Cruise eats! The best you had at port?

njitalian76

Barbecued salmon at Taku Lodge in Juneau. Best. Salmon. Evahh!! All the side dishes were fabulous too (best sourdough bread, best biscuits, best cookies).

YES! Thank you for reminding me of that meal...it was incredible!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

The bacon-wrapped scallops at The Flaming Buoy in Key West. They are now the standard by which we measure all bacon-wrapped scallops anywhere.

Not in the touristy part of town, about 10 tables. We ate there our first night in KW on the recommendation of a couple at the hotel pool. After meals at other restaurants on subsequent nights, we both agreed that should have been our dinner place every night.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The bacon-wrapped scallops at The Flaming Buoy in Key West. They are now the standard by which we measure all bacon-wrapped scallops anywhere.

Not in the touristy part of town, about 10 tables. We ate there our first night in KW on the recommendation of a couple at the hotel pool. After meals at other restaurants on subsequent nights, we both agreed that should have been our dinner place every night.

Sounds awesome!!!

Conch fritters in Georgetown Grand Cayman (takeout), forget the name, but was right behind the Royal Bank building. It was just a small trailer with park benches. Best I have ever had, including Bahamas and Key West.

Also had the best guacamole EVER, at a beach restaurant in Costa Maya. Dont know the name of it, but it was where Carnival had it's beach break excursion in 2007. We ordered it and ate some with nacho chips, but our bus was boarding to take us back to the ship, and we had to leave half of it behind. I almost cried to leave that behind.

Best food I ever had in the Caribbean, Barbados! Been there a gazillion times on land vacations, but not on a cruise, but yes, the flying fish sandwich is wonderful, especially with a banks beer. And salt fish fritters, and any and all food from the Atlantis hotel Bathsheba. Also a late night hot dog from a hot dog cart in St Lawrence Gap.

Roti in both Barbados and St Lucia! Sooooo good. I could go on and on.

Edited by SMSACE6

Conch fritters in Georgetown Grand Cayman (takeout), forget the name, but was right behind the Royal Bank building. It was just a small trailer with park benches. Best I have ever had, including Bahamas and Key West.

Also had the best guacamole EVER, at a beach restaurant in Costa Maya. Dont know the name of it, but it was where Carnival had it's beach break excursion in 2007. We ordered it and ate some with nacho chips, but our bus was boarding to take us back to the ship, and we had to leave half of it behind. I almost cried to leave that behind.

Best food I ever had in the Caribbean, Barbados! Been there a gazillion times on land vacations, but not on a cruise, but yes, the flying fish sandwich is wonderful, especially with a banks beer. And salt fish fritters, and any and all food from the Atlantis hotel Bathsheba. Also a late night hot dog from a hot dog cart in St Lawrence Gap.

Roti in both Barbados and St Lucia! Sooooo good. I could go on and on.

Nice thanks for sharing! I'm a sucker for Conch fritters and Cracked Conch!!!! Really the hot dog was good huh?

This is second-hand info, but my co-worker had "the best fish in his life", grouper, IIRC--at the Fish Fry, which is a waterside conglomeration of fish restaurants. he mentioned that the boats were unloading right at the base of the restaurants. Talk about fresh! He told me which ones he ate at, but I've forgotten:o

This is second-hand info, but my co-worker had "the best fish in his life", grouper, IIRC--at the Fish Fry, which is a waterside conglomeration of fish restaurants. he mentioned that the boats were unloading right at the base of the restaurants. Talk about fresh! He told me which ones he ate at, but I've forgotten:o

The fish fry is awesome! I had cracked conch their last summer!

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Nice thanks for sharing! I'm a sucker for Conch fritters and Cracked Conch!!!! Really the hot dog was good huh?

Yes...the hot dog was that good. Could have been the late hour, ( way after midnight) plus the drinks that we had consumed, but I do remember how good that hot dog was. I am a sucker for street food though.:D

Yes...the hot dog was that good. Could have been the late hour, ( way after midnight) plus the drinks that we had consumed, but I do remember how good that hot dog was. I am a sucker for street food though.:D

Me too i love street food. I have had some amazing food experiences from street vendors! Especially in NYC and the Bahamas!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

DW and I are cruising during Christmas with stops at Half Moon Cay, Georgetown, Ocho Rios and Key West. We love street food and had a positively delicious conch salad last year in St Maarten. Can we find this dish in any of the ports on this trip? Any other comments about street food here would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We don't usually eat much during a cruise stop, perhaps because we usually prefer to eat on the ship.

However, we had a wonderful meal at a Greek restaurant called Kotoli, when we were in Piraeus Port for Athens, Greece.

Two platters of food for the 6 of us. I even made a video!

[YOUTUBE]_GYjGhWAFQU[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...