If you used eZAir, check your reservations

K D cruiser

KD - thanks for the response. The problem for me is that once we get ticketed, we can't change or cancel without a fee and I wanted to have that flexibility. My friend also booked air with Princess and has BA, but she was able to get seats since her tickets are booked directly with BA rather than first with AA.

That's exactly the reason we did request early ticketing because I didn't want any changes. The flights we chose are perfect for us, so I hope United doesn't change anything.

The e-mail notice my travel agent forwarded to me from Princess showing a change to an earlier flight we don't want was dated before the reservation was ticketed. And, we also paid extra for the economy plus seating so I'm hoping United just leaves it alone.

I'll be checking United.com every day to make sure it hasn't changed and so far it still shows our original flight.

That's exactly the reason we did request early ticketing because I didn't want any changes. The flights we chose are perfect for us, so I hope United doesn't change anything.

The e-mail notice my travel agent forwarded to me from Princess showing a change to an earlier flight we don't want was dated before the reservation was ticketed. And, we also paid extra for the economy plus seating so I'm hoping United just leaves it alone.

I'll be checking United.com every day to make sure it hasn't changed and so far it still shows our original flight.

Well, I just had Princess email me the form to request early ticketing. She assured me that if I had to cancel, my Princess insurance would cover the cancellation.

Just booked EZAir flights for my cruise next March.

Restricted fare on United R/T non-stop Washington Dulles to FLL was 1/3 the cost of the same flights on the United website. :D

Paid for the filghts (flights ony - not the full cruise) and immediately got a United Booking number which I then used to go onto the United web site and select my seats.

The only way I'd need to cancel the flights would be if I needed to cancel the cruise and then my Princess Platinum insurance would cover both.

• 2 months later...

We booked flexible tickets with United through EzAir for our Alaska cruise this August, just checked our booking now in the cruise personalizer and our flights home are now via Dulles, Washington and not Newark, NJ. Checking on the United website, the flights were ticketed yesterday afternoon. One good thing is it gives us more connection time in Seattle.

We booked flexible tickets with United through EzAir for our Alaska cruise this August, just checked our booking now in the cruise personalizer and our flights home are now via Dulles, Washington and not Newark, NJ. Checking on the United website, the flights were ticketed yesterday afternoon. One good thing is it gives us more connection time in Seattle.

Our flights had minor time changes but I had applied my delta freq flier number so they emailed me every change and there haven't been any lately. It is disturbing that there have been reports of lots of flight delays and I hope it isn't an issue for us - we have connecting flights with 90 minutes between.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck on flying. On our cruise in May, our connecting flight had 45 minutes between so I figured we'd just hustle. First flight delayed, watching on flight as time between went down to 5 minutes. Got off the first flight, knocked 20 people over while dashing to other plane with DH behind me (not nice, I admit, but figured I'd do a body block at the plane door). Got there, breathless with a stitch in my side, DH too! Then, sat for 20 minutes while the place waited for other connecting flights. Oh well, LOL.

Lib

I have EZAir flexible flights on AA at an excellent price to LHR in October for a TA on the Crown that I paid for at the time of booking some months ago. Originally, the leg from my home airport gave me 2 hours between that one and the flight from MI to LHR. A few weeks ago I received an email from Princess showing that AA changed the flight time for the first leg and I will now have the unpleasant prospect of a 7 hour wait between flights in MI! I double checked on the Virtually There website, and that info concurs with the new 1st leg time change that Princess provided.

UGH!!! I am dreading the LONG wait in MI more than the flight from MI to LHR!! The boredom will be exhausting.

I have EZAir flexible flights on AA at an excellent price to LHR in October for a TA on the Crown that I paid for at the time of booking some months ago. Originally, the leg from my home airport gave me 2 hours between that one and the flight from MI to LHR. A few weeks ago I received an email from Princess showing that AA changed the flight time for the first leg and I will now have the unpleasant prospect of a 7 hour wait between flights in MI! I double checked on the Virtually There website, and that info concurs with the new 1st leg time change that Princess provided.

UGH!!! I am dreading the LONG wait in MI more than the flight from MI to LHR!! The boredom will be exhausting.

Airlines change scxhedules often these days, something that is out of Princess' control.

However, since AA made the change, contact them. They should be willing to make a change to your flights at no cost if there is a better schedule available for you.

I didn't know this could happen! Thanks for posting. We booked our tickets without going through EZ-air but this is good to know for the future!

EZair bookings as well as direct bookings with the airlines always have the possibility of changing. We have several flights that have had changes since our initial bookings and they were all booked directly with the airline.

I booked our air travel as soon as EZAir became available which was 12/8/2012. I paid for restricted which was more than Flexible (only about $300 more for the two of us), because to book Flexible the full cruise has to be paid for which I did not want to pay so far from our cruise in Oct 2013. The only problem with restricted is if you have to cancel for any reason, even medical, Princess insurance only refunds half of the airfare in cash and the other half in Cruise Credits.

I have a confirmed reservation on Air Berlin with seats assigned which flies direct from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf, Germany and then to Venice.

To get to the point, even though I booked through EZAir, my Cruise Personalizer has not been showing the booking, but I just checked and it now shows a booking but has the wrong airport. Fort Lauderdale instead of Fort Myers. I still have trouble finding our seat assignments and had to call Air Berlin and have e-mail me the confirmation with the seat assignments.

Gook Luck to EZAir users.

Bill

I booked our air travel as soon as EZAir became available which was 12/8/2012. I paid for restricted which was more than Flexible (only about $300 more for the two of us), because to book Flexible the full cruise has to be paid for which I did not want to pay so far from our cruise in Oct 2013. The only problem with restricted is if you have to cancel for any reason, even medical, Princess insurance only refunds half of the airfare in cash and the other half in Cruise Credits.

I have a confirmed reservation on Air Berlin with seats assigned which flies direct from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf, Germany and then to Venice.

To get to the point, even though I booked through EZAir, my Cruise Personalizer has not been showing the booking, but I just checked and it now shows a booking but has the wrong airport. Fort Lauderdale instead of Fort Myers. I still have trouble finding our seat assignments and had to call Air Berlin and have e-mail me the confirmation with the seat assignments.

Gook Luck to EZAir users.

Bill

I am confused. We booked flexible EzAir for our October TA on the Royal as soon as it was available. The flexible fare was a lot cheaper than the restricted fare. We didn't have to pay until we made the final payment for the cruise last week, though I was worried that the fare might increase. It didn't. We can still cancel without penalty up until 45 days of the cruise and still have protection with our platinum protection. Over the past year there have been some minor scheduling changes that did not significantly change anything. We liked EzAir Flexible fares so much that we booked another for our April, 2014 TA on the Emerald as soon as they became available.

Our cruise personalizer has always showed the flights for both cruises and we had no problem making our seat assignments.

I started this thread back in April and so far, so good. United did change the departure times by about 20 minutes, so no big deal. I still check United every day to make sure there are no major changes. I don't trust them to notify me.

Princess did send the changes to my travel agent and she forwarded them on to me. Good luck everyone and I'll report back when we return in September to let everyone know how things worked out using eZAir.

Archived