I don't have to worry about. Currently I'm looking at Alaska for 2014. That will probably be my only cruise next year, as it will be pricey, and I'm thinking about a winter land trip to South America instead of a winter cruise. :)

I have two booked in the future. One is a CTN that isn't costing me any vacation time as it's over a weekend and I'm flexing out the Friday. The other I'm taking a week off for to Alaska.

We also just got back from the Bahamas in January. So that will be three in one year or four in about a year and a half. Probably won't be able to do that again though....:(

I'm sailing with you on the CTN!!

Just wondering - I have been reading these boards for about a year now and I have seen so many people who have B2B or more than 1 cruise confirmed in their future... how many do you have?

We have 2 in the next 8 months - first time ever. This is not the norm - thanks to my very generous in-laws, we are not covering the cost of the December voyage (although personal expenses for a family of 5 can add up). :eek:

Curious how many multi-anual-cruisers are out there? How do you do it? Time off of work, retired, just can't stay away from the high seas etc?

Just did one last month and have another booked for June 30. Also, we are considering NCL Breakaway to Bermuda in Sept. So 2 are definite and 3 is likely. However, we are on sort of a cruise kick right now; this year is not the norm.

We DO take 2 or 3 trips a year though, mostly every year, although land based. Sometimes more if time and money allow. Last year we went to Las Vegas, Quebec City, Chicago, and a spent a week in Central Europe [Austria, Slovakia and Hungary]. We LOVE to travel [land, sea and rail] and are lucky enough to get generous vacation time from work. Also, the fact that we don't have kids plays a large part in our disposible income and time.

Only one currently booked for me! I'm hoping to do an Alaskan next year. I wish I could work it in to my finances to do more than one per year but I enjoy land travel as well. I guess I need to find a job that will give me more time off and a higher salary to fund my travel needs... :eek:

We've got a few planned right now. We're doing a re-positioning cruise on Jewel of the Seas next month, and possibly going on Bahamas Celebration in July.

Then I'll be flying solo with my buddies for our annual guys cruise on Carnival Fascination in September. I haven't done a pictorial on Fascination yet, so I'll be posting one over here when I get back.

After that we're doing Enchantment of the Seas in November, Brilliance of the Seas in December and our 5 year anniversary cruise on Independence of the Seas in January.

I have ten cruises booked right now out to January 2015, but the cruise lines keep messing with my pacific coastals, so I might cancel three cruises and replace it with just one, I'm also waiting for more 14/15 New Year's Eve cruises to be posted because I want to book one for then. I've worked for the same company for more than 25 years so I get 5+ weeks vacation per year. I'm going to try to cut down on cruising in 2015:o

Not everyone lookin on this forum is a frequent cruiser. We just have one booked for March of 2014 (Valor out of San Juan).

We have a son in high school and usually just do two vacations a year and sometimes one of those is just a mini trip (four nights/three days -- sometimes two one week trips). That's what works out for us both time and budget wise.

Here are plans for our next three vacations (vacation #2 for 2013 and our two vacations for 2014 (2014 is a little more exotic than usual for us vacation wise)

-- August 2013 is camping in Yellowstone National Park (just four nights)

-- Spring Break 2014 will be two nights in San Juan and a seven night cruise on the Valor

-- June 2014 will be a seven night / six day stay in Kauai, HI (Son's pick for his high school graduation / slightly higher vacation budget than normal to do something a little more exotic than normal for us

We'll have some extended family joining us on all three of these trips. Cruises are a very easy way to go with an extended family group I think. The big house and guest cottage in Kauai will work very well for that too.

(very excited to be cruising out of San Juan next year -- something we have thought would be fun to do for a long time, but only this year is timing, budget, etc. all working out for us.)

1982 Carnival Carnival

1992 NCL Seaward

2004 Carnival LIberty

2010 Carnval Glory

March of 2014 Carnival Valor from San Juan

Archived