Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

On 8/30/2019 at 10:45 AM, FireStation46 said:

It is a long thread so a basic noobie question

where do you go to find deals to bid on

how many sites offer these bid deals?

only looking for Florida Staycation or cruises to and back to Florida ports.

thanks!

Start with Better Bidding: This site and others like it will help you bunches!  https://www.betterbidding.com/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

image.png.db16366b6acbb2ef3f2fde3966fbc5da.png

We were searching for something on the beach between Miami and FLL for three nights

January 17 to 20, 2020 pre-cruise.  Booked this: it's the Newport Beachside.

Hope the image stays up - I'm using the Snip and Sketch feature in Windows 10

• Thanks 1

2.5* Orlando airport area, Hot rate hotel on Hotwire.  Guest rating was 4.5; it included breakfast and an airport shuttle.  Price was $81 (plus tax).  We needed three rooms.  Got the Fairfield Inn and Suites, which is what I expected to get.

Happy with the price and hotel; it is only for one night and we are all getting at times ranging from 6:30 to 11pm  so it will it will be just fine for that short time period.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, phabric said:

Hyatt Place 17th St

Best Western Oceanside

I am curious as to what you used when bidding to get that hotel. I am trying also to stay at the Hyatt Place 17th street for two night pre cruise. I am looking for Dec 9th and Check out on Dec 11th 2019.

Thanks in advance,

Lulu

Edited by lillulu

5 hours ago, lillulu said:

I am curious as to what you used when bidding to get that hotel. I am trying also to stay at the Hyatt Place 17th street for two night pre cruise. I am looking for Dec 9th and Check out on Dec 11th 2019.

Thanks in advance,

Lulu

I did not bid on these hotel.

For Hyatt Place 17th St try www.valuetrips.com.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on Priceline/Hotwire this trip down.  Between the excess fees and the tacked on resort charge it's almost easier to book direct for the same price. I ended up booking the Holiday Inn Express in Davie for $127 plus $15 a night tax.  Easy and without the risk of getting a stinker like the Link.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 7:27 PM, bilyclub said:

I gave up on Priceline/Hotwire this trip down.  Between the excess fees and the tacked on resort charge it's almost easier to book direct for the same price. I ended up booking the Holiday Inn Express in Davie for $127 plus $15 a night tax.  Easy and without the risk of getting a stinker like the Link.

How did you like this hotel? This has The Waffle House next door right? Did they bring you to the port? Or did you need to get a ride? TIA

21 minutes ago, Kharwood said:

How did you like this hotel? This has The Waffle House next door right? Did they bring you to the port? Or did you need to get a ride? TIA

Breakfast was pretty basic, and the place had a peculiar smell in the rooms and hallways. Saw shuttles packing up for the port, don't know if it costs or not. I probably wouldn't go back.

9 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Breakfast was pretty basic, and the place had a peculiar smell in the rooms and hallways. Saw shuttles packing up for the port, don't know if it costs or not. I probably wouldn't go back.

Good to know! Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 9:38 AM, kidz_rn said:

Nope. Priceline quietly discontinued Name Your Own Price in early 2020.

It has been replaced with Pricebreakers.

Did not know that.  Too bad.  In the past we have had some incredible bidding results in London and in Paris.  Usually Marriotts in London...either Kensington or Marde Loop.

The last FLL we got was in 2019.  Embassy Suites for sub $100. on Hotwire.  Absolute worst Embassy Suites we have every stayed in.

Edited by iancal

• 10 months later...

re HOTWIRE

We need a hotel in Miami 2nights in April.

Been a while since I used Hotwire ...or booked ANY hotel for that matter...

Is Hotwire still reliable? Also there used to be a site that cud tell you which hotel you were looking at by matching the amenities shown on the HW site...anyone help with that??

• 4 weeks later...

I opted for a Priceline Express Deal for a 3.5 star hotel and ended up with the Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown for the night before our cruise. I had gone to better bidding and saw that it would be the Holiday Inn based on the photo Priceline showed me for the hotel - I matched it with the hotel lists on better bidding to the photos on the Holiday Inn website - so I was fine with that choice. We're there during the week of spring break, so my total cost was $303 with Priceline with all taxes and fees, and paying outright on the Holiday Inn website would have cost me $421 for a non-refundable room with all fees. 

• 6 months later...

Just booked InterContinental in Miami on Hotwire for $169...$209 total with taxes etc.  This is a huge savings over other sites.  It's on Hotwire as the 5 star Port of Miami for $169.  Good Luck with your future biddings. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I booked Hyatt Place through Hotwire. Instead of a reservation number, I received a confirmation email with an "itinerary" number. When I entered the number at the Hyatt website, it didn't see it as a valid reservation number. Do I need to call Hyatt to confirm or can I convert the itinerary number to the actual reservation number? 

• 1 month later...

Looking for hotels in Downtown Miami. Want to be near the Marketplace. 

does anybody have any idea what hotel this is? It says that there’s a $37 a night resort fee that will be added automatically to your bill once you get there.  

IMG_5677.png

IMG_5678.png

IMG_5679.png

On 3/4/2024 at 2:23 PM, Mimie03 said:

Looking for hotels in Downtown Miami. Want to be near the Marketplace. 

does anybody have any idea what hotel this is? It says that there’s a $37 a night resort fee that will be added automatically to your bill once you get there.  

IMG_5677.png

IMG_5678.png

IMG_5679.png

Did you end up booking the hotel? I was going to suggest looking up downtown Miami hotels and seeing which one has a $37 per night resort fee.

also, how did $150 per night turn out to be $448 for two nights?