Regent Flights - with and without deviation

Travelcat2

I'm posting in the hopes that some newer posters will notice this sticky. I just read a thread where someone purchased their own airfare because they did not like how early Regent's flights left. Had they considered deviation, they could have chosen flights that had a schedule they preferred and it could have saved them $$$.

• 4 weeks later...

We are doing a deviation to fly Air New Zealand and to go early and stay longer at the end of our cruise from Auckland to Sydney in January. More importantly, we avoid the dreaded United Airlines - never again! $150 pp is very reasonable.

Edited by HalFan

We are doing a deviation to fly Air New Zealand and to go early and stay longer at the end of our cruise from Auckland to Sydney in January. More importantly, we avoid the dreaded United Airlines - never again! $150 pp is very reasonable.

That is a great deviation! Enjoy the flights.

• 1 month later...

I believe Regent does it's best to route a pax as well as possible. We are flying to Beijing in March and returning from Bangkok. Regent routed us as follows:

Montreal - Washington - Beijing on United.

Bangkok - Hong Kong - Toronto on Cathay Pacific

Toronto - Montreal on Air Canada

• 5 weeks later...

We have a reservation on Mariner for a Feb 2015 cruise. Does anyone know what airline will be used from LAX-Pappete?

Also, it looks like the majority of flights are overnights landing very early in the AM. Does anyone know how Regent handles boarding with a passengers arriving so early??

I have never had to pay more than the $150 deviation fee until getting flights for my next cruise which is Oct 29 - Nov 21 2014. Reservations are in Business Class due to suite, but Regent is charging me an extra $1000 per person because I am flying no stop on BA from Phoenix to London and then on to Istanbul and on BA from Dubai to London and then to Phoenix. Is becoming the norm? My TA said the last "free" flight was Delta thru Atlanta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It all depends on what Regent has pre-arranged. As we live in Tucson we have looked at that BA PHX - LHR flight and it is always expensive and there are rarely any award seats released. I'm guessing because it is such a unique offering BA doesn't need to make many deals to sell the seats, and cruise lines like Regent need to pay extra. If you consider what you would have to pay retail for those business class tickets then the $2000 for the two of you is pretty good.

Sound like good flights!

Also, if you live or fly out of Canada, there is no supplement on top of the deviation for using British Airways. We have great flights to Stockholm - returning from Copenhagen (Vancouver, B.C. is our closest airport even though we live in the U.S.).

The current charge for Air Deviation services is $175 USD per person.

I have been told by the Air Deviation department that any and all flights using Delta or code share partners will have an additional charge of $500 per person, per direction. So, if you like Delta it now costs an extra $2,000 per couple, on top of the BC upgrade fees.

The Delta surcharge started Jan 1 for the current contracts with Regent.

I had a similar experience trying to use Emirates with Regent....but it was $1,000 per person, per direction.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave my TA a couple of choices. We are flying DET to LAX on a non stop we wanted. On the return we are flying Air Tahitia and then chose a twelve hour layover in LAX vs one way too tight for my comfort level. So we have the Delta flights we want for 175.00 pp Now, I just have to find out how I can select seats. Oh, this is coach.

• 2 weeks later...

We are trying to get decent business class flights from Johannesburg to Vancouver in December 2014. We can fly Vancouver to Dubai on BA without a supplement but it would cost us $1700 per person to fly back with BA. They are offering us KLM but they don't seem to have lie-flat beds on that route and i can't handle those for the overnight flight from Johannesburg to Amsterdam. We are already paying 2000 per person per direction to upgrade to BC so don't want to add another 1700 pp.

They don't use South African Air at all which is too bad as that is the ideal routing back home.

I was told by Regent that any BC flights on Emirates incur a 1500 pp supplement each way.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone - It sounds as if you are not just paying deviation fees but also for the fare difference. You might want to clear that with Regents.

We just booked Lax to Rome and Venice to Lax. We chose the airline and the dates (Regents 1st choice was US Airways). We are flying LH outbound and Swiss on the return. We paid the deviation fee of $175.00 pp. I tried to book the airline tickets on my own but it was more expensive.

Airline through Regents was:

1100.00 for coach

1998.00 for business upgrade

175.00 deviation fee

---------

3273.00 Total for business ticket

I hope this clears it a little.

• 1 month later...

I am usually a "go with the flow" kind of person, but I am totally frustrated with our Regent Air Itinerary from Las Vegas to London Heathrow. We don't live in Las Vegas; it is the nearest major airport to where we live so we either have to drive 3 hours to get to McCarran or else stay overnight in Las Vegas to fly just about anywhere.

Our outbound flight is Las Vegas to Detroit where we change planes then go to Heathrow. I know there is a non-stop flight from Las Vegas to Heathrow that leaves an hour later and gets in London two hours earlier because we've flown that flight before. It is a very popular flight with tour groups.

When I called our TA he told me that if I wanted to deviate from our air itinerary (we are leaving Aug. 14), we'd have to pay the flight deviation fee plus the difference in airfare. Our TA also told me that, according to Regent, we have to arrive in London by at least noon. The flight with one stop in Detroit arrives in London at 11:05 a.m. while the non-stop flight arrives at 9:00 a.m.

On our way home we have the non-stop Heathrow to Las Vegas flight.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I am usually a "go with the flow" kind of person, but I am totally frustrated with our Regent Air Itinerary from Las Vegas to London Heathrow. We don't live in Las Vegas; it is the nearest major airport to where we live so we either have to drive 3 hours to get to McCarran or else stay overnight in Las Vegas to fly just about anywhere.

Our outbound flight is Las Vegas to Detroit where we change planes then go to Heathrow. I know there is a non-stop flight from Las Vegas to Heathrow that leaves an hour later and gets in London two hours earlier because we've flown that flight before. It is a very popular flight with tour groups.

When I called our TA he told me that if I wanted to deviate from our air itinerary (we are leaving Aug. 14), we'd have to pay the flight deviation fee plus the difference in airfare. Our TA also told me that, according to Regent, we have to arrive in London by at least noon. The flight with one stop in Detroit arrives in London at 11:05 a.m. while the non-stop flight arrives at 9:00 a.m.

On our way home we have the non-stop Heathrow to Las Vegas flight.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Dixie Deer,

I've checked the airline schedules and I think I see the problem. The nonstop from Las Vegas to Heathrow doesn't arrive until 3 pm which is too late if you arrive the day of cruise embarkation. The nonstop you want arrives at 9:20 am but it flies from Las Vegas to Gatwick. My guess is that Regent has only arranged transportation to Southampton from Heathrow and that may be why they didn't attempt to put you on the nonstop to Gatwick.

Personally, I'd never try to arrive on the first day of the cruise after a transatlantic flight. Too many things could go wrong. I suggest having your TA explore a deviation to the Heathrow nonstop leaving Las Vegas at 9:20 pm on August 13. You could stay overnight at Heathrow and, if Regent allows it, catch their included transportation to Southhampton on the 15th. Remember, you don't have to pay the deviation fee until you accept the deviation. It costs nothing to see what deviations are available. At worst, you can just take the flights you have now.

Good luck.

Dixie Deer,

I've checked the airline schedules and I think I see the problem. The nonstop from Las Vegas to Heathrow doesn't arrive until 3 pm which is too late if you arrive the day of cruise embarkation. The nonstop you want arrives at 9:20 am but it flies from Las Vegas to Gatwick. My guess is that Regent has only arranged transportation to Southampton from Heathrow and that may be why they didn't attempt to put you on the nonstop to Gatwick.

Thanks, Dave, for catching the difference in airports.

Today our TA called me with the "good news" that Regent could put us on the non-stop from LAS to London "for $1000" but he didn't mention that the airport was Gatwick! Good thing I didn't take him up on the offer!

• 3 months later...
According to my TA, they do not share an air department. We have paid to fly BA in the past and have also been assigned BA by Regent (no deviation). It is nice that Oceania's air department still allows flights on BA -- it is a nice airline.

I'm not knocking BA in general. We flew them about a year ago (SEA-LHR-IST) and purchased their Premium Economy because we didn't want to be stuffed in the rear. When we got to the airport (a couple hours early), they upgraded us to Business at no further cost. I suspect they were over sold in the rear and needed our Premium Economy seats for the overflow. Still, if I'm flying to Europe, I avoid BA because of the HUGE taxes the UK extracts from passengers.

I might also note for cruisers starting in the London area, a great transportation option is Smiths at the site below...

http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html

They will pick you up at any airport (LHR, LGW or a hotel) and take you in limo style to your ship. We used them on a cruise from Southampton. We missed our connection in Iceland and the next flight was about 8 hours later. I called them from Iceland (Skype) and they were waiting for use when we finally arrived in LHR. Fortunately we allowed an extra day in Southampton or we would have missed the cruise. We and I guess most people, don't take ANY cruise or tour without arrive a day early because of possible airline delays.

For an upcoming cruise.... starting in Stockholm and ending in Southampton, we tried to book first class through Regent.... selecting SAS for the outgoing and AA for the return. No problem for the SAS flight, but for the AA flight, Regent wanted $3000 per person extra. So, we're flying over first class on SAS and returning coach on AA.

Seems like BC both ways would have been a better option than coming back in America's cattle car section.

I'm not knocking BA in general. We flew them about a year ago (SEA-LHR-IST) and purchased their Premium Economy because we didn't want to be stuffed in the rear. When we got to the airport (a couple hours early), they upgraded us to Business at no further cost. I suspect they were over sold in the rear and needed our Premium Economy seats for the overflow. Still, if I'm flying to Europe, I avoid BA because of the HUGE taxes the UK extracts from passengers.

I might also note for cruisers starting in the London area, a great transportation option is Smiths at the site below...

http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html

They will pick you up at any airport (LHR, LGW or a hotel) and take you in limo style to your ship. We used them on a cruise from Southampton. We missed our connection in Iceland and the next flight was about 8 hours later. I called them from Iceland (Skype) and they were waiting for use when we finally arrived in LHR. Fortunately we allowed an extra day in Southampton or we would have missed the cruise. We and I guess most people, don't take ANY cruise or tour without arrive a day early because of possible airline delays.

Everything you say is no doubt true. There are reasons to dislike British Airways. Since Regent does not have an upcharge to fly BA out of Canada (in 2013-2014 - contracts currently under negotiation), we deviate and request BA. We find the flatbed seats a bit weird but not bad at all - at least they are not angled. The service is fine - the food depends upon which country loaded it on to the plane -- we enjoy some of the meals loaded at Heathrow (but we are fans of British food).

I have never had to pay more than the $150 deviation fee until getting flights for my next cruise which is Oct 29 - Nov 21 2014. Reservations are in Business Class due to suite, but Regent is charging me an extra $1000 per person because I am flying no stop on BA from Phoenix to London and then on to Istanbul and on BA from Dubai to London and then to Phoenix. Is becoming the norm? My TA said the last "free" flight was Delta thru Atlanta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are flying out of a city that isn't one of their gateways you pay a supplements. I'm flying out of Vancouver on BA (BC) to LHR to IST on Oct 28 and on BA again from Dubai to LHR and on to Vancouver with no supplement.

• 4 weeks later...

Woogie not sure if you got your answers yet but here's what I learned about your seat choices. Once you have your confirmed flight reservations you now deal exclusively with the airline. I got all my seats changed (from RSSC's choices) and my a frequent Flier miles by simply calling the airline. No charges. (I'm on British Airways, can't speak for other airlines.

Sorry, can't help you about the Regent uses in SA, but when I called their Air dept., I asked which ones they use for my dep. city and they just told me. As I was planning to buy the BC upgrade, I also asked about whether I would likely be going intercontinental direct or stops in North America en route to Istanbul and they told me very likely direct flights to London. Which is exactly what happened. I fly direct from Vancouver Canada to London to Istanbul so I am in BC all the way.

Hope this helps!

Only four more sleeps for me before I leave!!

Haven't checked this thread in a while but do have a bit of input. In 2014, you can fly out of Canada on BA without a supplemental charge but you can not do so out of the United States (if you are deviating -- sometimes Regent does put someone in the U.S. on BA). Regent is currently in negotiations with BA so things may be different next year. We have a flight in April tentatively scheduled on BA (booked through Regent) but cannot book seats until the negotiations are complete. Hoping this goes through quickly.

Flights to and from South America can be a nightmare from many places in the U.S. and Canada. We cancelled three cruises because of poor flights. The best flights we have found are on United but Regent doesn't have a contract with United for South America. Regent does use American Airlines which is what we are on for our flight to Rio in April. Since Regent is contracted with AA for Rio, they would also be contracted for Buenos Aires.

• 1 month later...

Is my understanding correct that paying the deviation surcharge only allows you to pick you own travel dates, not pick your airline?

Is my understanding correct that paying the deviation surcharge only allows you to pick you own travel dates, not pick your airline?

Just so you know, the current deviation fee is $175 pp and allows you to choose everything regarding your flight including airline, travel dates, times, etc. That being said, there is no guarantee that the $175 pp will be all that you pay. Depending on your choices, there may be significant extra charges for your choices. You can continue providing Regent choices until you reach agreement at which time you then make your payment. No agreement, no charge and you simply go back to the included air.