Stupid question.... can we?

You have to leave them behind but on my last sailing on the Miracle they gave demonstrations on how to make the towel animals. I believe there is also a book/manual teaching one how to make the towel animals... Hope that helps :)

the towels are from your bathroom and I wouldnt think free, but I never heard of anyone trying to slip one into their suitcase. That being said, I dont think they travel well. I just move them over to the free bed (Im solo) or onto a table and sometimes its hard to keep them from falling apart.

There is a towel animal class on how to make your own.

I am not sure if they still offer them but they used to sell stuffed animals made to look like towel animals in one of the shops on board.

I think it is hit or miss whether the gift shops still stock them. I don't remember seeing them last summer (but we weren't looking for them either), but I do remember see them when we were on the Magic the summer before.

Confession time. :o:o Several years ago DD and I participated in our first scavenger hunt (we won, BTW!) and one of the items we had to find was a towel animal. We put one in our bag (it was the monkey that hangs) and when we got back to the room, I didn't unpack the bag. Well, when we packed to come home, I just grabbed the bag and put it in the suitcase. Didn't realize until we got home, that we had a stowaway monkey in our luggage!! :eek:

To answer your question, no, you can't keep them. Boy, did I feel guilty!! :o

They're cute while on the cruise. We usually sit them on the table or in the window. By the time the cruise is over, we're over the towel animals. Lol. I thought for sure they had some stuffed ones for sale in the gift shop. Or you can catch the class, so you can make your own.:)

The towel animals... are they ours to keep ;) or we gotta leave them behind:(?

have to leave them behind :(

from personal experience, they don't travel well... my daughter tried to bring one home made from our own towel by our stateroom attendant, and it didnt make it.

We line ours up on top of the back of the sofa. We've noticed that towards the end of the week, they disappear. The ship must be getting low on towels so they take them back. We've never been able to have all 7 of them at the same time.

Can you imagine === at least two towells are used for the animals per cabin and even if half took them home---

wowsers.

mine always feel apart when i moved them

Just bring your towels from home and instruct your steward to use them for their creations. Then you can freely take them home guilt free.

the towels are from your bathroom and I wouldnt think free, but I never heard of anyone trying to slip one into their suitcase. That being said, I dont think they travel well. I just move them over to the free bed (Im solo) or onto a table and sometimes its hard to keep them from falling apart.

There is a towel animal class on how to make your own.

I've taken the class twice. When I brought my elephant back to my cabin, the head fell of while I was trying to open the door. Even though I had just made it myself, I couldn't get it to look as nice as it had when I first made it.

I've taken the class twice. When I brought my elephant back to my cabin, the head fell of while I was trying to open the door. Even though I had just made it myself, I couldn't get it to look as nice as it had when I first made it.

The best I can do is make a cape, which of course causes everyone to look at me quite silly.

Last week on the Fascination, early one morning, we went up to Lido and there must have been 50 towel animals placed in chairs and around the pool and hot tubs........it was so cute!! I've never seen so many different ones!!!

Wish I had taken a picture......:o

You can keep them if you sneak them off. Just make sure and bring a leash with you and when debarking the ship, simply put the leash around the towel animals neck and walk them off the ship. Nobody will realize they are towel animals. They will just assume they are service animals.

Just bring your towels from home and instruct your steward to use them for their creations. Then you can freely take them home guilt free.

I kind of like this idea, might do it with a little twist. Thinking about getting some bulk towels, tie dieing them and turn them into critters. My circle of friends might really enjoy this as gifts, could put a stitch or two in critical places to hold them together. Enjoy the critters for a little bit them use them for practical cleaning or whatever around the house.

Archived