Hawaii

SANDEE

melindaleighton

Noticed you said you've sailed several times LA to LA and I have a quick question. Do you usually fly down on departure day ?? We are doing a LA to LA in the spring of next year and although we will leave mid Island and stay in Vancouver for a night pre cruise due to the possibility of fog, I was just wondering if you flew out the same day as departure. We've never left from LA, usually FL and the east coast and therefore fly out the day before.

Haven't sailed with Princess since 2010 and looking fwd. to see how she matches up to cruises we've taken in the last couple of years on different lines.

Thx. for your help.

Hi

I have done both, I do try to be in lax before 11 am if I go down that day. I also have booked hotel rooms with Priceline and have had a really nice hotel for a great price so have gone down the night before. Either is fine but I prefer to go the night before to eliminate any stress.

Melinda

Thx. Melinda ..... well we have a few months to make up our minds but when I saw you lived in Van. I was just curious as to what you did.

Thx. alot

We live in the LA area, so if we're leaving from San Pedro, we'll use our car or a car service, but with the goal of leaving the house by 10am or so as it's an hour drive on a good day. But if we're leaving from any other port, we'll go at least a day ahead, no matter how many flights out of LA to everywhere. When we took the Coast Starlight train to Seattle, for a Sunday cruise, we decided to get in Friday night. Less stress and better rested to start the cruise, plus we had a shopping trip for items such as beverages and wine.

We do sometimes have iffy weather here in Southern California.

Aloha Sandee,

2014 is a little ways away, as Princess, never really books us any more then a season in advance...BUT...what we usually tell people is that we can be found on the ship that does the "full time" Princess Hawaiian itinerary. With that in mind, looking at the way they are positioning the ships for 2014-15 season, it would be likely that we would be on the Grand, since that seems to be the full time ship out of LA for 2014-15. It appears that they will take the Star out of LA for the 2013-14 season, (and we have been told that we will be on there for this season) and then switch it with the Grand for 2014-15.

Of course, this is all just speculation...I hope you can join us on one of these great ships.

Mahalo Nui,

Dave

(of Elua)

With this info in mind, do you have any "guesstimation" as to whether you might be on The Grand next April 13th. out of SFO? I'm booked on that ship to Hawaii.

With this info in mind, do you have any "guesstimation" as to whether you might be on The Grand next April 13th. out of SFO? I'm booked on that ship to Hawaii.

Aloha Treven,

If you are talking about April of 2014, I would say that it is not likely that we would be on the Grand. The Hawaiian season coming up runs from October 2013-May 2014...we will be on the Star Princess. I am sure that you will still have a marvelous time, as Princess makes a concerted effort on ALL the ships that go to Hawai'i to have cultural programs, talks, onboard practitioners in port, Hawaiian themed movies and TV shows.

If things stay the way they usually are, we would be on the Grand, but the season following this one...they will switch home ports with the Star for the 2014-15 season.

Mahalo Nui,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha Treven,

If you are talking about April of 2014, I would say that it is not likely that we would be on the Grand. The Hawaiian season coming up runs from October 2013-May 2014...we will be on the Star Princess. I am sure that you will still have a marvelous time, as Princess makes a concerted effort on ALL the ships that go to Hawai'i to have cultural programs, talks, onboard practitioners in port, Hawaiian themed movies and TV shows.

If things stay the way they usually are, we would be on the Grand, but the season following this one...they will switch home ports with the Star for the 2014-15 season.

Mahalo Nui,

Dave

(of Elua)

Archived