Now this is what I think a refrurb should be like

Thanks - got it! Does look lovely. I was especially impressed with the quadrant shower but further on realised that must have been in a suite or something because there was a cirular shower unit in another pic - probably a standard cabin. Now that did look cosy with the curtain almost encircling you! :eek::D

I couldnt live with that carpet in the cabin! reminds me of the dogs muddy footprints...in fact the feature pattern wall looks like the dog has has a good shake against the wall after swimming thru a swamp (trustme....I know what that looks like!):eek:

bathrooms look nice tho dont they?....shower curtain looks vaguely familiar?;)

and they have proper big coffee mugs!.....Oh the luxury....the decadence...no kettle tho??

A good (and relevant) example of a refurb is the new Superstar Gemini (ex Norwegian Dream). It did look as though that the Norwegian Dream was going to be chartered to Thomson a couple of years ago, but eventually due to issues with Louis not being able to complete the purchase of both Majesty and Norwegian Dream, Thomson ended up chartering Costa Europa (now Thomson Dream). This is what she looks like now (click on the tabs to see more pictures) http://www.starcruises.com/en/home/ships/superstar-gemini/introduction.aspx

And this is what was done by Star Cruises during the re-furb

The estimated cost of this refurbishment is 50 million USD.

The refurbished SuperStar Gemini will house new onboard facilities including restaurants of Chinese, Asian and international cuisines, open-deck barbecue, show lounge, karaoke, spa & health club, beauty salon, children’s playroom and swimming pool. With a passenger capacity of 1,532, the vessel will house 766 guest cabins in a variety of layouts including ergonomic ocean view rooms, stylish junior suites and deluxe executive suites. The shopping area will comprise over 400 m2 of facilities, providing a premier duty-free shopping experience like no other.

Off you go then Stevie and let us know all about it when you get back.....if you................no don't even go there :eek:

Hope you speak Italian :D:D:D

Linda was looking at the refurb not the cruise line :rolleyes:

Stveie

I see a kettle:) I can spot a kettle at a hundred yards :D Little cups though

This is the cabin we are having for the Fjords on Crown Princess

2upg0ie.jpg

Nice eh? 8 days for £829 per person :)

Linda, that looks lovely. Impressed! :)

Linda, that looks lovely. Impressed! :)
You know I said I got £100 per person off beause the price had dropped, since I booked it :) Well, I could have got it for less if I had waited and booked now :rolleyes: It has dropped again, but it is a new promotion, so I would have to cancel and re-book, which would mean me losing my deposit, so would not save anything.

I see a kettleI can spot a kettle at a hundred yards Little cups though

This is the cabin we are having for the Fjords on Crown Princess

2upg0ie.jpg

Nice eh? 8 days for £829 per person

Will you stop showing off.:p;):D:D

You know I said I got £100 per person off beause the price had dropped, since I booked it :) Well, I could have got it for less if I had waited and booked now :rolleyes: It has dropped again, but it is a new promotion, so I would have to cancel and re-book, which would mean me losing my deposit, so would not save anything.

Cannot even take advantage of that bargain and join you as DH and I are doing Adriatic at same time but the cost (last time I looked) has gone up. Seems there are some good bargains on UK departures this year. :D:rolleyes:

Showing off, as well, sorry happy v. Just checked prices for my Sept cruise.

The cruise only is now actually £34 each MORE than our cruise and half board hotel stay combined. That means we have a free week in the hotel! :D:D:)

Unbelievable!

The cruise only is now actually £34 each MORE than our cruise and half board hotel stay combined. That means we have a free week in the hotel! :D:D:)

Unbelievable!

Oh that is brilliant Jackie :)

Unbelievable!

You know I don't really mind;). Go and enjoy........it always feels better when you've got a bargain.:D:D

not a Costa fan but this does look good ?

recently refurbished COSTA ROMANTICA, known today as COSTA neoROMANTICA (CnR)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller...7633422471461/

Stevie

Just been watching Planet Cruise on Ideal word, Freeview 22.

Beautiful ships and fantastic destinations, prices often cheaper than Thomson.

Who are Thomson trying to kid with their" Platinum Upgrades "

We have recently booked a Fred Olsen cruise for 14 nights in June.

Scandinavia & St Petersburg from Greenock....£799. At that price it's worth a try. Entertainment may not be as lively as Thomson but it is the itinerary we are most interested in and I'm sure the crew will be just as friendly and helpful as Thomson's crew, and even with tips to pay, still much cheaper than Thomson for a similar cruise.

Next cruise will probably be with a different cruise line. There are so many great deals out there at the moment so now is the best time to try something new and not get stuck in the Thomson rut.

Looking forward to trying one of the newer ships and exotic destinations.

Just been watching Planet Cruise on Ideal word, Freeview 22.

Beautiful ships and fantastic destinations, prices often cheaper than Thomson.

Who are Thomson trying to kid with their" Platinum Upgrades "

We have recently booked a Fred Olsen cruise for 14 nights in June.

Scandinavia & St Petersburg from Greenock....£799. At that price it's worth a try. Entertainment may not be as lively as Thomson but it is the itinerary we are most interested in and I'm sure the crew will be just as friendly and helpful as Thomson's crew, and even with tips to pay, still much cheaper than Thomson for a similar cruise.

Next cruise will probably be with a different cruise line. There are so many great deals out there at the moment so now is the best time to try something new and not get stuck in the Thomson rut.

Looking forward to trying one of the newer ships and exotic destinations.

There certainly are some bargains around. I think F.O. entertainment is considered to be pretty good. They use the same company (Peel Entertainment) as Thomson and from what I read the entertainment is the most like Thomson than most other cruise lines so I think you should be ok on that score.

I agree that it's worth shopping round and perhaps trying other cruise lines (we're doing the same next month). But there are some amazing prices on Thomson too. The North Cape trip which I think has just gone from Newcastle was £495 for 12 nights - last minute though - but quite a steal. Had we not been going away imminently we'd have made the journey up to Newcastle for sure at that price!

But definitely worth looking around and well done securing your bargain. It's certainly a good price for 14 nights and a great itinerary.

There certainly are some bargains around. I think F.O. entertainment is considered to be pretty good. They use the same company (Peel Entertainment) as Thomson and from what I read the entertainment is the most like Thomson than most other cruise lines so I think you should be ok on that score.

I agree that it's worth shopping round and perhaps trying other cruise lines (we're doing the same next month). But there are some amazing prices on Thomson too. The North Cape trip which I think has just gone from Newcastle was £495 for 12 nights - last minute though - but quite a steal. Had we not been going away imminently we'd have made the journey up to Newcastle for sure at that price!

But definitely worth looking around and well done securing your bargain. It's certainly a good price for 14 nights and a great itinerary.

Thanks Kruseeka for the info on the entertainment on FO. Sounds promising.

We did spot the 12 night cruise on Thomson, but the dates did not suit us.

Also departures from Greenock or Edinburgh suit us better as we now live north of the border.

Looking forward to it , just hope the weather is kind to us.

Although we enjoyed our cruise on the Majesty. we did not like the layout of the ship, and the noisy vibration in some areas put us off booking this ship again. We are however willing to try other Thomson ships if we like the itinerary and the price is fairly reasonable for this type of ship.

I do hope you enjoy your next cruise and look forward to hearing your views on the ship.

Archived