All inclusive drinks package?

witkins

Consider the spirits and wine to be 'un-branded', both of low quality but drinkable if with a mixer, or in the case of the wine if it is white. The red wine we found too poor to be drinkable.

As noted earlier in this thread we elected to buy a bottle of wine in the evenings and took advantage of the 50% discount. It was not that the white wine was undrinkable, we were perfectly happy with it at lunch times, but in the evening we prefer something a little crisper than the wine that was being served.

Worth noting perhaps, there was no variation in the wine offered, it remained the same each day.

There were recognisable brands of beer on the included list, I'll see if I can locate it later today.

Thanks for that info Mark T, if there is a 50% discount on their decent wines then that is what we will drink with our evening meal.

We will try the other drinks I do like the occasional G & T but I bet you can tell the difference between good and bad brands.

My husband enjoys a beer.

All we can do is try the drinks package and if it doesn't work for us then we won't do it again.

Susan

We will try the other drinks I do like the occasional G & T but I bet you can tell the difference between good and bad brands.

Yes, it is noticeable, but after adding the tonic it was not too bad and we tended to have the AI G+T only after dinner and after a good bottle of wine :)

We had a bottle of Bombay in our suite so we always drank that before dinner with the canapés.

Yes, it is noticeable, but after adding the tonic it was not too bad and we tended to have the AI G+T only after dinner and after a good bottle of wine :)

We had a bottle of Bombay in our suite so we always drank that before dinner with the canapés.

how did you manage to get bottle Bombay, did you bring it on with you - we are in a suite and looking forward to the canapés and bottle of wine they give you

how did you manage to get bottle Bombay, did you bring it on with you - we are in a suite and looking forward to the canapés and bottle of wine they give you

You can order spirits using the form in the cabin or the interactive TV system, we paid £24 for the Bombay Sapphire, more expensive than the duty free to take home at the end of the trip, but cheaper than the mini-bar prices.

The sparkling wine they put in the suite as part of the welcome pack was drinkable, but not champagne by any means :)

Worth remembering that anything from the mini-bar is not covered by the AI package so you will be paying for your tonics from the mini-bar at 95p each.

You can order spirits using the form in the cabin or the interactive TV system, we paid £24 for the Bombay Sapphire, more expensive than the duty free to take home at the end of the trip, but cheaper than the mini-bar prices.

The sparkling wine they put in the suite as part of the welcome pack was drinkable, but not champagne by any means :)

Worth remembering that anything from the mini-bar is not covered by the AI package so you will be paying for your tonics from the mini-bar at 95p each.

champagne can only be called champagne if made in the region of champagne - Spanish Cava poor man's champagne is just as nice in my opinion. I drink Rose wine or Martell so fingers crossed ;) - tip well and you get a good measure or the drink of your choice

tip well and you get a good measure or the drink of your choice

A principle I follow at all times in most countries, but on board Fred, you will not be tipping before the end of the cruise.

The bar receipt that you sign is never inflated with a service charge nor is there any suggestion of a need to tip at the time, or for that matter anywhere to write a tip on the receipt either. Service is always happy, friendly and polite.

Tips at the recommended level for cabin stewardess and waiter will be added to your account towards the end of the cruise, of course if you want to have that removed and tip in person at the end that is fine too, as is tipping your favorite bar staff if you wish.

I can truly say that the quality of service and the 'family' atmosphere puts quite a few more expensive lines to shame.

Found out today that they are asking £19.99/person/day for the AI on our next cruise in November.

Frankly, for us it just isn't worth it..

Just got 2014 brochure from Fred at they quote £6.99 per person per day for all inclusive on all cruises except world voyages. As for quality of the spirits,it is reported in today's papers that Aldi's own label gin (at £9.65 for 70cl) got silver medal in the International Spirits Awards 2013. Bombay Sapphire (at £21 ) only managed bronze medal. Price has obviously nothing to do with quality!

Just got 2014 brochure from Fred at they quote £6.99 per person per day for all inclusive on all cruises except world voyages.

If they hold to that level then it is more than reasonable for most people I'd have thought.

It does beg the question as to why the large variation, I wonder if they have raised prices across the board to make up the difference?

As for quality of the spirits,it is reported in today's papers that Aldi's own label gin (at £9.65 for 70cl) got silver medal in the International Spirits Awards 2013. Bombay Sapphire (at £21 ) only managed bronze medal. Price has obviously nothing to do with quality!

'quality' is very subjective in these matters as taste is a rather personal thing. Also I wouldn't assume that what they are serving on board is as good as the Aldi product :)

Just got 2014 brochure from Fred at they quote £6.99 per person per day for all inclusive on all cruises except world voyages.

We were told today that the £6.99 figure is a limited time offer, no idea when it will end though so if it is of interest I'd be inclined to lock it in when you book the cruise just in case.

We were told today that the £6.99 figure is a limited time offer, no idea when it will end though so if it is of interest I'd be inclined to lock it in when you book the cruise just in case.

Cheers never read the small print will look into it, Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think we'll bother with the AI package as none of us drink spirits, the men drink beer & wine, but we like decent wine,with the occasional cocktail. Apparently the HOHO bus is £12.50 p.p. We are hoping to do an independant tour which includes Coastal route; Giants Causeway; photo stops at Carrig-a-rede rope bridge and Dunluce Castle & a short tour of Belfast before returning to the ship for £35 p.p.

If enough people book that is, so fingers crossed - I have posted on the Roll Call if anyone wants contact details for tour operator.

We also paid £179 but for outside cabins, which is half the price quoted in the brochure.

Just hope they have managed to eradicate Noro virus as that would be a disaster on a 3-day cruise.

...but we like decent wine,with the occasional cocktail...

It probably isn't worth it for you, but don't forget to include in your calculations that you'll get 50% off the wine and cocktails that are not included in the package.

It sounds like lots of you have tried our All Inclusive Package. Our guests experiences and opinions are important to us and your comments will be passed to the relevant department within Head Office here at Fred. Olsen.

For up to date information on our All Inclusive Drinks Package please visit

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/Cruise-Extras/Cruise-Extras/All-Inclusive-Package

Don't forget to like us on Facebook and share your experiences with us https://www.facebook.com/fredolsencruiselines

Regards

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

Can anybody tell me, does the house wine offered in the all-inclusive include a rosé? Not a deal breaker, but I prefer that for a daytime glass.

Thanks

Phoned FO yesterday and they confirmed they have a house rosé included in the AI - can't remember the name - did send an email as I would like it in writing

Pepsi/diet pepsi is included in the AI - which I can't drink, diet coke is not, and has to be paid for - they said I could take my own diet coke on board, however I can't take it into the bars - thats fine, I can open a can let it go flat and it will do for my cabin to settle the stomach - for sea sickness :eek:

Can anybody tell me, does the house wine offered in the all-inclusive include a rosé? Not a deal breaker, but I prefer that for a daytime glass.

Thanks

The Rose wine currently include in our all inclusive drinks package is Roc D'Opale Rose.

Regards

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

Archived