ENCHANTMENT - Panoramic Oceanview Cabin

To each his own. For those on a budget that want a much better view than a port hole or small square window...it's Panoramic!

We usually book at least a year in advance and more often than not, book an aft balcony over the wake. We are doing our 1st Panoramic in October on a 10-night leaving from Singapore. We opted for the Panoramic rather than a balcony because of the heat/humidity we expect in southeast Asia. We would not use the balcony that much if the weather is hot and humid. Budget may not always be a consideration. Just so you know.

We usually book at least a year in advance and more often than not, book an aft balcony over the wake. We are doing our 1st Panoramic in October on a 10-night leaving from Singapore. We opted for the Panoramic rather than a balcony because of the heat/humidity we expect in southeast Asia. We would not use the balcony that much if the weather is hot and humid. Budget may not always be a consideration. Just so you know.

I'm aware that there are plenty of reasons to book that cabin. My response at the time (last year) was to a poster who seemed to want to argue the worth of a Panoramic view room.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your insight Judi....it is much appreciated. We are booked in a PV room later in 2015 and completely agree with ALL of your sentiments. We, too normally book balconies, but chose the PV as an alternative on a short 4 day cruise where we will most likely not miss a balcony and enjoy the wonderful views when we are in the room. Thanks for all the pictures and information!

• 3 months later...
Thanks. We have one of these booked for March 2015. Decided to save the $ vs a JS or balcony and still get the benefits of a good sized cabin.

How many people can fit comfortable in a panoramic oceanview room? I am thinking about going with a girlfriend and we both want to bring our twenty something year old daughters. Since we don't spend much time in our room do you think we could pull it off? Thanks:)

How many people can fit comfortable in a panoramic oceanview room? I am thinking about going with a girlfriend and we both want to bring our twenty something year old daughters. Since we don't spend much time in our room do you think we could pull it off? Thanks:)

Hello, i will sail on 03/27 room 8604, me (28 years), my father and step mom, i think that i will sleep at the Couch, i dont know if the fourth guest will stay confortable, i think not! I can send pictures after 05/09 when i back to my contry (Brazil) tkx!

We had 7582 on the Grandeur last month (March 3rd). It is positioned right by the door leading to the Centrum. We retired early most nights and the noise from the Centrum was very loud at 9 and 10pm, especially for the Disco party and another couple big parties. Each night we closed the door leading to the Centrum, and the next morning we found it open again. The bed in this cabin is next to the window which also helped to dampen the sound. Closing the door and the bed position did enable us to sleep without noise disturbance. I don't know if RCI wants you closing the door but we did only at night when we heard Centrum noise in the cabin. It was not the door at the elevator end, but at the end less traveled by people returning to their cabins as our cabin was the last cabin on the inner "Panoramic" hall. We would have been hesitant to close the door at the elevator end as it would be more likely used by those returning to the other few Panoramic-oceanview cabins aft of 7582. I would think most people returning to the non-Panoramic-oceanview cabins would likely use the "outer" hall right by the Centrum and not the inner hall where the Panoramic oceanviews are located.

Also, the window was not ceiling to floor for this cabin but only went from ceiling to sitting height where there was a ledge big enough to sit on and from the ledge, a short wall to the floor. My understanding is that some have the ceiling-to-floor window while other Panoramic oceanviews have the window only going down to sitting ledge height.

Edited by TourDeCruise
Typo

Noise is never an issue for me, my children say they could put a marching band through the house and I wouldn't wake up when I am sleeping! My real concern is the actual size of the room. I am trying to fit four women; two 50 something year olds and two 20 something year olds. Mother/daughter. We all get along very well. What do you think?

Noise is never an issue for me, my children say they could put a marching band through the house and I wouldn't wake up when I am sleeping! My real concern is the actual size of the room. I am trying to fit four women; two 50 something year olds and two 20 something year olds. Mother/daughter. We all get along very well. What do you think?

I think you will fit fine but it will be cozy. Remember you have to share one bathroom and closets and will have limited hangers. You do get some extra big drawers, however. Pack light and work out shower schedules. Two will have to sleep on the couch (does it foldout into a bed? I think so but am not sure - didn't try it) and two in the bed(s).

What do others think? Too cozy? Too many people for one bathroom and the amount of closet space?

Yeah, I think you are right we will have to work out showers and closet space. One of the best kept secrets is that you can use the shower facilities at the spa so maybe I well encourage the younger girls to do just that! Thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting pictures. I just booked our first cruise today!! I specifically requested room 8600. The space looks like it will be perfect for us. I kept going back and forth between interior, regular ocean view and balcony. My travel agent said the interior rooms were all pullman beds and I don't think my 10 year old will sleep well on something like that. So I wanted to find something with a pull out couch. There were a few balcony rooms with pull out couches but how often will we actually use the balcony? So, we decided on ocean view and it wasn't until after I seen your photos that I even knew there was something called "panormic" Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in July. I have three kids (ages 14, 15, 20) and we have the choice of two "Oceanview" cabins that hold two each or a Panoramic View cabin for all four of us (actually more expensive to do a single cabin!)

What would you recommend? Would 4 of us in the Panoramic View cabin be a tight squeeze?

I would, of course, prefer we're all in one cabin.

Thanks.

Thinking of sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in July. I have three kids (ages 14, 15, 20) and we have the choice of two "Oceanview" cabins that hold two each or a Panoramic View cabin for all four of us (actually more expensive to do a single cabin!)

What would you recommend? Would 4 of us in the Panoramic View cabin be a tight squeeze?

I would, of course, prefer we're all in one cabin.

Thanks.

I would go for the two staterooms, just to have the two bathrooms.

I would go for the two staterooms, just to have the two bathrooms.

Great point. What do others think of the tradeoff - is the Panoramic View a big enough difference that it is worth squeezing into the room instead of a standard oceanview room?