LEGEND: Behind The Fun Tour?

Behind The Fun Tour is worth every penny! Best excursion ever if you enjoy cruising.

Lots of standing, walking, stairs, etc.

We have done the Behind the Fun Tour on both Legend and Dream, enjoyed every minute of it!

Very important to book as soon as you get on the ship, the tour is limited to 16 people and only conducted once or twice each cruise.

Was on it this week. Extraordinary value, even at $95/head.

About 3.5 hours, far & away the most extensive tour of a cruise ship I've ever seen. Plenty of opportunity to talk to managers of the various departments along the way. I won't give away the surprises & bonuses, but there are plenty ... I'm not usually a fan of ship-sponsored excursions, but this one is stunning. The small size means genuinely personal treatment, and the crew and staff were remarkably gracious at each station (especially considering they've taking time away from their regular duties to give a demo & tour of their individual part of the operation. There's a lot of pride among these staffers, and that's enjoyable to see in itself)

The earlier advice was spot-on: Book at the excursion desk on embarkation day, preferably early on.

And yes, there's a fair amount of walking, close quarters, some stairs, etc. ... probably not advisable for the mobility impaired, at least not those with serious impairments.

I learned so much about the running of a floating hotel and life on a ship, it was amazing.

Of course my favorite was the visit to the Bridge and meeting the captain on the Dream.......

They have one person who's job it is to stand for 8 hours scanning the horizon for debris and other ships from the bridge.

This tour will provide you much insite into life on a ship it is not all fun and games more like hard work and lost sleep!

I SO want to do this !!!!!! I am so jealous!!!

It is not accessible so I am unable to do it but I would love to see some pictures especially of the legend since we are sailing her in Oct!!!

Photos are not allowed during the tour, nor are cell phones.

I found it interesting doing the tour on the different size ships Legend vs Dream - it is like an entire different world down below where the crew functions.

After having done these tours, I have a better understanding of what it takes to run a floating hotel and it makes it so much easier to ignore the Carnival bashers!

Photos are not allowed during the tour, nor are cell phones.

I found it interesting doing the tour on the different size ships Legend vs Dream - it is like an entire different world down below where the crew functions.

After having done these tours, I have a better understanding of what it takes to run a floating hotel and it makes it so much easier to ignore the Carnival bashers!

Aww I didn't know photos were not allowed. Is that a security issue?

I SO wish I could do this!

I took the BTS tour on the Pride and enjoyed it. In the price there is some goodies included so it almost equaled out the price of the tour.

It will sell out quick so make sure to get it at the Shore Excursions desk as soon as you board/open. Must wear sneakers.

Be prepared to walk alot and stairs. I think we may have had 1 elevator ride and one little sit down break for about 10 minutes. Most of the crowd was mid 40s and above and no one seemed to be feeling any pain nor suffering.

You got to see things that use to be avaliable before 9/11 for free.

My husband didn't like that I bought the tickets but even he admitted he enjoyed it after the tour. He found it very informative and interesting and yes when they start bashing Carnival or any other cruise line you will understand where the cruise line is coming from also.

I just came back from the Breeze cruise and i did the tour and i love it....bc i had a ankle brace on they kept asking could i walk or take the stairs.... or did I want a seat in engineering....we took the elevator 3 times....I so love the tour....and would recommend it

Just curious as to:

1. Cost/Duration?

2. Where to register, guest services, excursion desk?

Thanks!

Hey Shoto, thank you for asking this, good tip! I think we will book this, good use of a sea day.

I met you in Channelside, (Maggie and Jeff) we'll leave her clean for you in Venice, yeah right!

6 days to Barcelona!!!

Thank you for your service sir, regards Jeff

Archived