S-Class Overhang

njmudd

Hello

We booked an AQ GTY and have been given a mid-ship starboard A1 room which I understand have the overhang from the above deck.

I am not complaining about the allocation as there was a significant reduction over choosing a room.

Can anyone advise me what to expect? Do you get any sun on the balcony or is it shade all day?

Also does the overhang obstruct the view or is it far enough above eye level to not make much difference?

I've heard people talk about the support strut - I can't see that this will be a problem and you can easily look around or past it. Am I correct?

Many thanks for the help.

Nigel.

Hi. We have not found the overhang to be a problem. In fact, we like it because it affords some shade to be able to enjoy the balcony more. If you want constant sun, you might not care for it, but I think of it as a positive feature!

And congrats on getting the A1 in a great location at a bargain price - we paid the going rate for ours :-)

Hi. We have not found the overhang to be a problem. In fact, we like it because it affords some shade to be able to enjoy the balcony more. If you want constant sun, you might not care for it, but I think of it as a positive feature!

And congrats on getting the A1 in a great location at a bargain price - we paid the going rate for ours :-)

You will get shade almost all day...which in many cases is a plus. There is no blockage of view, other than looking up to see an airplane overhead...but it does block any GPS signals, if that's a concern.

The bigger issue with many A1 cabins are that they are directly under the pool deck chair areas and you hear chairs scraping and people clomping as they walk. We were allocated an A1 and i tried to get it changed to an A2, but Celebrity wouldn't let me do it. While the A2's are further forward or back, they are under things that have less potential to make noise.

Personally, I wouldn't want those staterooms right under the overhang. It juts out quite a bit, unless you are in the hump staterooms

Looking up from our cabin 3 floors lower down the overhang reminded me of an aircraft carrier's flight deck.

We have always stayed in Aqua under the overhang. Love the shade on the balcony. View is the same as anywhere else. As for noise from the pool above, we have heard none.

Pat

I like the shade from the overhang, and specifically chose it for an upcoming cruse (M-class, but it has an overhang too). The shade in sunny weather and protection from bad weather!

The downside is possibly being under the pool, or if the support beams bug you. They did reduce my ability to get an unobstructed wide-angle photo, but I still would rather have the protection and take photos from the upper decks.

You'll get a mixture of sun and shade. We've always had an veranda with an overhang and I've never thought it was dark or gloomy. Yes, there are struts but I consider if part of the architecture and like them. To me, they're not an "obstruction."

Archived