NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs on Splendor ??

swim25

The Stanley cup playoffs are going to go to about the end of June this year. We are going on the June 26th Splendor sailing. Will we be able to watch the finals on board if they are not over before then?

:confused:

I might suggest not expecting to see the NHL playoffs while cruising. We've been on several cruises in May while NHL playoffs were going on, like we will be again next month, but I won't be too disappointed the NHL playoffs probably won't be shown on as some NHL team I rout for has embarrassed us as fans this season, so my interest in the playoffs won't be at it's highest level, but I digress.

Unless things have changed on the ships since last season, about the only time you'll see hockey on the ships is when NBC broadcasts games on the weekend. During the week, one of the "other" NBC affiliates, like CNBC or CNBCHD has the games, and those stations are not typically part of the TV channels while onboard...again, unless thats changed. Only hockey I've been able to see cruising has been games on Saturdays or Sundays....unless I'm wandering around the Bayside Market in Miami and happen to notice the Hooters there is showing games on one if it's outside deck TV's...then again, another story.

I love hockey (Even though my sabres got officially eliminated last night) but I wouldn't expect to see games on board. Remember, Hockey is now behind Soccer in viewership in the US.

They may show the games on NBC in the finals, which was what you were asking about. But most likely only if it is on the weekend.

Archived