Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Tried 3 times to book 3.5-4 star Ft. Lauderdale Beach area up to $99 but no luck on Priceline. January 6th 2014. Anyone else trying for this time frame? I see others have gotten good deals for other dates. Sad for me. :(

Tried 3 times to book 3.5-4 star Ft. Lauderdale Beach area up to $99 but no luck on Priceline. January 6th 2014. Anyone else trying for this time frame? I see others have gotten good deals for other dates. Sad for me. :(

Having never done this yet, but following this thread, I hope you get lucky. We will be trying for Jan 5th. Haven't had the time yet to sit down, study it and attempt it. Good luck! I'll be reading :).

-Rose

We had the same problem last year due to the BCS. Never heard of it until I needed a hotel room that weekend.

We have stayed in FLL and Hollywood many times and I have paid 40% less to stay in a 4*s. We ended up in the Hyatt Place 17th street. Very disappointed, I expected to stay at one of my usual places like the Westin Diplomat. Good Luck. Just don't make the mistake I made thinking prices would go down.

Sheal

BCS?? What event is this?

- Rose

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My problem last year was the BCS but I see that it is in Pasadena this year. The orange bowl is on the 3rd so most people should be gone by then.

What I learned was to pay more attention to those sports things.:)

Sheal

Last Minute Travel (similar to Hotwire)

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

$85.38 including taxes and fees ($77 + tax)

8/24/13 for 1 night

Last Minute Travel is like Hotwire, you don't know the name of the hotel until you book. It's the hotel listed 4.42 Miles To Airport and with a 4* Trip Adviser rating.

I have stayed there pre-cruise before, very close to airport and Port Everglades

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is a 5 minute walk away and very good.

Last Minute Travel (similar to Hotwire)

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

$85.38 including taxes and fees ($77 + tax)

8/24/13 for 1 night

Last Minute Travel is like Hotwire, you don't know the name of the hotel until you book. It's the hotel listed 4.42 Miles To Airport and with a 4* Trip Adviser rating.

I have stayed there pre-cruise before, very close to airport and Port Everglades

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is a 5 minute walk away and very good.

If you join the LMT Travel Cub (Free with code "4JULYFREE") you will see the hotel names and get better prices.

If you join the LMT Travel Cub (Free with code "4JULYFREE") you will see the hotel names and get better prices.

While I am a big fan of LMT and have used them many times, I'm not crazy about their club's automatic renewal policy ($50 after the free year).

While I am a big fan of LMT and have used them many times, I'm not crazy about their club's automatic renewal policy ($50 after the free year).

How can they do that when they don't have your credit card #?

We had the same problem last year due to the BCS. Never heard of it until I needed a hotel room that weekend.

We have stayed in FLL and Hollywood many times and I have paid 40% less to stay in a 4*s. We ended up in the Hyatt Place 17th street. Very disappointed, I expected to stay at one of my usual places like the Westin Diplomat. Good Luck. Just don't make the mistake I made thinking prices would go down.

Sheal

After failing miserably even at $120 It turns out one of the women we are traveling with was able to use some corporate points from her company and we got the Westin for $99. I guess that was the only way were were going to get to stay here!:)

If I wanted a FLL area hotel not too far from the port, with a nice pool and MUST BE VERY CLEAN for a 2 night pre cruise stay in December with three kids, what does everyone recommend and how do I bid on this on Priceline.

New to this bidding thing, but would like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

DO NOT use Priceline. A room on PL only guarantees sleeping space for two people. You could end up in a king size bed for all of you. Use hotwire or lastminute travel where you can reserve two beds. Also go to valuetrips and see if you can get hyatt place which is popular and very near the port, shopping and restaurants.

If you have an iPad and use their browser, it will show the hotel names. You can call to get better prices than the website is showing, though I don't know how the phone in prices compare to the member prices.

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

12/11 $169 including taxes

12/23 $285 including taxes (holiday week)

Just booked the Crowne Plaza Ft. Lauderdale through Priceline's Express Bid (similar to Hotwire). It was listed as a 3.5* in the Downtown - Las Olas - Port Everglades category. Came out to $85 + tax for 11/13/13.

Just booked the Crowne Plaza Ft. Lauderdale through Priceline's Express Bid (similar to Hotwire). It was listed as a 3.5* in the Downtown - Las Olas - Port Everglades category. Came out to $85 + tax for 11/13/13.

I absolutely love this hotel. The only reason I'm scared to bid on Priceline for a 3.5* Downtown is because I REALLY don't want to end up with the Riverside Hotel....

I absolutely love this hotel. The only reason I'm scared to bid on Priceline for a 3.5* Downtown is because I REALLY don't want to end up with the Riverside Hotel....

If this is the one just outside the port entrance, have you tried Last Minute Travel. It's almost always on there for $90.

If this is the one just outside the port entrance, have you tried Last Minute Travel. It's almost always on there for $90.

Not for the dates I need...:( (April 24-27, 2104) On LMT Club it's still at $140 and that is too high...

This was my fear too. I actually thought I was going to get Riverside but I was pleasantly surprised! Have you tried the Express Bids on Priceline? Here's the info that was listed from my bid:

Downtown Ft Lauderdale

save 25% or more+

$85

per night

3½-star

Guest Rating:

Bed Choice Available

Includes free Internet

Icons: wifi, pool, restaurant, business center, gym

Just won Hyatt Regency Pier 66 through Hotwire for $141 plus tax.

April 24, 2014

4 *

Amenities

Resort

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Just booked on Hotwire for one night April 13th 2014- $104 all in using $20 in Hotwire Hotbucks received via a promotional email. So without the promo, price would be $124. Not a bad price considering that week will be prime time spring break (Easter is April 20th next year).

Tony

Won Priceline Bid of $100 for downtown Ft. Lauderdale Jan. 31, 2014-Feb. 1, 2014. Win was the 4* Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale at Port Everglades. My first bid was accepted so not sure if I could have won with a lower bid. I am happy with this price.

$100.00 Room Bid

$ 16.13Taxes

Total cost with taxes- $116.13