Luggage tags - help needed

I am 19 days out from my next cruise and checked in online yesterday. In the past I have always used the luggage tags sent in the mail. This will be my first time to make them up myself.

On the end of my Sea Pass there is a luggage tag displayed but it says "this is not your official luggage tag". I am a little confused. If I do not use this illustration to make up my tags how do I get the "official tags" to print out and make. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Your official tag (as you call it) can be found in your cruise documentation booklet, somewhere after the itinerary and general boarding information. The cruise booklet is available for download on the last page of your online checkin. Save the booklet as a PDF then print out the number of luggage tags you need. There are detailed folding instructions though some people laminate them to make doubly sure they survive the rigours of the baggage handling.

If all else fails, get the baggage handlers to fill out tags at the dock.

Enjoy the cruise.

Thank you for the help. I have my Guest Booklet online but it does not have the tags. I elected to receive my cruise documents by e mail so they will probably come 14 days out and have the tags as you say.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the help. I have my Guest Booklet online but it does not have the tags. I elected to receive my cruise documents by e mail so they will probably come 14 days out and have the tags as you say.

Thanks again.

The electronic documents are usually available on the weboste at 49 days out. Royal calls them Guest Vacation Documents. The luggage tags should be near the end of this document.

Thanks again.

They are very hard to find...should be a link that says "Print your luggage tags here". I found the link to the cruise information document at the top of my page where you see the reservation. Then you have to scroll many pages to find the actual tags. I ordered the luggage tag holders from Cruise Critic. These are very handy and save having to carry a stapler/tape with you and can be reused now that most lines are having us print our own.

I am waiting to print mine out for the first time this Sept, so they won't be ready according to my Princess Personalizer until 47 days out. Final Payment is July 2nd but will pay it off this coming week. Hopefully this will give me practice for our ROS sailing next March.:)

you can just request that they be mailed to you as well. got mine yesterday

Are you in a full suite? Royal does not mail luggage tags anymore unless uou are in a full suite or Pinnacle C&A member.

You can always find the nearest porter once you get to the ship. They are more than happy to provide you with all the luggage tags you need.

You don't even have to fill them out your self. Just state your cabin number and your porter will take care of the rest.

Since I live in Sweden I haven't been able to get luggage tags mailed to me. This is the way I've solved the problem and it works like a charm.

Happy sailing!

Edit: I now realize not all threads here regards Caribbean cruises. Of course I have no idea how it works when taking a cruise in Europe. So I have to turn this into a question. Can you get luggage tags from porters the same way you do when taking a cruise from Florida?

I contacted RCI and they confirmed there was an error in my cruise documents. They did not include the tags. RCI are going to issue me with a new set of documents which will include the tags. I am only in a balcony so they should have been included.

I bought a set of the plastic luggage tag holders you can get on the net. I though they would be better than trying to make the tags secure myself.

Archived