Travel Agent or Website

jbein60

Looking for some input. We just sailed on the Gem a couple of weeks ago and I booked through an agent. We are looking at getting a group of people together and going on the Breakaway in May of next year. Should we go through the agent again or just book online??

Looking for some input. We just sailed on the Gem a couple of weeks ago and I booked through an agent. We are looking at getting a group of people together and going on the Breakaway in May of next year. Should we go through the agent again or just book online??

For a group I would go thru a Travel Agent. It would be to hard for one individual to keep track of all the bookings . You could talk directly to NCL (if you have more than 8 cabins) to set up all the bookings .I still would personally prefer a TA for the group.

I had this same question as I was preparing for my very first cruise. I wound up going through a travel agent I'd used for non-cruise trips... and MAN, am I glad I did. Here's why:

I talked to my travel agent about this trip and my specific requirements. One of them was that, despite traveling solo, I wanted to spend the money and get a balcony as opposed to one of the single studios. We originally booked in a mid-ship balcony.

As photos began circulating of the ship, my travel agent called me to say that, knowing a balcony was one of my top priorities, she wanted to encourage me to spend the extra money and get an aft-facing balcony. I told her to go ahead, and the next day, she set that up.

Well, here we are a few months later and one of the biggest complaints from people is with regard to the balconies. The aft-facing balconies are, for the most part, quite a bit larger. And they're now selling like hotcakes because people (like me) for whom balcony time is a big priority are snatching them up.

Long story short (I know, I know... too late!), had I not gone through an agent who was on top of things, I would never have known to make the switch. Now, even though my cruise isn't until March 2, I'm even more stoked than ever because she really made sure I got exactly what I wanted!

Richard/Tralfie

I agree about using an agent, especially in dealing with a group. Also on our recent cruise there were price drops after full payment, and the agent was helpful in getting an upgrade. In addition the agency had some incentives:)!

Archived