Grand Princess to Hawaii

lincolnbob

Our party of 4 generally had a very nice cruise. The weather at sea, no fault of the cruise line , was very cool and windy but the sea days were filled with many indoor interesting activities. As a frequent cruiser I have four concerns, not gripes. The television news choices were very limited to far right and far left choices. I would have preferred a more balanced option. The laundromat was a nightmare ( as it has been on previous Princess Cruises). My traveling party wished that the Princess Patter would arrive much earlier ( around dinner time) so that traveling party members can plan the next day activities, as a group. The food in the buffet was very mediocre and limited in choice. But, all in all ,the cruise was very comfortable and definitely a value for the cost.

Bob Collins, Lincoln California

Our party of 4 generally had a very nice cruise. The weather at sea, no fault of the cruise line , was very cool and windy but the sea days were filled with many indoor interesting activities. As a frequent cruiser I have four concerns, not gripes. The television news choices were very limited to far right and far left choices. I would have preferred a more balanced option. The laundromat was a nightmare ( as it has been on previous Princess Cruises). My traveling party wished that the Princess Patter would arrive much earlier ( around dinner time) so that traveling party members can plan the next day activities, as a group. The food in the buffet was very mediocre and limited in choice. But, all in all ,the cruise was very comfortable and definitely a value for the cost.

Bob Collins, Lincoln California

How was your embarkation experience when you arrived at the pier? How was parking? Difficult to find a spot? Easy? That's our biggest concern and we don't see anyone posting about it.

We already scouted out the two parking garages directly across from the terminal a couple months ago.. can all passenger cars jam in those garages without them being filled up, along with cars from the previous cruise passengers and SF area workers??

Bob, we also were on the Grand to Hawaii. I have to agree that the weather just sucked. Not much sunshine. Thank goodness the weather in Hawaii was great for the 4 days we were there (after the morning showers passed). I really didn't find much entertainment that suited me so being trapped inside was a bit if a challenge. My DW likes to read and did well on the trip as there wasn't a whole lot to do. I blame that on the CD. With the weather so foul, he could have added more activities to make the journey across and back more of a pleasure. I have always been a fan of Princess but this journey kind of turned me off. I'll probably go again, but will be more cautious on my selection of itineraries and try to find out about the CD before we travel.

Archived