New Webcam ~ Port Bermuda

emmy

Great! Thanks Emmy. No one knows more about ports cams than you do!:)

:D :D that's because I have been watching since Aug 2010 when they only had the 1 webcam in Port Everglades

Everyone is most welcome. Bermuda and the color of the water looks very inviting.

Emmy, you will be in for a real treat when you go to Bermuda. We have been going every year since 1991. There used to be a live web Cam in St. George's that I always watched but it "went dark" when the ships stopped going through the Town Cut into St; George's which was about 3 years or so ago.:(

Tonight I watched and they had zoomed in on the exit and enter area of the ship. There were quite a few people gathered aroud and some of them seemed to be carrying some sort of stick with a plume on it. I realized they were Gombeys so they must have put on a show for the people. Saw them get in a minivan and leave, then the crowds disburssed. Some never get a chance to see the Gombeys.

0d2f0ff9.jpg d8f4092b.jpg

Emmy, you will be in for a real treat when you go to Bermuda. We have been going every year since 1991. There used to be a live web Cam in St. George's that I always watched but it "went dark" when the ships stopped going through the Town Cut into St; George's which was about 3 years or so ago.:(

Tonight I watched and they had zoomed in on the exit and enter area of the ship. There were quite a few people gathered aroud and some of them seemed to be carrying some sort of stick with a plume on it. I realized they were Gombeys so they must have put on a show for the people. Saw them get in a minivan and leave, then the crowds disburssed. Some never get a chance to see the Gombeys.

0d2f0ff9.jpg d8f4092b.jpg

Hopefully get there on Quantum of the Seas. Thanks for the photos

Quite happy to share the link to the new webcam in Bermuda. Great job once again by PTZtv.

Great link!!!! Kudos to those who set it up!!!!! Simply awesome!!!!!!!!!

.... keeping an eye on the dockyard as we will be leaving in TWO weeks today!!!! :)

Great link!!!! Kudos to those who set it up!!!!! Simply awesome!!!!!!!!!

.... keeping an eye on the dockyard as we will be leaving in TWO weeks today!!!! :)

The amazing color of the water. Explorer of the Seas left New York area yesterday and will be visible in Bermuda tomorrow.

Thanks for the webcam goes to PTZtv

http://www.ptztv.com/

The amazing color of the water. Explorer of the Seas left New York area yesterday and will be visible in Bermuda tomorrow.

Thanks for the webcam goes to PTZtv

But without you none of us would have known about it.

But without you none of us would have known about it.

Thank you. :):)

When I love something and know it is high quality it is hard not to share with other cruise ship addicted people :) Not only are the webcams quality but so are the cam operators Lou and David and that is evidenced by the countless waves they do especially on the Port Everglades webcam to give cruisers their 5 seconds of fame and to connect to family and friends back home who are watching them sail away.

I just noticed that this thread was moved to the Bermuda board. Poor move. Most of us would never know about this cam if we didn't find it before the move. And many others will never find it now.

Yes agree. I guess I should have included RCI in the thread title. I had already started another thread here

Edited by emmy

Quite happy to share the link to the new webcam in Bermuda. Great job once again by PTZtv.

Hi Emmt from a fellow Canadian. Do they do close up shots on the web can in NJ. We are going on the Celebrity Sunnit May 5 to Bermuda. We have a large group of people doing the sail away. We all love our 15 min. Lol they did it for our last cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Emmt from a fellow Canadian. Do they do close up shots on the web can in NJ. We are going on the Celebrity Sunnit May 5 to Bermuda. We have a large group of people doing the sail away. We all love our 15 min. Lol they did it for our last cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

I have seen them do some closeups of the ships leaving out of NY. The cam location is not as close however. Check out the weekend sailings out of NY and watch to get an idea.

OMG how great was that!!! Just watched the Explorer of the Seas come in. Whoever is working the cam is doing a terrific job!

Long time fan of the webcams and enjoy New York, Port Canaveral and Miami but I have to say this one tops them all!

Kudos to all of you.

P.S. Also have to say that turning this on early morning, watching the sun rise and listening to the tree frogs - can't beat it!

Edited by patter44
Revision

OMG how great was that!!! Just watched the Explorer of the Seas come in. Whoever is working the cam is doing a terrific job!

Long time fan of the webcams and enjoy New York, Port Canaveral and Miami but I have to say this one tops them all!

Kudos to all of you.

P.S. Also have to say that turning this on early morning, watching the sun rise and listening to the tree frogs - can't beat it!

What a sight.. huh???? watched the Carnival Splendor come and go yesterday...... simply awesome web site......

.In two weeks we will be hearing the tree frogs for real.....

I have been watching this, and only got sound for a little while yesterday morning. Do they control the sound, when someone is operating the webcam? I noticed that sometimes it stays stationary for long times, like last night, on the construction area of the wharf. I am hoping to be able to dock at the new wharf, May 12th, on NCL Dawn, but not so sure we will be able to. Tendering doesnt bother me, I have done it before, but certainly would be nicer to just come and go more easily.

I have been watching this, and only got sound for a little while yesterday morning. Do they control the sound, when someone is operating the webcam? I noticed that sometimes it stays stationary for long times, like last night, on the construction area of the wharf. I am hoping to be able to dock at the new wharf, May 12th, on NCL Dawn, but not so sure we will be able to. Tendering doesnt bother me, I have done it before, but certainly would be nicer to just come and go more easily.

I have sound......sounds like they are driving pilings for the pier.... and someone must be manning the webcam...it panned out yesterday when the Slpendor was leaving....awesome!!!!!

I have sound......sounds like they are driving pilings for the pier.... and someone must be manning the webcam...it panned out yesterday when the Slpendor was leaving....awesome!!!!!

Patty yes they often set the webcam to pan the whole port area. During sail away times Lou and or David will control the cam for close up views and to follow the ship as she sails away. Glad you are enjoying it as much as I do :) :)