RCI and Celebrity info

Since RCI has abandoned us west coasters, I am thinking about taking Celebrity from San Diego to Hawaii. Does my Diamond status on RCI carry over to Celebrity? How about Next Cruise certificates, can they be used on both cruise lines? Any thoughts on this cruise? Thanks!

Since RCI has abandoned us west coasters, I am thinking about taking Celebrity from San Diego to Hawaii. Does my Diamond status on RCI carry over to Celebrity? How about Next Cruise certificates, can they be used on both cruise lines? Any thoughts on this cruise? Thanks!

Your Diamond status on Royal will get you Elite status on Celebrity. Call Celebrity's Captain's Club with your C&A number, and they will enroll you in Captain's Club at the Elite level.

The Next Cruise certificates are not transferable between the lines. Celebrity's equivalent is called Celebrity Passage.

Diamond will give you Elite status on X.. But you will not get Diamond points. Captains club points will start to accrue on X.

Next cruise certs are not interchangeable..You will need to Buy X to use on X and buy RLI to use on RCI. (different OBC criterea) You can, however, buy either certs on-board.

S and p

I once booked a cruise on board with Royal and was able to change it a few weeks later to a Celebrity cruise. Not sure if that would work with a next cruise certificate - use the Next Cruise to book a Royal cruise and switch it to a Celebrity cruise. Not sure if a next cruise booking is transferable like an on board booking is. Someone here might know though.

Archived