Return to Allure - A different review.

Nice review Bill!!

We were on Oasis 5-4-13 eastern and loved evrything!! We had small problems with the freestyle machines also, but nothing as bad as yours. Our biggest problem was the 15 minute delay for refills. Only became a problem when your first choice turned out to be flat....having to wait 15 min. to replace a bad drink sucked. Did not detract from our cruise though.

We are secheduled for the 5-4-14 sailing on Allure next year for the Western itinerary. Should be fun comparing the two sister ships!

Thanks again for sharing your experiance!

Do a google search and find out when the Fleet week is in 2014. It wasn't a factor this year, but in 2011, it was fleet week and the prime hotels filled up early.

• 4 weeks later...
I will say the fastest way to get through without lugging your luggage yourself is when you enter the luggage area, grab a porter and he will shoot you thru customs and grab you a taxi, very quickly. Works like a charm. ;)

When we went on Liberty last year from FLL disembarkation was a mess, and all the porters were also standing in line with the passengers. Was this a one time thing and what you mentioned the normal procedure?

We grabbed a porter and he loaded all our bags on the cart and we walked thru customs with everyone else. However, it was whole lot easier on us since we didn't have to mess with our bags. Of course once thru customs, he took us straight to the bus where we were supposed to meet. We happened to get stuck in a slow line thru customs because the customs agent walked away from his station so we saw tons of people go thru their line while we waited. The porter waited right there with us. Others commented that they wished they had grabbed a porter because there are so many people with so many bags and its a long way to go until you finally get to customs. It helped having a porter. If you only have one bag, you can manage yourself.

• 1 month later...
Glad you are writing this I am going thru roll call withdrawal.

To pickup the accident story as a healthcare person I was less then impressed with the hospital ER. But let me back up a minute.....you have a person with a potential head injury and not only do you not put a collar around someones neck that has bounced off the sidewalk but the first thing you do is make them stand and ask them to step over the barrier between the road and the sidewalk??? The hospital skated around a head CT initially but luckily Lisa spoke up and demanded they do one. Had she not I would have. Better to know there is not a head bleed when you are going to be on a cruise ship for seven days. They then stated she did not have a concussion but the symptoms lingered for several days that too was misdiagnosed.

The unfortunate thing is the accident could have been avoidable as there clearly was a nice bike lane alongside the bridge. The other disturbing fact was the police were totally undisturbed the individiual had no ID on him. I know full well it is not against the law not to carry ID but I thought it was treated all to casual that a tourist from another country was not carrying any ID. Also apparently it is not against the law to cause injury to another. Fortunately Lisa is a resiliant person and made the best of a bad situation.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review Bill. Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a brief minute there.......we were so grateful you and Gina were there to help out that night.

Sue

Months later I realized another contributing factor to this accident. The bicycle rental place appears not to make sure people know how to go use the equipment. I just remembered something the kid said. He said the bikes had no brakes, which I didn't digest at the time, but these are old retry single speed bikes with no hand brakes, you apply backward pressure to put on the brakes.

I enjoyed your review as a warm up to our Oct Oasis cruise. I'm sure a lot of. It would apply to either ship. We used to have an empty lot in a neighborhood where we'd meet some of our roll call people from various cruises. The ships went by almost close enough to touch bathe last time a security guard ran us off I guess the neighborhood didn't want the rabble taking over.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I am a 911 dispatcher and I just have to put my 2 cents in here. Most of the public don't understand what goes on when they call 911. If it is a medical emergency, auto accident, bicycle accident, pedestrian struck, etc... we use what is called EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch). There are scripted questions that we HAVE to ask, otherwise we get in trouble.

2 years later and I am re-reading this as I prepare for another cruise and this message still bothers me. I do have family that are emergency responders. Fortunately, I've only had to call 911 3 or 4 times in my life and I've never had to deal with scripted questions. That is just dumb. If the public, in this case me, doesn't understand it is I operate under a expectation of common sense. This operator wasn't reading a script she just has poor listening skills. I would love to hear the tape again.