For those curious about current passport turnaround times...

:( So happy that my son's was fast but reading here I think it was the slowest one.

We put it in the mail June 2nd, it arrived yesterday: July 1st.

We're in the USA.

Mine took just about the same time. I put mine in end of may and got it June 30th

I applied for mine toward the end of May and haven't gotten it yet! I'm panicking (my cruise leaves a week from today)...I know...I should've done it sooner. I still gave myself a little over six weeks. I'm calling tomorrow because it still says "processing" online. I'm also in the U.S.

I submitted two applications for new passports at the local post office on 6/5/2015 and they're still appearing as "In Process". They first appeared within the gov's tracking system on 6/12/2015.

I submitted another application on 6/12/2015, which also remains In Process.

Son filed for passports on June 1st and got a letter last week stating the pictures were over processed to redo them. We leave in 6 weeks from this week.

That scares me - as the photos snapped by the postal worker and submitted with our 3 applications varied greatly in "head size". In hindsight, I'd have gone to the post office equipped with a printout of photo requirements and a ruler for verification. I falsely assumed that the postal employees verify that the photos they take, print and submit meet all requirements.

It's too bad it takes the Department of State the entire processing time just to inform an applicant that the photo is unusable.

All three pictures looked good to me- actually even the baby looked good.

But the processing people took a good 4-5 weeks to decide the photos were over processed. 5 weeks wasted.

I still have 6 weeks before needed so hoping

That scares me - as the photos snapped by the postal worker and submitted with our 3 applications varied greatly in "head size". In hindsight, I'd have gone to the post office equipped with a printout of photo requirements and a ruler for verification. I falsely assumed that the postal employees verify that the photos they take, print and submit meet all requirements.

It's too bad it takes the Department of State the entire processing time just to inform an applicant that the photo is unusable.

We had ours taken at a photo place that advertises for passport photos. When we went to the post office to apply the worker told us that DW's picture might not work because it was cut a little bit too small. Fortunately State took it without problem.

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Sorry about that. Let me try again. If it still dosn't work you can Google search Passport Status and it is close to the top of the list.

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_ip.asp

I submitted two applications for new passports at the local post office on 6/5/2015 and they're still appearing as "In Process". They first appeared within the gov's tracking system on 6/12/2015.

Update:

• 6/5/2015 - Applications submitted at local post office
  • 6/12/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "In Process"
  • 7/10/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "Completed" - estimated delivery date of 7/15/2015
  • 7/13/2015 - Passports arrived in mail. Insert indicated that birth certificates will be returned separately.

The application I submitted on 6/12/2015 is still appearing as "In Process".

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted three passport applications (for me and my two kids) at the post office on June 17. All three are still in process. Leaving in less than two weeks, so it's going to be tight. They let me expedite them yesterday over the phone at $75 a pop, but apparently it's up to the discretion of the passport agents whether they choose to expedite them. Until then, my applications are stuck in standard processing. The woman on the phone said that I really won't know anything until my status changes or my credit card is charged.

Edited by LochNessMonster

Update (First Two Applications):

6/5/2015 - Applications submitted at local post office

6/12/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "In Process"

7/10/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "Completed" - estimated delivery date of 7/15/2015

7/13/2015 - Passports arrived in mail.

7/15/2015 - Birth certificates arrived in mail

Update (Third Application):

6/12/2015 - Application submitted at local post office

6/22/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "In Process"

7/22/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "Completed" - estimated delivery date of 7/29/2015

Update (First Two Applications):

6/5/2015 - Applications submitted at local post office

6/12/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "In Process"

7/10/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "Completed" - estimated delivery date of 7/15/2015

7/13/2015 - Passports arrived in mail.

7/15/2015 - Birth certificates arrived in mail

Update (Third Application):

6/12/2015 - Application submitted at local post office

6/22/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "In Process"

7/22/2015 - Appeared on tracking website as "Completed" - estimated delivery date of 7/29/2015

Thanks for the update. I mistakenly thought the estimated 4-6 weeks window started from when it was submitted at the post office, but it's not until the agency puts it into the system. Your third application is within that 4-6 week window, but in reality, by the time you get it, it will be closer to 7 weeks from door to door.

Thanks for the update. I mistakenly thought the estimated 4-6 weeks window started from when it was submitted at the post office, but it's not until the agency puts it into the system. Your third application is within that 4-6 week window, but in reality, by the time you get it, it will be closer to 7 weeks from door to door.

Based on how quick the last two arrived after showing up as "complete", I wouldn't be surprised if mine shows up tomorrow (6 weeks door to door).

I would suspect yours will arrive late next week, even without the "expedited" upgrade. I actually called on Monday when mine was still showing up as "In Process". They indicated that I could still request "expedited", and at some point the system wouldn't allow the to change it (once the passport is already on its way out the door). With that info, and knowing I'm leaving Aug 2nd, I figured I'd wait until Friday of this week to see what happens. Fortunately for me, my status was updated yesterday.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

FYI...I just called the post office to make an appointment for my dd who will be 16 next Friday. We decided to wait until her birthday to get her the 10 year passport instead of getting the child passport. They woman I spoke to said it is usually 4 - 6 weeks but they have just been notified by the state department that it is currently 7 - 8 unless you expedite, in which case it is 3 weeks.

We got passports for our older two in May and we got them one day shy of three weeks from the day we completed them at the post office with no expediting.

Since we are leaving October 24, the 7 - 8 week is going to be cutting it close so I may have to bite the bullet and pay the extra for expedite. We should have done the child passport when we got the other two done.

We applied for the kids passports on July 13 and received in the mail on Aug 10. It is my understanding that you can call and pay for expedited processing if it gets within 2 weeks and you haven't received.

7/31 -- We applied for us and our 17 year old son late in the day, at the local post office.

8/4 -- check cleared the bank

8/7 -- showed up online

8/18 -- email that they were being processed

8/19 -- email that they were mailed

8/22 -- received today in the mail, not expedited

Three weeks, an excellent turn around!

Still waiting on documents, but they should be along shortly.