Cruise eats! The best you had at port?

njitalian76

I had a Jamaican beef pie with a red stripe beer in Ocho Rios. It was incredible for street food. It was so good I had to get 2 more. I was worried about getting sick for the entire night, but everything was fine. I am a chef and I can honestly say that that was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I wish I had the recipe.

I had a Jamaican beef pie with a red stripe beer in Ocho Rios. It was incredible for street food. It was so good I had to get 2 more. I was worried about getting sick for the entire night, but everything was fine. I am a chef and I can honestly say that that was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I wish I had the recipe.

Skeeter:

You have actually made me hungry thinking about the beef pie. Now, I'm going to have to find one after work!

Z and TB

A. a lobster kabob on Goff's Cay Belize's barrier islands. We had been snorkeling for a while, and this young man had a grill going, doing lobster kabobs, and heating beans and corn in the can right on the grill. Hunger is the best seasoning. The view of the end of the world was fantastic (goff's cay is the last island in the chain, after that you got ocean until you get to Africa)

B. El Cid Cozumel, the worlds best guacamole and salsa (it kicked butt) !

So I have the lobster on Goff's caye and it was fantastic!

P1070463.jpg.d8529bdd69076fc13373eb4228665bac.jpg

Fresh pineapple during an excursion in Panama and authentic Belizean chicken and rice after cave tubing in Belize.

Are you talking about Cheers on the Western Highway (at least I think that's what the road was called). I was just coming here to poste exactly that. The Adobo Chicken was crazy good...but what stood out was the pineapple that they said they'd cut off the bush right next to Cheers on that same day. MAN that was crazy juicy, I've very rarely had anything nearly as good as that pineapple.

• 1 month later...
Tracey's Crab Shack in Juneau......hands down.

It is so rare to have fresh king crab unless you live in Alaska. Not cheap, but so worth it.

I have never found a place that can beat Tracy's and happen to have a menu card on my desk right now.:D

Mike:)

• 2 weeks later...
Lobster Dave's in Ocho Rios great local place on the beach near the Margaritaville.

Don't you have to go into the Island Village compound, down to the beach and then left, stepping across the creek to get to Lobster Dave's? I have heard his cooking is quite commendable. The decor is supposed to be a bit "casual" :rolleyes: to say the least from what I saw, but if you're there for the food, it shouldn't matter.

• 4 weeks later...

Tracy's for sure! We had lunch there & decided to go back for dinner, even though the food on board was free! While waiting for our food we were talking to a couple from another ship in port who said "You're going to love this-it's so good that we had lunch here & had to come back for dinner!" Nice to know it's not just US!

DSC_0553.jpg.72fa915c61274b2f6def40e8ba469fda.jpg

• Like 1

Halifax - ryers lobsters near peggys cove

San juan - la casada blanca. Most authentic food and atmosphere on the island

Ketchikan Alaska - both seafood shacks on the pier. Great fish and chips and clam chowder at one, great salmon chowder at the one next to it

St Thomas - hilltop - great banana daquiri

nassau - walking around with a local beer from liquor store across from sailboat marina near cruise ship dock

• 2 months later...

I don't eat seafood but my husband LOVES crab! I still smile when I think of him diving into his own bucket of King Crab legs at Tracy's! I have a movie of it! I just sat there and watched him eat the whole thing by himself! He was in crab heaven. It was 5 years ago and he still talks about it! As soon as we can ,we are going back to Alaska, and I am taking him back to Tracy's again. Its worth the money and calories for the special treat. I will have a roll and coke again :)