Paradise in 8 days, 6 days for Daughter...EXHAUSTED

PatyCake

I need to get on that ship and sleep in the sun. I am already exhausted trying to get my house and pets prepared for the sitters. Paying bills 4 months ahead, sewing, packing, HURRY UP Paradise!!!

I need to decide which ship I will cruise home to Cozumel on, in August..any ideas? Cozumel needs to be the last port before returning to the States, as I will get off here and stay.

ummmm I don't think you can get off at Cozumel and just stay there.

Ummmmm...Yes you can. You just have to make arrangements ahead of time. You then meet with IMN (immigration)and Aduana (customs) before getting off. I know this for a fact. I actually moved to Cozumel by way of Carnival..LOL my stateroom was piled to the ceiling with moving boxes. Many times crew members will disembark here, clear IMN and then get on another ship the next day or so.

I will be boarding the Paradise from here in Cozumel, joining my Daughter and Grson who will board in Tampa. Again, especially since I am a resident of Mexico, I will have to meet with Immigration 1 hour prior to sailing.

Ummmmm...Yes you can. You just have to make arrangements ahead of time. You then meet with IMN (immigration)and Aduana (customs) before getting off. I know this for a fact. I actually moved to Cozumel by way of Carnival..LOL my stateroom was piled to the ceiling with moving boxes. Many times crew members will disembark here, clear IMN and then get on another ship the next day or so.

I will be boarding the Paradise from here in Cozumel, joining my Daughter and Grson who will board in Tampa. Again, especially since I am a resident of Mexico, I will have to meet with Immigration 1 hour prior to sailing.

Thanks! I guess the saying is true, you learn something new every day!!!

1. No, no charge for my extra stuff, the only thing they said was that I had to leave room for the steward to move around and clean.

2. I used the ship because it was the CHEAPEST way to go. The cost of shipping would have been ALOT! We got a great military price out of Mobile at the time and it was only 45 minutes from my house in Pensacola. Used Daughters truck to Mobile, used a park and stay at a hotel, and she got the truck on her return.

I moved to Cozumel because my income after becoming disabled would not allow me to live even close to what I had before. $$$ stretches alot further here, especially if not living like a tourist.

This trip I am returning with my daughter to Tampa then flying to Atlanta. My summer will be split between my kids and Grkids...Atlanta, Ft Benning, Pensacola FL. Vermont, and Subic Bay Philippines. I need to return in August to finalize my "green card" or Permenent Residence in Cozumel. I can use any embark port it does not have to be Tampa.

I need to get on that ship and sleep in the sun. I am already exhausted trying to get my house and pets prepared for the sitters. Paying bills 4 months ahead, sewing, packing, HURRY UP Paradise!!!

I need to decide which ship I will cruise home to Cozumel on, in August..any ideas? Cozumel needs to be the last port before returning to the States, as I will get off here and stay.

The Imagination 4 night from Miami does Key West, Cozumel, a sea day and then back to Miami. This might be an option. Have a great summer and good luck!

Archived