veendam to eastern Canada

cweed

hubby and I are thinking of doing cruise out of Boston to Canada. We have never sailed on HAL and have some questions Can we bring wine onboard? how are the lanai cabins? We usually sail on Royal Caribbean but like the itinerary on the Veendam.

And, if anyone has traveled to the port in Boston from Connecticut via limo or bus could you share your experiences. Thank you in advance

And, if anyone has traveled to the port in Boston from Connecticut via limo or bus could you share your experiences. Thank you in advance

Would a Rhode Island experience be close enough? ;)

I went to the Black Falcon Terminal via hired car once. It was easy to enter the port area. The driver pulled up and stopped, handed my luggage to the porters, and I stepped out and went to check-in.

Anything in particular you want to know about it?

Unless you're taking a special cruise bus that goes to the pier, a bus would let you off at South Station; it's not far to Black Falcon from there. What is difficult is dragging the luggage to the other side of the terminal, then downstairs, to the cab pick-up area. It's a pretty good distance.

You'll find Holland America less hectic than Royal Caribbean in terms of activities. You'll also find better service and food. We're booked to sail on the Veendam in two weeks. Our cruise starts in Quebec and ends in Boston.

We don't have a cabin assignment yet. We're booked for a Cat. H guarantee. I wouldn't pay for the upgrade to a lanai cabin. If I wanted to spend more, I would get a private balcony. On our last cruise to New England and Canada (on a Princess ship), we had an inside cabin and did fine. Most of the time spent sailing was dark. We enjoyed the sailaways from the ports on the Promenade Deck, then would go back to our cabin for a glass of wine while changing for dinner.

You'll find Holland America less hectic than Royal Caribbean in terms of activities. You'll also find better service and food. We're booked to sail on the Veendam in two weeks. Our cruise starts in Quebec and ends in Boston.

We don't have a cabin assignment yet. We're booked for a Cat. H guarantee. I wouldn't pay for the upgrade to a lanai cabin. If I wanted to spend more, I would get a private balcony. On our last cruise to New England and Canada (on a Princess ship), we had an inside cabin and did fine. Most of the time spent sailing was dark. We enjoyed the sailaways from the ports on the Promenade Deck, then would go back to our cabin for a glass of wine while changing for dinner.

Hey, we are taking the Boston to Quebec saling in the summer... if you don't mind, could you send me a message about how you like the ship and itinerary! thanks!

John

Archived