Coffee and Tea room service

LadyGrizz

When you call room service in the am how long does it usually take for them to get to your room?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You don't call RS in the am, you will be given a continental breakfast menu that you hang on your door the night before. You specify what time you want them to bring it to you.

I found it odd to sign for complimentary room service as well. However, I imagine it is just a way to keep track of orders. We ordered several times on our last cruise and it was on our end of the cruise statement of charges...but the charge was always 0.00. If you order a beer, mixed drink, soda, etc there is a charge.

Only reason I ask is because I usually don't set a alarm clock when on vacation so I don't really know exactly what time I will be up

If you don't want to use the order form the night before then you can call in the morning when you get up. I've never done it this way so don't have any idea of how long it would take. Guessing twenty or thirty minutes.

If you take cream, it is half and half and is in little pitchers. They are very skimpy on the packets of sugar, usually it is 3 of each kind for a carafe of coffee. You can always bring extra back to the room from the Lido, or ask for more.

If you run out of tip money, you can put it on your sign and sail card.

Melanie

Carnival did call one time, when I didn't answer the door. I think he lightly tapped on it and I didn't hear it. It would be great if they called first but I understand how busy they are so they don't. I now set my alarm clock to wake up the earliest time I had put on the card.

Melanie

Maybe a dumb question...but...do you have the room service waiter bring your food into your cabin for you? I have always met him at the door, taken the tray, signed the slip and tipped him all right at the door to the cabin...am I supposed to let him in to put the tray down??

It has always depended on what condition I was in. If i was still lying in bed, dh would meet at the door, take the tray and tip.

Most of the time, we will open the door, allow the person to set the tray down on the table and then sign and tip. Those trays can be very heavy. If you open the door and stand there, they will take that as they are not welcome in. If you open the door and say "come in" they will bring the tray inside and set it down for you. This is the easiest way at least for us most of the time.

I usually let them in - even when travelling solo - my 'breakfast' looks huge ha ha ha - like 3 trays (fruit/bagel/smoked salmon = 3 different platters) - then coffee/creamer etc.....you'd think it was breakfast for 5 when it arrives! And yes it is heavy - don't want to chance stumbling around half awake trying to find a spot to place it.

...and yes the NIGHT before - I do clear off the 'table' and prepare the tip - way easier that way when just waking up and having to answer the door, etc.! :D

I've never ordered breakfast from room service....what do you get when you order Danish? Is it always the same kind, an assortment, etc?

I have actually 'written' in my preferred choice of cinammon danish - but I would guess you would most likely get an assortment unless they run out of one type or another? :)

Yes one of my favorite perks is ordering room service every morning for a pot of coffee and a couple of Danish to start the day off!:D

Same here. That's where that balcony comes in handy. ;)

Our own little nook to begin the day.

I'm a hot tea drinker and I'm not even happy with the (very) hot water from the dispensers. The water in the carafe is not nearly hot enough to make a proper cup of tea. But I'm very picky about my tea! The water should be boiling!!

And, yes, you have to ask for milk and sugar.

I'm a morning person anyway, so I just get up and go to the buffet to get my first cup. Then I get my second cup and get in line for my omelet. Then I get my third cup to go find somewhere to sit and read.

Archived