what do U use, to carry valuables

MePlus3

While on the ship and on shore, whats best to carry money and ship ID in. I think something waterproof, if we both want to swim together, leaving a towel on the beach is one thing, but not cash and ID. Maybe a lanyard while on board, and if I use the same while swimming, cash is wet but usable

Hi, we tried to get a water wallet at Walmart before our last cruise , and the clerk looked at us like we had lost our mind ??? Anyway we got a good one on board the ship (Princess) it worked great while swimming and snorkeling. Highly recommend it.

Cori

I use the key size Aquapac. Its waterproof, hangs around your neck and large enough for your ship card, a license, a credit card and some money. After reading about it on this board, I did a search on Aquapac and found several sites that offer it. Ironically, the Aquapac site was not the best deal.

While on the ship and on shore, whats best to carry money and ship ID in. I think something waterproof, if we both want to swim together, leaving a towel on the beach is one thing, but not cash and ID. Maybe a lanyard while on board, and if I use the same while swimming, cash is wet but usable

Never leave anything, even a towel on the beach unless you have someone watching your things. A waterproof wallet is a great idea for the beach. On the ship, I leave cash in the safe in the cabin, and carry my ID in my camera case as I usually take that where ever I go-never know when I want to take a picture.

I always make sure that DH has the type of swim trunks with a zippered pocket. He can keep our ship IDs and a little bit of cash safe.

I love to have my camera with me at all times, but I'm not willing to risk my good digital in the sand and water, so I usually buy a couple waterproof disposables. I leave them on the towel without fear; not many people will steal a disposable. I'm looking into a waterproof housing for my good camera; once I get that, I'll be able to take my good camera without fear.

Unrelated hint: LABEL your disposable camera with your name/cabin number! I'm sure that at least 1000 identical disposables are on any particular sailing.

In fact, it's a good idea to label your good camera; once I left my camera on a table at a wedding -- I was the caterer, not a guest. It was way in the back of the room, so I thought it was safe. Sure enough, my camera disappeared. At the end of the evening, I found it on a table. I am sure that someone picked it up, thinking it was their own (it was just a little black point-and-shoot model just like everyone else's), then realized the person realized the truth and abandoned it -- I dont' think malicious behavior was involved, just a mistake. I did have some pictures of strangers when I developed the film!

Archived