I'm back and so is the weight

PJK

I was so bad on the cruise. I tried to convince myself that I was going to exercise every morning. LOL that didn't happen. I'm up about 10 pounds. icon_frown.gif Hoping most of it is water gain.

Today i'm back on my diet and exercise plan.

Pam

NCL Sea 4/3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;4;3;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Norway - April 2002

Pam, I'll bet most of it is water. By next week you will be well on your way to your pre-cruise weight. At least you enjoyed yourself and are back on track..You'll be fine. Mary

PS...I know how that exercise promise sort of disappeared after day one!!

whale.gif

HORIZON 3/04

SUMMIT 9/03

icon_rolleyes.gif

don't fret

I got back a week ago

and on my cruise I ate and drank whatever I wanted

well I gained 6 pounds but by saturday I was back to my precruise weight

the hardest thing is to stop eating sweets

I crave a desert now after dinner

I have to get that sugar out of my system

good luck you will do it keep us informed icon_smile.gif

icon_smile.gif

Ditto! You will be back to precruise weight in no time. But I also agree, getting over the dessert craving lasts a while, but ignore it.

Gayla

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=2>

<param name="day" value=9>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

fish1.gif

Hi Pam, Welcome back! Did you have a great time?? I'm sure you did. Please tell us where you went and what was your favorite thing that you did? Now that you are back, I agree with all the others...that weight will just melt off quickly now that you are back on track!

Mary Ann icon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

"The Big Red Boat" 10/87

Royal Majesty 5/97

Sea Princess 3/01

Carnival Triumph 1/02

Carnival Sensation 10/02

Carnival Triumph 5/04

Pam, Welcome Back! AREN'T CRUISES FUN?

I was going to be better than I was too!

Did walk but not enough..ate to much ..good food! Translated..desserts! Was craving that sugar since I've been home.

Today back on the straight and narrow..in fact know I haven't eaten enough..that sounds strange but true! icon_biggrin.gif

Good Luck!

Just wanted to say what a WONDERFUL group of people we have here -- so encouraging and uplifting -- knowing just what to say. You guys are so great. Now I wish there was a board for "empty nest syndrome".icon_smile.gif Have a terrific day all of you. You guys sure make me smile.

Jacki

Sovereign July 2000

Sovereign August 2000

Imagination July 2001

Sovereign August 2001

Paradies June 2002

Pride August 2002

Sensation March 2003

Enchantment May 2003

Sovereign October 2003

Sensation January 2004

Mariner May 2004

Pam, the important thing is that you're now back on program. That weight will be off before you know it. My thoughts are that if you never allow yourself "vacations" from your new WOE it won't work.

Jacki, I agree. Everyone here really helps to keep me on track. Regarding the "empty nest", it just takes a little time and before you know it you're enjoying it. Hubby and I are loving it. icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;15;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Hi Pam don't worry about the weight. Glad you had fun. Things will get back to normal soon.

Belle, Ditto to you also.

You both have great cruise memories. Now you can get back of your WOE and plan for the next cruise.

the sugar cravings are the worst.

In regard to empty nest we had it for a semester and now son is back home and going to attend community college. I love him dearly but it was nicer when he was at school.

Pat

You all are so great. Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement. I have to agree that the sweet craving is hard to get over. Prior to the cruise I stopped eating the Atkins ice cream and candy bars. I found myself eating them lastnight because I needed the sweets.

We had a wonderful time. We went to Cozumel, Roaton, Belize and Cancun. I have to say Cancun and Cozumel were my favorites. Didn't see much of Roaton and hated Belize.

Here is a link to some pics from my trip. http://community.webshots.com/album/133132804Vaackd?894

Pam

NCL Sea 4/04

NCL Norway 4/02

• 2 weeks later...

Pam,

I saw your post and I just wanted to say that I've been there, too as far as gaining weight and disappointing myself. I hope you get back to where you want to be real soon!

Sandy

Carn. Jubilee, Nov 13,2000

NCL Sea, July 22,2001

Cel Zenith Oct 19, 2002

Carn. Pride Aug 27, 2003

NCL Dawn, Oct. 31, 2004 (find us at the roll call!)

Sandy and Len, Mom and Dad, BahamaMomma, DJ and family

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=5023051067&m=7733089657

I have been back a couple of months, and the weight stayed with me. I really need to find someway to shed these extra lbs plus the ones I went on the ship with. I havent been on these boards before but have heard they are pretty fun.

JK

Prior to my first cruise in 2002 I had lost 85 pounds. I was very worried about putting on weight. I planned on going to the gym and ordering only the "diet" choices on the menu. Well, that lasted all of about 2 seconds. I never made it to the gym and ate and drank anything and everything I wanted. Pants were definetly tight coming home. I also weighed in at a 10 pound gain!!! It was worth it. Got right back on my program and the weight was off within two weeks and I have maintained it [ actually have lost a few more since then ] for the past two years.

Don't worry. You will be fine. Glad you had a great cruise.

Happy Cruizin'

Linda

Ecstasy 4/02

Paradise 11/29/04 Inlaws 50th wedding anniversary

Pride 5/29/05 Daughters Sweet 16

Archived