Concierge lounge on Solstice

jerrysnj

I have a concierge class cabin on the Solstice and one of the listed amentities for the class says access to the concierge lounge. I haven't been able to find anything else about this. Does anyone know its location and do they just serve drinks or is there food in there also.

There is no concierge lounge on any of the celebrity ships. They do talk about a private waiting area when embarking on your cruise for concierge (and above) passengers, but I'm not sure anyone has ever seen it (or needed it).

I have a concierge class cabin on the Solstice and one of the listed amentities for the class says access to the concierge lounge. I haven't been able to find anything else about this. Does anyone know its location and do they just serve drinks or is there food in there also.

Another error on the web......

Celebrity does not have a dedicated "Concierge Lounge" on any of their

ships.

CC class cabins do have certain amenities but a Concierge Lounge

is not one of them.

There is a restaurant or lounge for Elite Members (depending on

how many folks are on board). But being Elite and having a CC cabin

are not the same thing. The Elite Perk is a Happy Hour and breakfast

as well.

Another website error that needs to be fixed:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Another error on the web......

Celebrity does not have a dedicated "Concierge Lounge" on any of their

ships.

CC class cabins do have certain amenities but a Concierge Lounge

is not one of them.

There is a restaurant or lounge for Elite Members (depending on

how many folks are on board). But being Elite and having a CC cabin

are not the same thing. The Elite Perk is a Happy Hour and breakfast

as well.

Another website error that needs to be fixed:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Hi Lois:

I checked and didn't find anything about access to a concierge lounge. What it does say is access to pre departure concierge lounge. I believe GH explained that.

To the OP, you will find that some of the benefits on the web site are really overstated.

There is no concierge lounge on any of the celebrity ships. They do talk about a private waiting area when embarking on your cruise for concierge (and above) passengers, but I'm not sure anyone has ever seen it (or needed it).

When leaving from Rome on the Equinox in November 2011, there was a kind of curtained off area for priority passengers (Aqua, Concierge, suites) where we got coffee, soft drinks, cookies after check in and before boarding. Nothing very fancy and we were there less than 10 min. and then we could proceed on board.

Hi Lois:

I checked and didn't find anything about access to a concierge lounge. What it does say is access to pre departure concierge lounge. I believe GH explained that.

To the OP, you will find that some of the benefits on the web site are really overstated.

Hi Don:)...there isn't anything...like I said, maybe someone at HQ

needs to fix the website...surprise, surprise:eek:

When leaving from Rome on the Equinox in November 2011, there was a kind of curtained off area for priority passengers (Aqua, Concierge, suites) where we got coffee, soft drinks, cookies after check in and before boarding. Nothing very fancy and we were there less than 10 min. and then we could proceed on board.

Oh no! The website clearly states in their description of concierge class: Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge. That is not listed under aqua or suite perks. How could this be?:eek: Oh, sorry...that's the topic of another thread on CC about the web site not matching reality.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies. It should at least have said in-terminal Concierge Lounge but it didn't so figured it was something set up on the ship. This is my first cruise so any info really helps me out.

Jerry

Thanks for the replies. It should at least have said in-terminal Concierge Lounge but it didn't so figured it was something set up on the ship. This is my first cruise so any info really helps me out.

Jerry

It is set up on the ship on the last day when you are leaving not the first day when the ship departs.

Oh no! The website clearly states in their description of concierge class: Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge. That is not listed under aqua or suite perks. How could this be?:eek: Oh, sorry...that's the topic of another thread on CC about the web site not matching reality.:rolleyes:

Everything that CC passengers get are extended to Aqua Class.

Everything that CC passengers get are extended to Aqua Class.

Gig103....I though that too, but here is the presumably official Celebrity response I got to my suggestion that the aqua class pages did not show some of the Concierge Class perks and the aqua class information should be corrected....

rather than quote it, you can read (and ponder) their official response at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38310683&postcount=5

Apparently we are both wrong:confused:

Gig103....I though that too, but here is the presumably official Celebrity response I got to my suggestion that the aqua class pages did not show some of the Concierge Class perks and the aqua class information should be corrected....

rather than quote it, you can read (and ponder) their official response at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38310683&postcount=5

Apparently we are both wrong:confused:

1 thing to keep in mind with "tina" response--she is a TECH person.

You "may" have a concierge class " lounge" upon boarding if there is a delay in boarding because of an inspection or something. We have seen that twice: once when we were boarding the Equinox on the first cruise after a transatlantic AND we boarded from the lovely huge terminal that is used for the Oasis and Allure. We were seated in areas accordiing to our cabin catagory and then boarded in that order. Another time we boarded late because of a late disembark due to a thunderstorm and we were seated according to cabin class and then boarded in that order. But a third time when we had a delayed embarcation due to Norovirus deep cleaning and they just seated and boarded everyone "first come, first served".

So priority embarcation lounge is really just a phantom that depends on the terminal and circumstaces.

Often one of the specialty restaurants will be used as a gathering point for concierge class passengers on disembarkation day. Same for Elites, Suites, Aqua. Usually you'll find bad coffee and watered down juice, served in paper cups. As we were waiting in Tuscan Grill to disembark Eclipse yesterday, someone commented in a louder- than- they- expected voice "so THIS is Modern Luxury" and the whole room cracked up.

Often one of the specialty restaurants will be used as a gathering point for concierge class passengers on disembarkation day. Same for Elites, Suites, Aqua. Usually you'll find bad coffee and watered down juice, served in paper cups. As we were waiting in Tuscan Grill to disembark Eclipse yesterday, someone commented in a louder- than- they- expected voice "so THIS is Modern Luxury" and the whole room cracked up.

LOL, very funny and makes it all so worth it being special.:D

Archived